.25 Bugs

Ok, so i just have installed 0.25 and want to write down which bugs show up. Maybe we can make squad to fix some of these :) Obviously, its work in progress. If you know more, write below.

- click-through in VAB still not fixed for some menus: "load" @ load vessel dialog (annoying sound maybe performance hit), and "unable to launch" when trying to launch stock vessel in career mode (vanilla@win32)

- throttle raises itself when physics hit on launchpad

- when trying to eva over 2 biomes, it says there's no more space, need to dump data. after recovery, i got science for both

- contract window (vab/inflight) does not save its state which contracts are minimized

Edited by Tahib

Multiples of various parts, Mk1 pod for example, one available the other "greyed out" claiming I need to make a purchase in the tech tree, multiples show in the "Start" box of the tech tree, all "purchased".

Can't select/deselect categories of objects in map view (self hiding bar at the top-center of screen) preventing showing debris or flags.

KSPx32 Win7 Nomods

.25 WILL NOT accept old settings files, instead it overrides and/or ignores them. I would love to try these new plane parts I've heard about, but I cant do that because my joystick wont work... (I'll need to manually fix all the sensitivities and dead-zones).

Another bug is the duplicated parts in VAB, seems to happen only when using patcher (stream too?). Did not happen when I downloaded fresh copy from the store.

Anyone come across the bug where when flying, every time you hit Spacebar to advance a stage, the crew report window pops up also? I've checked the keyboard inputs, but nothing to suggest this. I've since remapped to another key, but am interested if anyone else had this.

KSP(x32) vanilla Win7

- click-through in VAB still not fixed for some menus: "load" @ load vessel dialog (annoying sound maybe performance hit), and "unable to launch" when trying to launch stock vessel in career mode (vanilla@win32)

Romfarer found it was harder to solve than anticipated, so it's not completely fixed yet.

To where? If it's halfway, that's been the intended behavior since 0.24.

Multiples of various parts, Mk1 pod for example, one available the other "greyed out" claiming I need to make a purchase in the tech tree, multiples show in the "Start" box of the tech tree, all "purchased".

Sounds like you have both the old and new spaceplane parts installed. You could delete them by hand, or delete your Squad folder from GameData and then use Steam to verify the files.

Anyone come across the bug where when flying, every time you hit Spacebar to advance a stage, the crew report window pops up also?

Did you accidentally add Crew Report to the Stage action group?

To where? If it's halfway, that's been the intended behavior since 0.24.

It is, but i don't think its intended just because it's in for some time.

Edited by Tahib

Ok, as it turns out editing literally anything in the settings file makes the game override it upon startup. Any workaround? I need to have my joystick working.

I manually changed the max delta time, but when I opened the game it said that it reverted back to 0.12s. I went back to check on the file and the value I had entered was still there. However, in your case it overwrote the files so it might not be the same bug.

I manually changed the max delta time, but when I opened the game it said that it reverted back to 0.12s. I went back to check on the file and the value I had entered was still there. However, in your case it overwrote the files so it might not be the same bug.

Quick question: The settings file is still in the same place right? In the main folder with KSP.exe and not some sub-folder?

Also, is there anyway I can tell windows to security lock the file or something so nothing can change it ever again?:D

Also I made a thread about it HERE.

Multiple parts was caused by using the patcher.

It left old "part.cfg" files in every part folder. Seems all the parts now have "part name". Cfg.

The cure was to delete all the old " part.cfg" files.

Make backups!! Before attempting this fix! YMMV

Ok, so i just have installed 0.25 and want to write down which bugs show up. Maybe we can make squad to fix some of these :) Obviously, its work in progress. If you know more, write below.

Good idea. :D Expect that I will eventually roll up all the 0.25 bugs and workarounds/fixes into a new thread as has been done with 0.23.5 and 0.24.X.

Hmm. I thought the load/cancel buttons were clickable without wrecking the underlying craft. Is that what you are trying to do or is it something else?

This is definitely intended behavior.

- when trying to eva over 2 biomes, it says there's no more space, need to dump data. after recovery, i got science for both

More details and/or pictures on this would be nice.

Multiple parts was caused by using the patcher.

It left old "part.cfg" files in every part folder. Seems all the parts now have "part name". Cfg.

The cure was to delete all the old " part.cfg" files.

Make backups!! Before attempting this fix! YMMV

Yes indeed. The files have been renamed, but they should still work in your in-game craft (with the exception of all the SP+ changes and the small SAS unit.)

The H landing pad on top of the new building is flickering due to clipping.

