KSP wont load to start

Also, I think a common problem that's going around right now is being caused right when 32-bit Win KSP tries to load the main menu. If that's when your game is crashing, try the following:

Edit your settings.cfg file and look for the line that says TEXTURE_QUALITY. Change it to TEXTURE_QUALITY = 1 (or even try 2 or 3). Restart KSP and see if that fixes it.

Hopefully that does the trick.

Cheers,

~Claw

I've been having a very similar issue, if not the same. [since .25] I load the game and the loading screen pops up just fine, it's when I finish loading that the game freezes, it never reaches the start screen. Unfortunately when the game stops working it does not log a crash report so I don't know if I am able to provide any useful information. I went into my settings.cfg file and edited the TEXTURE_QUALITY line as Claw has been suggesting on multiple threads but no matter what number I put in there the result is the same- the game crashes. I'm running a Windows Vista 32bit machine with 3 gigs of ram; I wonder if the issue could be related to any of the system specs.

Anyway, to all of you devs out there, I know every time there's a big update there are always a handful of bugs that follow them. Thank you for your guys's hard work and all your help!

-Zod

I've got the exact same problem, and aswell as D_Zod, the advice from claw doesn't help me. I think, because this problem has (to me) only occured in .25, that the next version of ksp would work normally (or just a bugfix).

Try a higher number for the texture quality (like 3). Also, you can try to reduce the resolution and set it to window mode to get it started. These things can help reduce the memory load.

In the settings.cfg, look for the RESOLUTION lines and the FULLSCREEN line. Put in a smaller resolution and set full screen to false.

See if that helps, then you can tweak things around after that. Window mode seems to work better for me, and that was the case for another user suffering the same problem.

Cheers,

-Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.