Aurora 4x, possible inspiration for late-game campaign mode?

Millitron

In case you haven\'t heard of it, Aurora 4x is an indie game which is basically Europa Universalis meets Master of Orion, or what Spore\'s space stage should\'ve been. You start with a single planet and work your way up to having a galactic empire (or until hostile aliens blow you up). It has amazingly in-depth ship construction, with the player manually specifying designs for the different classes of ships, with incredibly flexible and complex possibilities. You build your space fleets, and work on interstellar colonization, managing everything from galactic politics to terra-forming. I\'m no good at the game, as it\'s wicked hard, but I definitely see good things in its future.

Here\'s the wiki if you want to read more about it: http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

What do you guys think? Would this be a good way to go? Maybe we could even get a converter like for going between Europa Universalis saves to Victoria scenarios, so your final save in KSP could be your starting point in Aurora?

Even if it wouldn\'t be good for KSP, what do you guys think of the game?

Tell this to the RP community. As an ambassador, Ascensiam and the other RP\'ers are having a HUGE problem getting a proper politics/economical system formally set up that works for everyone. If we could get a 'simulator' to deal with, say wars in game, that\'d be fantastic.

My fighters would have targets 8)

EDIT: Just looked at the page. Holy boosters, that is almost (i think) EXACTLY what we need, except modded to a planetary rather than intergalactic scale.