[1.1] AFBW v1.7-beta (Joystick & controller mod)

nlight

• 1 month later...

Really love it.

But one thing that's bugging me: The presets sometimes get messed up between controllers and I need to start messing with the settings file of the plugin. (Controller A has assigned the presets of Controller B)

Sometimes I have up to 4 different controllers connected. At first I thought the cause was vJoy, because vJoy controllers share the same name. But looking through the code it seems more like it just depends on the order of the joysticks as loaded by the input wrapper. Can anyone confirm this? When I find time I will start dabbling in the code. I will try to add internal identification of the controllers by a custom name that is generated from number of axes and buttons (as stated vJoy devices are just called vJoy, and would therefore be ambiguous).

The latest code is the ksp-1.2-fixes branch in taniwha's fork?

Thank you guys for the code/fixes, makes the game even more enjoyable!

Edited by Grtschnk

Judging by the outstanding pull requests for this on Github, it looks like the original author has dropped it :(

Any chance of @taniwha or @Boris-Barboris picking it up for 1.3 like you guys did for 1.2.2? You'd make all the Saitek HOTAS users very happy if you did :wink:

Edited by MrBonk
Added stuff and things

2 minutes ago, taniwha said:

As I still use AFBW, I expect I will do an update, but I can't make any promises as to when.

Thanks....I've reverted to 1.2.2 while some of the other mods are still being worked on anyway, so all good :) Any idea why the previous pull requests are still outstanding? Original author not interested anymore?

13 minutes ago, taniwha said:

As I still use AFBW, I expect I will do an update, but I can't make any promises as to when.

In case you're also interested in doing some bug fixing, I've raised a new issue on the repo for this mod, re multiple craft responding to throttle commands after they're undocked from each other.

• 1 month later...

Just installed this using the manual method because I cannot find it in CKAN, and the custom .dll linked above me, but I cannot see any gamepad icon in flight and Shift + L doesn't work. I'm on 1.3.0

Does it work fine for others and did I just do something wrong during the installation? This is the first mod I'm trying to install to this game.

8 hours ago, Hyperion101 said:

Just installed this using the manual method because I cannot find it in CKAN, and the custom .dll linked above me, but I cannot see any gamepad icon in flight and Shift + L doesn't work. I'm on 1.3.0

Does it work fine for others and did I just do something wrong during the installation? This is the first mod I'm trying to install to this game.

Honestly, I couldn't even get this to work, even when it was compatible with the then-current release (and even with CKAN). And I've been installing mods for years. 

On 7/5/2017 at 11:46 PM, Grenartia said:

Honestly, I couldn't even get this to work, even when it was compatible with the then-current release (and even with CKAN). And I've been installing mods for years. 

Works great for me with my Saitek X52 and X55 on 1.2.2.

On 7/5/2017 at 2:58 PM, Hyperion101 said:

Does it work fine for others and did I just do something wrong during the installation?

It's not going to work for 1.3.0 until @taniwha updates it, which he will do when he gets a chance (probably next time he plans to fly :P)

However, as an update, I am working on a replacement module for interfacing with Linux input devices. SDL is just horrid.

While I can't do the windows side myself, the work I'm doing should be usable by someone who can.

Edited by taniwha

4 hours ago, taniwha said:

While I can't do the windows side myself, the work I'm doing should be usable by someone who can.

Windows10 here, not a single problem to report, other than having to re-calibrate and reset my dead zones every time I start the game. Minor hassle, takes like 2 mins and is part of my preflight routine

On 7/7/2017 at 9:28 PM, Drew Kerman said:

Works great for me with my Saitek X52 and X55 on 1.2.2.

It's not going to work for 1.3.0 until @taniwha updates it, which he will do when he gets a chance (probably next time he plans to fly :P)

I mean, I don't know what to say, because I tried my Logitech on it with that version, and it didn't even show up.

1 hour ago, Grenartia said:

I mean, I don't know what to say, because I tried my Logitech on it with that version, and it didn't even show up.

try uninstalling/disabling any Logitech controller software that you may have. I don't have any Saitek software installed, just the drivers (altho it did work in previous versions with the Saitek software active as well). I have a Logitech mouse, keyboards, headset, speakers - but I've never been fond of their joysticks. Def recommend the Saitek Pro Flight line

Edited by Drew Kerman

I have the @Boris-Barboris DLL my system says I have everything SDL except the dev files and SC controller set to Xbox. The game doesn't see the controller, afbw does not show in the tool bar. Using solusOS mostly up to date. Solus is stateless however that has caused me issues before with configs pointing to the wrong locations or the PATH being wrong. Any ideas?

Edit, I did get sccontroller working, its required to have real analog input but I had to install xinput by itself, the package didn't pull it in. Other distros may be different.

Edited by snkiz
New Dep I forgot

4 hours ago, snkiz said:

Using solusOS mostly up to date

AFAIK AFBW dlls are actually different for NT and POSIX, at least I remember some ifdef-alike structures in source code. And my dll was built on Windows. You probably should try to rebuild one from taninwa's master, or poke him.

Edited by Boris-Barboris

1 hour ago, Boris-Barboris said:

AFAIK AFBW dlls are actually different for NT and POSIX, at least I remember some ifdef-alike structures in source code. And my dll was build on Windows. You probably should try to rebuild one from taninwa's master, or poke him.

Well that would explain it. I'm going to wait for taninwa's build then, stateless also makes it PITA to setup a build environment. Not going to poke he knows peeps are waiting.:P

@snkiz: I compiled it for 1.2, but it seems to work in 1.3, so try this zip. If things continue to not work, please get me your log files (generally KSP.log is best). Note that KSP crashing is not worth a log, just a report on when it crashed (eg, during loading, after pressing a high-numbered button, etc).

As a note to all: I don't know i this is Unity in general, or just on Linux, but there seems to be a bug in Unity's joystick support where joysticks with more than twenty buttons (Unity's limit) can cause Unity to crash when some of the excess buttons are pressed. I discovered this because I am writing a new joystick mod (taking many ideas from AFBW), and wasted a day debugging my code only to find that unity with neither my mod nor AFBW installed would still crash with a segfault when I sufficiently played with the hat on my throttle.

@snkiz: If you want, you can take a look at my work so far. It talks directly to Linux's evdev system (I need help for Windows and Mac support) and uses cfg files for joystick configuration (death to XLM). Currently hand-coded configs because I've been concentrating on functionality rather than user interface.