[1.3.0] Malah's Quick mods [2017.05.31]

Malah

Hey, one small thing that's been bugging me about QuickExit... when the countdown finishes it displays something to the tune of "will exit in 5 seconds" instead of what i would expect, which would be something along the lines of "exiting..." or "will exit in 0 seconds." I attempted to make an adjustment myself and recompile, but, as I've been discovering recently, some mods simply cannot be recompiled by me without the whole thing breaking. As it turned out, the build was a success but the functionality was not... the button stopped showing on the toolbar and it produced an exception on load.

So, I'm appealing to the author to help me regain my sanity over this little visual issue that would probably not bother anyone else with a normal brain structure.

Sorry, my english is quite poor ;) I don't understand what is your bug ;)

When you push Exit Now! with automatic save enable, you will see a count down. Your bug is that after the count down goes to 0, it returns to 5 seconds with no exit and it count down again? If it's this, can you send me your log?

No no no, you're taking it too far. The only thing that bugs me is that before exiting, the count returns to display 5 instead of staying at 0. It still works exactly the way it's expected, it's just that it displays a 5 instead of a 0 while exiting. I know, it's so stupidly simple that it shouldn't bother me. I'm weird that way.

No no no, you're taking it too far. The only thing that bugs me is that before exiting, the count returns to display 5 instead of staying at 0. It still works exactly the way it's expected, it's just that it displays a 5 instead of a 0 while exiting. I know, it's so stupidly simple that it shouldn't bother me. I'm weird that way.

HAHAHA, ok, I will correct this for the next update, thanks to report it ;)

Yeah, I know, it's pretty nutty that I'd be so bugged about that one little textual thing, but as long as it takes KSP to actually go from the exiting process to actually disappearing from view, it just bugs me a ton while I wait. I want to yell at the monitor and say "you stupid program, you're not exiting in 5 seconds, you're exiting now dammit. There's got to be something wrong with my brain to explain it, but until then... thanks. I'll look forward to that. I suspect that it's all nailed down to the value of "i" in the "if" query that performs the "ExitNow()" function. I'm typing from memory here, so I'm probably not getting it exactly right. Anyway, looking forward to it.

Hello, it's time to an update ;)

QuickScroll

Changelog

v1.20 - 2015.03.06

• New: Added a GUI to config the shortcuts,
  • New: Added the support of the Stocktoolbar and the Toolbar mod,
  • Fix: Corrected the PartListTooltips tweak.

Download:

Kerbal Stuff

Kerbal CurseForge

Github

QuickSearch

Changelog

v1.10 - 2015.03.06

• New: Added a subassembly search,
  • Fix: Corrected the search to accept a space.

Download:

Kerbal Stuff

Kerbal CurseForge

Github

QuickExit

Changelog

v1.21 - 2015.03.06

• Fix: Corrected the count down (it won't pass to 5 if it exit) (thanks Gaalidas).

Download:
Kerbal Stuff
Kerbal CurseForge
Github

QuickContracts

Changelog
v0.20 - 2015.03.06

• New: Added a GUI for the config of the shortcuts,
  • Fix: Block the accept shortcut when the facility level is not suffisant,
  • Fix: Increment the Active Contracts count, when you add a contract (thanks 5thHorseman).

Download:

Kerbal Stuff

Kerbal CurseForge

Github

UPDATE - I resolved the exceptions by deleting the folders and re downloading from your Github. I initially downloaded the updates from KerbalStuff and merged the folders with my existing ones. I don't know if the problem was caused by the KerbalStuff download or merging the folders. However it looks like your config files may have changed. If so it would explain why the dll did not auto-generate a new config file if one using the old format still existed.

