[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

Clicking on the game controller button on the toolbar to launch the config window causes x86 vanilla KSP 0.25 to crash. Is the OP aware of this already? If not, I can send a bug report. And I just got the issues with the Saitek X55 straightened out too -_-

No need, .25 support is coming out tonight :)

Hi nlight,

first of all, thanks for the mod. It's much better than the stock input. I've tried using it with my Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5 stick, but any time I tried to associate an axis with some control it immediately set it to the throttle axis. Upon inspection, I saw that this particular axis reports values from -1 to +1, and your code was looking for exactly 0.0 (which is almost impossible to do in my case(, so I changed it to look for a delta in the value and it seens to be working fine now. I've created a pull request with this change in github, if you're interested.

v1.2 is out, changes are mostly GUI related

- New preset editor

- Many small GUI improvements

- Now using KSP skin by default, option to revert to the old one

- Updated toolbar to 1.7.7

Hi nlight,

first of all, thanks for the mod. It's much better than the stock input. I've tried using it with my Mad Catz F.L.Y. 5 stick, but any time I tried to associate an axis with some control it immediately set it to the throttle axis. Upon inspection, I saw that this particular axis reports values from -1 to +1, and your code was looking for exactly 0.0 (which is almost impossible to do in my case(, so I changed it to look for a delta in the value and it seens to be working fine now. I've created a pull request with this change in github, if you're interested.

Wow, this is amazing. Thank you for the patch, I didn't see it in time for this release but I will merge it asap.

Hi, potential bug, or possibly I dont know what Im doing. :)

I just got a Logitech Extreme 3d pro stick, trying to map it with your mod. Works well except for the throttle control. When I map the throttle to the stick's throttle axis it not only doesnt work but also locks out the keyboard control for throttle. The full throttle and cut throttle buttons still work but the shift/control keys for throttle no longer work until I remove the throttle axis. Id love to get this going as I am looking for a way to swap yaw/roll control between planes and rockets.

Also the description seems to indicate there should be a stock key binding included, but I dont get one. Am I misunderstanding?

Thanks

The Linux beta dll doesn't load for me:

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'AdvancedFlyByWire' from assembly 'ksp-advanced-flybywire'

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Fallback handler could not load library /home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/kernel32
Fallback handler could not load library /home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libkernel32.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/./kernel32
Fallback handler could not load library /home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libkernel32.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/kernel32
Fallback handler could not load library /home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libkernel32
Fallback handler could not load library /home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libkernel32.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libkernel32
Fallback handler could not load library /home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libkernel32.so
Fallback handler could not load library /home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/libkernel32
Fallback handler could not load library /home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/./kernel32
Fallback handler could not load library /home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/KSP_Data/Mono/x86_64/./libkernel32
DllNotFoundException: kernel32
at (wrapper managed-to-native) KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.Utility:LoadLibrary (string)
at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.Utility.CheckLibrary (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.Utility.CheckLibrarySupport () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KSPAdvancedFlyByWire.AdvancedFlyByWire.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

Full log.

I sure don't have those libs.

Debian sid

KSP 0.25 x86_64

The Linux beta dll doesn't load for me:

Same errors here.

Linux Mint 17 x64

KSP 0.25 x64

I noticed that libkernel32.so is a Wine library...perhaps a simple copy/paste or symlink will fix this.

I have both x32 and x64 libsdl installed.

EDIT:

My log and errors are identical to steve_v's.

Edited by skeevy

Used the library from the x64 linux github build page (different sized file than what's in the posted zip) as well as trying to use Wine's kernel32. Neither worked and threw the same errors as above.

Greetings,

A bug I came across yesterday. After getting .25 working with all the mods I wanted, my game would get borked (not actually crashing, but basically the world wouldn't load) upon loading a craft onto the launchpad.

Upon investigating the output_log.txt, I found that Advanced Fly By Wire was looking for a xml config file, specifically in the C:\Programs (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ksp-advanced-flybywire\advanced_flybywire_config_v11.xml

This seems that by hardcoding the location for this file it would break any installation outside the Steam folder (like I had mine, but I'm using launch options in Steam to point to the external folder)

The fix was to copy the flybywire folder into the Steam GameData directory, even though i wasn't using the Steam's version of the game.

Used the library from the x64 linux github build page (different sized file than what's in the posted zip) as well as trying to use Wine's kernel32. Neither worked and threw the same errors as above.

Ok, seems my approach to trick mono into loading SDL is not working. Sorry for releasing a broken build, I'll get on fixing it soon.

I found that Advanced Fly By Wire was looking for a xml config file, specifically in the C:\Programs (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ksp-advanced-flybywire\advanced_flybywire_config_v11.xml

This seems that by hardcoding the location for this file it would break any installation outside the Steam folder (like I had mine, but I'm using launch options in Steam to point to the external folder)

The fix was to copy the flybywire folder into the Steam GameData directory, even though i wasn't using the Steam's version of the game.

