[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Assumed it wouldn't but I hadn't got around to testing it yet :(

@nlightHasn't been on since April so worried this may be dead unless someone else can pick it up.

Shame as its really good mod and the only way I've ever managed to get my stick to work in KSP.

44 minutes ago, Boris-Barboris said:

could you possibly include my prequest? You should find it on your github fork repo.

I tried it out, and it causes SAS to completely override user input (though it seems it should not). I'll keep poking at it.

@taniwha I think I've got it compiled for windows (not sure if I did it right, but it seems to work), I've forked your repo and uploaded the .dll as a release - it's here if you want to add it (not sure if this is the best way to send it, but I don't know where else to upload it). I hope this helps.

Edited by jamesb6626

Just reporting in that, using Boris-Barboris updated DLL, I managed to put together an AFBW setup for KSP 1.2.0 that work in conjunction with Atmosphere Autopilot. I play on Windows 64 bit with an XBox One Controller (with the guide button unlocked!). Anyone having trouble making this mod to work, PM me and i'll do what I can to help.

Edited by Galenmacil

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2016 at 2:53 PM, Galenmacil said:

Just reporting in that, using Boris-Barboris updated DLL, I managed to put together an AFBW setup for KSP 1.2.0 that work in conjunction with Atmosphere Autopilot. I play on Windows 64 bit with an XBox One Controller (with the guide button unlocked!). Anyone having trouble making this mod to work, PM me and i'll do what I can to help.

I don't get how into download DLL. Or how into compile. pls help.

• 1 month later...

I was able to get the mod working with KSP 1.2.1 using the following steps:

1. Follow the instructions from the start page, like you would install it for KSP 1.1.

2. Get the DLL from Boris above and replace the original (GameData/ksp-advanced-flybywire/ksp-advanced-flybywire.dll)

3. Remove GameData/000_Toolbar and get an up-to-date version of Toolbar

I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/11/2016 at 8:57 AM, steohan said:

I was able to get the mod working with KSP 1.2.1 using the following steps:

1. Follow the instructions from the start page, like you would install it for KSP 1.1.

2. Get the DLL from Boris above and replace the original (GameData/ksp-advanced-flybywire/ksp-advanced-flybywire.dll)

3. Remove GameData/000_Toolbar and get an up-to-date version of Toolbar

I hope this helps.

Thank you it helped me

• 3 weeks later...

There is a new problem, hope my post will help to make a fix.
Same situation as on page 18th. Grey box instead of settings after click on a toolbar button.

In my case it worked completely fine (with "boris dll") until I performed Windows Updates. I manage to fix it temporally using compatibility options as Windows 8.

Doesn't work as Windows 7 compatibility (according to debug logs system cannot find xinput and sdl2 DLL's.

Windows 8 compatibility giving us working panel but with HUUGE lag. It's like running kerbal on Casio calculator.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@nlight Thank you so much for this mod! Just signed up to post this message. Was able to run an old joystick and a 3D mouse simultaneously with vJoy. Without this mod KSP messes up multiple vJoy devices. Also the in-game programming and calibration is just gold.

@Boris-Barboris Thank you for the contribution! I can confirm your dll/method works. KSP 1.2.2, W10 x64

• 4 weeks later...

Having a bit of a problem with this mod. While running KSP 1.1.3 and having everything in the correct places (I've checked), after binding a button on my joystick to an action, the game throws an error and pressing the button does not do anything.

Stacktrace:

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Staging' from assembly 'ksp-advanced-flybywire'.
  at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.AdvancedFlyByWire.ButtonPressedCallback (KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.IController controller, Int32 button, .FlightCtrlState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.IController.Update (.FlightCtrlState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.SDLController.Update (.FlightCtrlState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.FlightManager.OnFlyByWire (.FlightCtrlState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at (wrapper delegate-invoke) FlightInputCallback:invoke_void__this___FlightCtrlState (FlightCtrlState)

at Vessel.FeedInputFeed () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FlightInputHandler.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I'm using a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X and I'm on windows 10. Any pointers on how I might be able to fix this?

• 4 weeks later...