Can't load saves

Last night I was playing KSP (using one of my saved games) when my PC crashed. It's a crash that happens fairly often, something to do with the display output, as I'm having to use a really old and small monitor since my better monitor broke.

Anyway, I'm not sure whether or not the crash is relevant to my problem.

I restarted the PC, loaded KSP, and everything seemed fine. But when I went to click on Resume Saved Game, the text flashed slightly, but nothing else happened. It would not open the window showing my list of saved games.

I restarted the game, but the problem remained. I restarted the computer, then the game, but no joy. I checked my KSP file, and the saves file seemed fine, in the usual place and with the usual list of my saves in it.

So i started a new career save, and exited it, to see if it would then give me the option to resume that game, but no, the problem was still the same.

One option which I guess I could consider is a full reinstall. I can keep my saves files and gamedata file and overwrite them once I've reinstalled. But I've never done this, and am not 100% sure how to. I guess I just delete the whole KSP folder, then I'll be able to download the whole thing again via Steam?

But perhaps someone knows an easier fix to this problem?

The save file for one of my saves had somehow become corrupted. When I removed it, I was once again able to open my list of saved games. Well, all the other saves anyway.

Fortunately, that save only had one active craft. I had spent quite a while working on things in the VAB and SPH, but I was able to start a new save, drop in the files for the ships I had built, and launch that active ship again. So I'm back to where I was without too much trouble :)

No idea what had corrupted that save file, but I didn't lose much, so it worked out well.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.