The mod looks for its configuration file using a relative path to your executable's working directory. I am not sure but I think that Steam will auto-set the working directory to SteamApps\Common even if your executable is actually somewhere else.

I would advise to try with a standard windows shortcut and by manually specifying the correct working directory.

What do you mean with "Acceleration-based discrete inputs" though? :)

When you assign a discrete binding (i.e. button) to a continuous action (e.g. Pitch+) then the stock input system will do:

pitch += changeInPitch * deltaTime;

AFBW adds an acceleration value:

pitchVelocity += changeInPitch * deltaTime^2;

pitch += pitchVelocity * deltaTime;

Edited by nlight

Version 1.2.1 is up, addressing a critical bug with switching vessels and some other stuff.

v1.2.1

- Fixed a bug where changing vessels mid-flight would result in AFBW controlling the old vessel

- Fixed a bug where if KSP's working directory was not configured correctly the mod wouldn't find its config file

- Merged Vitor Boschi's axis mapping fix

- Toolbar button now closes the UI if it's already open

- Added explicit "Save configuration" button to the main screen

- Fixed input control locks for the new preset editor

- Support for KSP-AVC

Bug report for v1.2.1:

When I open the AFBW interface to change some settings, all mouse and keyboard input is deactivated after leaving the interface. If I go back to the main menu via ESC, all the menu items are "greyed out" and there is no mouse. The only thing still usable is blizzys toolbar and the buttons on it.

Also the "treat hats as buttons" option seems not to work with my thrustmaster T16000.

Bug report for v1.2.1:

When I open the AFBW interface to change some settings, all mouse and keyboard input is deactivated after leaving the interface. If I go back to the main menu via ESC, all the menu items are "greyed out" and there is no mouse. The only thing still usable is blizzys toolbar and the buttons on it..

Oops, this slipped past testing at the last minute. Version 1.2.2 is up with a fix.

I'll check the hats as buttons option for next release.

First off, I like the mod, it works great for the most part.

I've hit an interesting bug though. Activating any controller screws with rovers. With any controller activated in the setup window, as soon as I hit back (S) the rover just starts accelerating forward on its own. If I hit forward (W) or disable the controller the rover stops accelerating and acts like normal, but it won't go backwards. I have reproduced this on a fresh install.

Also I've noticed that a button set to control the brakes will toggle the brakes on and off, instead of applying the brakes while the button is pressed. Not sure if this is intended or not.

Otherwise the mod seems to function properly, unfortunately I can't use it if my rovers all drive off on their own :/

First off, I like the mod, it works great for the most part.

I've hit an interesting bug though. Activating any controller screws with rovers. With any controller activated in the setup window, as soon as I hit back (S) the rover just starts accelerating forward on its own. If I hit forward (W) or disable the controller the rover stops accelerating and acts like normal, but it won't go backwards. I have reproduced this on a fresh install.

Also I've noticed that a button set to control the brakes will toggle the brakes on and off, instead of applying the brakes while the button is pressed. Not sure if this is intended or not.

Otherwise the mod seems to function properly, unfortunately I can't use it if my rovers all drive off on their own :/

Thanks for the report :) I am aware of this issue and it will be fixed in the next version.

i changed the default mappings and whenever i remap with a combo (LB+left stick axis x) it doesn't apply the first button press. for instance, i remapped roll to left stick x axis and yaw to lb + left x axis. when pressing lb + left axis it rolls instead of yaws. don't know why but other then that i like the mod.

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. Could you follow the steps in the "Bug reports" section of the main post and send me the neccessary info so I can fix this.

EDIT:

As far as I can see your joystick is supported both by Windows and by SDL so there shouldn't be any issues. Please try deleting your GameData/ksp-advanced-flybywire/ksp-advanced-flybywire_v11.xml

and restart the game. Try plugging your joystick once you're actually in flight mode and see if it appears on the list then.

Doesn't work for me.

Neither does restarting the computer anymore :(

Having ThrustMaster USB-joystick.

Joystick works with windows and with the game (buttons I have assigned in options) as usual. Even calibrated it couple times.

AFBW recognized my XBOX-controller though. But if you unplugged and plugged it back in it didn't anymore, without reboot.

Edited by Las-pen
added more info

Excellent! Must unleash full power of X-55 Rhino!

Haha same here it works awesomely. I bought my X55 for DCS and when I first decided to use it for KSP I was like this is so overkill but after using it I find it extremely useful. and now that the mouse and keyboard getting disabled got fixed I can finally Release the awesomeness that is the X-55.