Cannot recover rockets or exit game after flight

I know x64 is unstable, but come on! I launched a rocket and suddenly half the buttons don't work! I splashed down and the game wouldn't let me recover the rocket or go to the Space center, the only way to get out of the flight was to revert to VAB. Then, once I was able to get to the space center, I couldn't quit the game, I had to close it in task manager because the exit to main menu button didn't work.

When I say didn't work, I mean that the button played it's little click animation, then nothing happened.

I'm not sure if it's got anything to do with mods, I've found at least one other thread that has this issue, we've got a few mods in common:

*snipped from Warringer's list*

Fine Print

Real Chutes

Module Manager

Toolbar

US Core

I'm not sure why any of those would cause this issue though. I'm probably going to roll back to .24.2 until this blows over.

FWIW I've seen this too, on GNU/Linux x86_64.

I'm going to wait a bit before attempting to reproduce it though, as half the mods I'd like to play with haven't been updated for 0.25 yet.

Steve, do you have any of the mods listed above?

I'm trying a fresh install of .25 so I can figure this out.

Edit: Just ran an unmodded flight without issue, so I'd bet it is one of these mods that is the problem.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

Steve, do you have any of the mods listed above?

I'm trying a fresh install of .25 so I can figure this out.

Edit: Just ran an unmodded flight without issue, so I'd bet it is one of these mods that is the problem.

All of the above :)

ok, I don't know if any of the other mods are causing similar issues, but I can confirm DebRefund is the source of this one. I tried a clean install, an install with only MM and an install with MM and debRefund, only the debrefund version failed. Fortunately, it looks like StageRecovery has been updated, and should work fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.