(WIP) (Big Images!) Genoyian Star System!

uxuser

AIt9w8s.png

(I'm not the best at art. :P)

(IN DEDICATION TO GAVINCOLEX)

"What is this you call, Genoya?"

Genoya is a star that recently went supernova, We used Planet Factory CE, By Kragathea: http://http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65401-WIP-PlanetFactory-CE

and Kittopian Space, By KCreator: http://http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/68619-0-24_2-Plugin-WIP-KittopiaTech-Ingame-Terraforming-Tools-V0-1755?highlight=kcreator

"Pfffft, Sounds boring, How many planets does it have?"

As of now, Two. But eventually we will make seven planets, with tons of moons for these planets! So check on this post daily for updates!

"Fine, But how far away is this system?"

"GENOYA" Is approximately 2457384000000 KM away from Kerbol. Good luck getting there in Career mode, I highly recommend you get a warp drive ship.

"Who are you though?"

"We" Are The "Interstellar Exploration Collective", We make Add-ons for KSP (If you didn't already know...) As of now, in our group we have: Gavincolex, Uxuser, Ezekiel bacon, KCreator, Supernova Pulsar.

"This is dope, the are no pics, dawg."

Calm down, :wink: , Here are some pictures:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

"Alright! Now where is the download!?"

Calm down buddy, Sadly, at the moment there will be no download because this is a WIP Add-on, But check regularly for updates!

Next update will be soon! :cool:

Edited by uxuser
RIP Gavin...

Interesting Capitalization aside...

I like it. It's far enough outside of the vanilla system to not come across as just enough fake-star in orbit around kerbol, though technically it still is. I can't imagine how long it would take something without clear interstellar capabilities to reach this system.

When the download is released I may also provide the Interstellar mod you know the one that adds The Warp drive because your right it would take a very long time to reach Genoya without that sort of mod and even longer to reach its planets oh and if you don't know who I am I am GavincoleX the current owner of the IEC

• 2 weeks later...

We have planned to create a habitable planet, If you guys would like to see if your sugguestions could be part of Genoya's system, go ahead and leave a reply about what you would like to see. :) Currently, the state of the mod is going well, as soon as we fix the stretched texture bug with planet factory, and Gavin get's his new computer, We will post more pictures, and the first download.

Bad news everyone, GavinColex (Our team leader)'s hard drive has been wiped, it had all of his mods, saves, and personal belongings in it, he's become depressed lately, and has said that the fun is over, and we may not see him again. Fortunately, we will still be working on the mod, but it will be dedicated to him, like a memorial, Prey that Gavin will come back one day... ;.;

In the development version, I have tweaked the star to be dim, darker, and release "nebula" particles in a huge area, representing a dead star.

Like so:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80556647/Genoya%20Temp/screenshot69.png

PFCE doesn't work with 0.25.

Also, Kcreator, I still am developing StarSystems and I'd really appreciate it if you'd help me implement new star colors and possibly planet creation in addition to what your mod adds.

• 2 weeks later...

I second the complaints about the grammar and capitalization. I can tell you put effort into the mod, but it's tougher to take it seriously with all the run-on sentences and bizarre capitalization and punctuation patterns.

As for the star, it's indeed an original idea, but real pre-supernova stars tend to be very big - hundreds of times the size of the Sun, let alone Kerbol. I can't quite tell the scale from the images, but I get the impression your star is much too small and close to Kerbol. Unless it's several dozen light-years away, it's basically guaranteed that as soon as that supernova does occur, all life on Kerbin will be destroyed.

I second the complaints about the grammar and capitalization. I can tell you put effort into the mod, but it's tougher to take it seriously with all the run-on sentences and bizarre capitalization and punctuation patterns.

As for the star, it's indeed an original idea, but real pre-supernova stars tend to be very big - hundreds of times the size of the Sun, let alone Kerbol. I can't quite tell the scale from the images, but I get the impression your star is much too small and close to Kerbol. Unless it's several dozen light-years away, it's basically guaranteed that as soon as that supernova does occur, all life on Kerbin will be destroyed.

Thank you. I was going to say that, but this project is really not going to work, nor make sense. These people don't know what Kopernicus is, they're using PFCE, which is broken and no one wants to install, and they lack. SCIENCE.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.