Malah - Just installed the current version and its throwing the following exception every time the editor loads (VAB or SPH). It looks like the exception, or cause of it, is preventing the Toolbar icons from loading in the Stock Toolbar or Blizzy's toolbar.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ArgumentException: The requested value 'left shift' was not found.
at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.ParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String vectorString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.ReadValue (System.Type fieldType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.ReadObject (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, Int32 pass, Boolean removeAfterUse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at QuickScroll.QSettings.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at QuickScroll.QuickScroll.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

- - - Updated - - -

QuickContracts appears to be throwing a similar exception on scene changes. This was thrown on loading, entering the VAB, and exiting the VAB.

ArgumentException: The requested value 'x' was not found.
at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.ParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String vectorString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.ReadValue (System.Type fieldType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.ReadObject (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, Int32 pass, Boolean removeAfterUse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at QuickContracts.QSettings.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at QuickContracts.QuickContracts.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Edited by Tarheel1999

UPDATE - I resolved the exceptions by deleting the folders and re downloading from your Github. I initially downloaded the updates from KerbalStuff and merged the folders with my existing ones. I don't know if the problem was caused by the KerbalStuff download or merging the folders. However it looks like your config files may have changed. If so it would explain why the dll did not auto-generate a new config file if one using the old format still existed.

Malah - Just installed the current version and its throwing the following exception every time the editor loads (VAB or SPH). It looks like the exception, or cause of it, is preventing the Toolbar icons from loading in the Stock Toolbar or Blizzy's toolbar.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ArgumentException: The requested value 'left shift' was not found.

at QuickScroll.QSettings.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at QuickScroll.QuickScroll.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

- - - Updated - - -

QuickContracts appears to be throwing a similar exception on scene changes. This was thrown on loading, entering the VAB, and exiting the VAB.

ArgumentException: The requested value 'x' was not found.

at QuickContracts.QSettings.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at QuickContracts.QuickContracts.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Yes, I've changed how my shortcuts are saved, for this you need to delete your old Quick's mods (only QuickScroll and QuickContracts are affected now) ;)

Sorry to not have explained it. But for the next updates, it will be recommanded to overwrite the old folder (and not delete as now), for keeping the config file ;)

Installed QuickHide and the stock toolbar disappeared. Fair enough, that's what I was wanting, however I couldn't figure out how to get it back (no in-game configuration, button on blizzy's toolbar didn't do anything). Opened the readme and discovered I could change the settings in the configuration file. I disabled the mousehide option and it brought it back, but not all the buttons returned. Worst of all, however the contracts button brought up the stock contracts window instead of the ContractsWindow+ version (I'd had it replace the stock window because who really needs it?). That was the last straw so I.removed the mod, unfortunately the missing buttons and contract window didn't return.

What's going on? How can I get the rest of my buttons back?

Installed QuickHide and the stock toolbar disappeared. Fair enough, that's what I was wanting, however I couldn't figure out how to get it back (no in-game configuration, button on blizzy's toolbar didn't do anything). Opened the readme and discovered I could change the settings in the configuration file. I disabled the mousehide option and it brought it back, but not all the buttons returned. Worst of all, however the contracts button brought up the stock contracts window instead of the ContractsWindow+ version (I'd had it replace the stock window because who really needs it?). That was the last straw so I.removed the mod, unfortunately the missing buttons and contract window didn't return.

What's going on? How can I get the rest of my buttons back?

For the mousehide, to show the stock toolbar, you need to put your mouse where the stock toolbar will be (ex on the upper right corner on the space center or on the lower right corner on the vab).

The button from the blizzy toolbar hides all mods on the stock toolbar (the first click hide and the second click show).

I haven't used ContractsWindow+ since some time, I will make some test to see if it's an incompatible mod.

QuickHide can't permently deleted something, if you uninstall it, the stock toolbar will be as before his installation ... Are you sure you have properly deleted the QuickHide folder ?

For the next update, I will add a new window to easy tweaks all the features of QuickHide.

EDIT: I've seen no error between ContractsWindow+ and QuickHide ...

Edited by Malah

When you tested ContractsWindow+ did you have it replace the stock contracts window? I also noticed that it did the same thing to the Alternate Resource Panel, which I also had replace the stock resource panel.

