Very slow game loading after update.

Hello, i just updated KSP on Steam. Now when i launch the game, i starts to load, but it's very slow, and i mean VERY slow. Think 1 item (i.e. squad/sounds/somethin-somethin) per 3 to 4 seconds. Anyone else had anything similar?

Edited by gloowa
Solved

Ok, i found a solution workaround.

There seems to be some interference between virtual network cards and unity. If you use software that uses virtual network cards (vmware, hamachi, cisco vpn, etc), try disabling that card in connection manager. For me it worked - everything went back to normal.

• 1 month later...

I have Hamachi and a tonne of mods for ksp but these have never caused me to have such a long loading time. It only started today. I haven't downloaded anything new for the past few weeks, and after this problem began, I have been deleting mods, craft files, all kinds of things, but none of it has made a difference.

It's a unity problem. I couldn't tell you why it wasn't causing problems before but is now, but you'll have to disable Hamachi. You could delete all of your mods (or do a fresh KSP install) and it will likely till cause the same problems.

~Claw

It's a unity problem. I couldn't tell you why it wasn't causing problems before but is now, but you'll have to disable Hamachi. You could delete all of your mods (or do a fresh KSP install) and it will likely till cause the same problems.

~Claw

i dont have hamachi and it still takes around 30 minutes to load, any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I've jsut signed up to the forum after reading this threat jsut so I can post how much help it was. 

I had hamachi installed but today I disabled it (or so I'd thought)  I had forgotten that it puts virtual hardware on the system which I'd not disabled, as soon as i clicked disable in hardware manager KSP started up instantly, literally as i'd been looking for a solution while waiting for it to load.

Thank you very much for the help.

• 3 months later...

If anyone runs into this after 1.1.2 patch, I got held up by this slow loading issue as well, doesn't seem to have been fixed or patched entirely.

Can confirm disabling virtual ethernet worked for me.

I had one installed due to using virtualbox, and disabling it fixed my issues.

Edited by n4rf

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I just updated KSP to 1.2 form the website, and after opening it the loading bar just shows: Unpack assets or something like that, and it was doing it for 30 minutes straight before I gave up and came here for advice

1 hour ago, tosha said:

I just updated KSP to 1.2 form the website, and after opening it the loading bar just shows: Unpack assets or something like that, and it was doing it for 30 minutes straight before I gave up and came here for advice

This is not the same as the OP thread, you may get more traction opening your own thread.

Do you have mods? Most likely one of them doesn't like 1.2. I'd install the newest version of all of them and if that doesn't fix it, remove the ones you didn't update.

No mods? Back up your save games and reinstall from scratch through Steam.

6 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

This is not the same as the OP thread, you may get more traction opening your own thread.

Do you have mods? Most likely one of them doesn't like 1.2. I'd install the newest version of all of them and if that doesn't fix it, remove the ones you didn't update.

No mods? Back up your save games and reinstall from scratch through Steam.

He said from the website so I'd assume that @tosha meant the KSP store. Could be wrong. Anyway that does warrant its own thread although I'd recommend providing a bit more info first. eg: what OS are you running? And a log file. Your problem sounds similar to the Mac Sierra problem, but if you are not on a Mac it may be any number of things.

Just now, JPLRepo said:

He said from the website so I'd assume that @tosha meant the KSP store. Could be wrong. Anyway that does warrant its own thread although I'd recommend providing a bit more info first. eg: what OS are you running? And a log file. Your problem sounds similar to the Mac Sierra problem, but if you are not on a Mac it may be any number of things.

I am running it on a mac. I started my own thread. I'll check the OS number tomorrow, provided that the game hasn't loaded by then. (Doing this on my laptop)

1 minute ago, tosha said:

I am running it on a mac. I started my own thread. I'll check the OS number tomorrow, provided that the game hasn't loaded by then. (Doing this on my laptop)

See the post I just did on your thread. Easy work around link added there

• 7 months later...
On 1/22/2016 at 7:56 PM, Cornholio said:

I was having the same issue.  From suggestions in this thread I figured out that the problem was I was USB tethering through my phone. The second I unplugged my phone it sped up. 

I have tethering, and this started happening to me, however, you just need to disable unused network adapters. I left the tethering adapter enabled, and disabled my built-in LAN adapter and some kind of NDIS internet sharing adapter, and the game immediately sped up, without even restarting the game.

This is happening to me now after the new loading screens arrived. Began on Monday 24th July. Very slow loading of stock version which has never had mods, over 10 mins and counting in x64 version in Win7. I verified the game files in steam and that did find and redownload one file but it hasnt helped.

I only have one network adapter and it is hardware "Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller".

This makes the game virtually unplayable.

EDIT update, I was just now able to get it to load normally by restarting Windows and starting only Steam and then KSP. But it has done this before and then the slow loading returns.

Edited by boolybooly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.