This one is known, but thanks for the report. :)

WTF I dont even...

http://i.imgur.com/3xRgV63.png

Was in Mun orbit, and reveted to launchpad. as it loaded I got reenty effects, and it loaded at this odd angle, and began to fall apart.

This sub-forum is for unmodded installs, which yours clearly isn't. I suggest you post in the modded section and follow the instructions in the sticky thread about what to include in your post.

​when trying to eva/dump data: just tried to redo this, seems i tried to keep more than one crew report

Hmm. I thought the load/cancel buttons were clickable without wrecking the underlying craft. Is that what you are trying to do or is it something else?

Cancel button is ok, Load not. Not much of a problem here, since a new craft will get loaded immeditaly, i'm just expecting performance hits when doing this on very complex crafts.

Got a new one: contract window in-flight does not save its state of maximized/minimized contracts. Gets very annoying if cluttered with lots of contracts, and i'm trying to do just 2 of them. It's possible to close some of them, but they dont stay closed. Each time i go back to Launchpad, they are all open again. I needed to go back often and change something, to reach the desired speed at that altitude. Closing them in VAB doesn't help either. http://i.imgur.com/U3nEC8b.png

Edited by Tahib

The following problem is solved! Problem was a mod (H.O.M.E.)

Steam updated my KSP to 0.25, when i try to play it loads to 100% and crashes.

There are two tasks open, one named kerbal space program, the other named Oops! and a window asking for tracking my stats

I´m running 32 bit WinXP duo core

this is a part of the error dump:

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.5.2f1_9abb1b59b47c]

KSP.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module KSP.exe at 001b:007960c8.

Error occurred at 2014-10-08_230948.

X:\Auslagerung Programme\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by Hundl.

75% memory in use.

3583 MB physical memory [890 MB free].

0 MB paging file [2742 MB free].

2048 MB user address space [61 MB free].

Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Context:

EDI: 0x00000000 ESI: 0x00000000 EAX: 0x00000000

EBX: 0x00000000 ECX: 0x00000000 EDX: 0x006f6e6f

EIP: 0x007960c8 EBP: 0x089bfe80 SegCs: 0x0000001b

EFlags: 0x00010206 ESP: 0x089bfe00 SegSs: 0x00000023

Bytes at CS:EIP:

89 14 81 8b 55 c4 01 55 dc 40 ff 4d d4 89 45 d0

Hope it is a common bug and i get a hotfix.

And i do hope this will not be the next game which updates to a non executable like take on mars did for me :(

Edited by Hundl

Strange bug: when I research technologies, I do not have to purchase any of the parts in the research tree. I thought you did - it seems to auto-buy them all without paying any money.

Playing an unmodded game, original save from .24 (virtually new game tho).

Can't be sure without a complete output_log.txt but this line:

2048 MB user address space [61 MB free].

...means it is most likely running out address space. On 32 bit windows, KSP is only able to use a total of 2GB of address space (including the sizes of the exe and all the non-OS dlls).

One thing you could try is to edit the settings.cfg file (assuming the program has run far enough to generate a default one) and change the TEXTURE_QUALITY = 0 line to say TEXTURE_QUALITY = 1. This should considerably reduce the memory requirements.

Alternatively, you could try running with the option to force either opengl or dx11 mode as both of these use considerably less memory than the default mode.

Sometimes, switching to map view, I can't see my own vessel on the orbit track. I can see the orbit track but the vessel marker is missing. The only way I can fix it is to go back to the space center and go to tracking, and then "fly" the vessel again, and it gets fixed.

Has anyone experienced this bug?

Running a totally fresh install of KSP 0.25 on a new laptop, so no mod or previous version interference here.

Can't be sure without a complete output_log.txt but this line:

...means it is most likely running out address space. On 32 bit windows, KSP is only able to use a total of 2GB of address space (including the sizes of the exe and all the non-OS dlls).

One thing you could try is to edit the settings.cfg file (assuming the program has run far enough to generate a default one) and change the TEXTURE_QUALITY = 0 line to say TEXTURE_QUALITY = 1. This should considerably reduce the memory requirements.

Alternatively, you could try running with the option to force either opengl or dx11 mode as both of these use considerably less memory than the default mode.

Thank you for the fast reply!

The game has been running fine for 400 hrs - until now ^^

I try to edit the settings.cfg, including "TEXTURE_QUALITY = 0", no sucess so far.

Could you tell me the syntax for this options? it goes after the "/", yes? :)

Or where to find them?

Thanks a lot :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.