I definitely removed the entire QuickHide folder, I'll try putting it back and fiddle with the config options.

When you tested ContractsWindow+ did you have it replace the stock contracts window? I also noticed that it did the same thing to the Alternate Resource Panel, which I also had replace the stock resource panel.

I definitely removed the entire QuickHide folder, I'll try putting it back and fiddle with the config options.

All options of ContractsWindow+ doesn't interact with QuickHide ...

Edit, if you prefer to see it:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Malah

These quick mods are awesome. I wonder Malah if you will make someday a quick scene jumper (from any scene to any scene, from flight to VAB, Tracking station or the Tech tree).

There already is one, kind of. Scene Jumper never got updated to 0.90 and seems to have problems with it, but the code IS Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike licensed so anybody could grab it and make it work. Well, not anybody. I couldn't. But someone who knows what they're doing :D

There already is one, kind of. Scene Jumper never got updated to 0.90 and seems to have problems with it, but the code IS Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike licensed so anybody could grab it and make it work. Well, not anybody. I couldn't. But someone who knows what they're doing :D

Yeah, I'm giving a hint to Malah :) Scene Jumper was awesome while it worked. But it still was very limited.

Yes but I think that the source code which is on the last update of Scene Jumper is not the last update :P (I don't see the functions to revert and to save & quit), but it is really easy to remake them ;)

Yes but I think that the source code which is on the last update of Scene Jumper is not the last update :P (I don't see the functions to revert and to save & quit), but it is really easy to remake them ;)

I will say it'd be appreciated. Especially with Extraplanetary Launchpads where I want to design a ship and then build it.

One awesome button that I asked for way back when that mod was being developed, that I'll also ask for now if you do this, is a "return to the last vessel" button, so I can be at my ELP base, click "VAB" and go there, create a vessel, click "go back" and be at my ELP base again.

All options of ContractsWindow+ doesn't interact with QuickHide ...

Really strange, I'm almost certain that this is a QuickHide conflict as it happened after I.installed QuickHide then removed it. I'll try messing around with it and see what I come up with.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I really hope this hasn't been reported and/or fixed lately, but I was just going through my log today, looking for exceptions relating to a mod I'm revamping, and I caught this in relation to QuickScroll:

[EXC 18:27:37.560] ArgumentException: The requested value 'left shift' was not found.
System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase)
System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value)
ConfigNode.ParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String vectorString)
ConfigNode.ReadValue (System.Type fieldType, System.String value)
ConfigNode.ReadObject (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node)
ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, Int32 pass, Boolean removeAfterUse)
ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node)
QuickScroll.QSettings.Load ()
QuickScroll.QuickScroll.Start ()

...and I thought you might be interested. The entry in the output_log is identical, other than the fact that it's spaced out more.

Hey, I really hope this hasn't been reported and/or fixed lately, but I was just going through my log today, looking for exceptions relating to a mod I'm revamping, and I caught this in relation to QuickScroll:
[EXC 18:27:37.560] ArgumentException: The requested value 'left shift' was not found.
System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase)
System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value)
ConfigNode.ParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String vectorString)
ConfigNode.ReadValue (System.Type fieldType, System.String value)
ConfigNode.ReadObject (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node)
ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, Int32 pass, Boolean removeAfterUse)
ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node)
QuickScroll.QSettings.Load ()
QuickScroll.QuickScroll.Start ()

...and I thought you might be interested. The entry in the output_log is identical, other than the fact that it's spaced out more.

Have you delete your old config when you have updated QuickScroll? I've changed how it stores shortcut, for the next update I will fix this ;) (if you don't know where it is delete the file: GameData/QuickScroll/Config.txt).

Have you delete your old config when you have updated QuickScroll? I've changed how it stores shortcut, for the next update I will fix this ;) (if you don't know where it is delete the file: GameData/QuickScroll/Config.txt).

Huh, I was sure I'd made sure that the configs were all in their correct places last time I updated. oh well, I'll take a look again.