KScale64 v1.2.2 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

On December 11, 2015 at 12:01:03 PM, MrMeeb said:

SMURFF??? ROMINI???

Google is friendly... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/117992-10x-smurff-simple-mass-adjustments-for-real-ish-fuel-mass-fractions-113-2015-dec-07/

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealismOverhaul/blob/master/ROMini.cfg

ok?

Edit: doh, sniped! More wittily at that!

lol@nathen as well!

Edited by komodo
Snippppppeeeeeddddddd.......

23 hours ago, Dermeister said:

I'm going to try out smurf.. just picked that one because the posters post seemed more user friendly and easy to install... I don't like to mess arrround I just want things to work. But if any of you find the other mod works better let me know!

The ro-mini.cfg is simple to install as well.

If you have modulemanager, almost certainly you already do if you have a mod at all already; from the linked page, there is a "raw" button near the top: just download the file, make sure it ends in .cfg, and place it in your GameData folder somewhere. The end!

I keep a "Tweaks" folder for standalone mm configs. It ought to apply and go from there.

I wouldn't try to run both at once... The results would be... Unpredictable at best. "RELEASE ZEE KRAKEN!" At worst. Hmm. That sounds like fun... :D

Edited by komodo

On 12/11/2015, 7:23:11, ModZero said:

Santa Monica Urban Runoff Recycling Facility and some Romanian woman.

(The links lead to the actual Kerbal things).

1 hour ago, komodo said:

@komodo I googled SMURFF and I couldn't find anything :blush:

1 hour ago, komodo said:

The ro-mini.cfg is simple to install as well.

If you have modulemanager, almost certainly you already do if you have a mod at all already; from the linked page, there is a "raw" button near the top: just download the file, make sure it ends in .cfg, and place it in your GameData folder somewhere. The end!

I keep a "Tweaks" folder for standalone mm configs. It ought to apply and go from there.

I wouldn't try to run both at once... The results would be... Unpredictable at best. "RELEASE ZEE KRAKEN!" At worst. Hmm. That sounds like fun... :D

No I don't use mod manager I do it oldschool.I don't use that many mods.But SMURF worked fine.

Edited by Dermeister

12 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

the smallest heat shield just cannot handle reentry on 64K. It just overheats and explodes. Anything that can be done about this?

The stock settings are optimized for re-entry on Kerbin, so it's unsurprising that a larger planet has issues.  Maybe try RealHeat.

57 minutes ago, blowfish said:

The stock settings are optimized for re-entry on Kerbin, so it's unsurprising that a larger planet has issues.  Maybe try RealHeat.

Ah thanks it works!

Also, for OP, everywhere just seems to be a bit flat now, like Minmus and other small worlds, and grasslands on Kerbin are almost perfectly flat. Any fixes to spice it up a little, get the stock bumpiness back?

On 12/12/2015, 23:02:48, TaintedLion said:

the smallest heat shield just cannot handle reentry on 64K. It just overheats and explodes. Anything that can be done about this?

I've put in a pull request for an update that fixes this issue, but it's waiting for a commit. In the meantime you can change the contents of the HeatTweak.cfg file in 64k/Compatibility/ to the following:

@PHYSICSGLOBALS:FOR[64K]
{
	// AeroFX
	@aeroFXScalar = 0.003
	@aeroFXDensityExponent = 0.5
	@aeroFXStartThermalFX = 2.5
	@aeroFXFullThermalFX = 3.5
	@aeroFXExponent = 3.5

// CONSTANTS
	@spaceTemperature = 4
	@solarLuminosityAtHome = 1360
	@solarInsolationAtHome = 0.15
	@standardSpecificHeatCapacity = 800
	@internalHeatProductionFactor = 0.025
	@aerodynamicHeatProductionFactor = 1.0

// CONVECTION
	// Convection areas
	@fullConvectionAreaMin = -0.1
	@fullToCrossSectionLerpStart = 0.8
	@fullToCrossSectionLerpEnd = 1.5

// Newtonian-To-Hypersonic transition
	@machConvectionStart = 2
	@machConvectionEnd = 4.0
	@machConvectionExponent = 3
	@convectionFactorSplashed = 5000

// Turbulent convection (total guesses)
	@turbulentConvectionStart = 100
	@turbulentConvectionEnd = 400
	@turbulentConvectionMult = 25

// Newtonian Convection
	@newtonianConvectionFactorBase = 4.0
	@newtonianConvectionFactorTotal = 1.0
	@newtonianDensityExponent = 0.5
	@newtonianVelocityExponent = 1.0

// Hypersonic Convection
	@convectionDensityExponent = 0.5
	@convectionVelocityExponent = 3.0
	@convectionFactor = 1.1
	@machTemperatureScalar = 1
	@machTemperatureVelocityExponent = 1

// CONDUCTION
	@conductionFactor = 5
	@skinSkinConductionFactor = 0.06
	@skinInteralConductionFactor = 0.25
	@shieldedConductionFactor = 0.01

// RADIATION
	@partEmissivityExponent = 4
	@radiationFactor = 1
}

On 2015-12-12, 7:14:41, TaintedLion said:

Ah thanks it works!

Also, for OP, everywhere just seems to be a bit flat now, like Minmus and other small worlds, and grasslands on Kerbin are almost perfectly flat. Any fixes to spice it up a little, get the stock bumpiness back?

Back on page 26 I posted a link to a dropbox file containing .cfg and .bin files that do just that. But you have to have kittopia tech installed, and go read the warnings, make a back up etc. or do not blame me for the consequences. :D

On ‎2015‎-‎12‎-‎19 at 11:57 AM, Dermeister said:

Are the textures for kerbin supost to look all smudgy? Perhaps I installed something wrong ?

Are you asking about the textures from my dropbox file or the originals that come in the 64k package? It's been a while since I put it mine together but IIRC Kittopia offered various resolutions for the scaled space files. Higher res files give clearer image but eat lots of ram, lower res files use less memory but are blurrier, for planet and part textures. Are you running ATM, that shrinks texture files from what I recall so that might be the problem. To me Kerbin is a little blurry in low orbit, but I use atmosphere and cloud mods so those are part of it. Munmus and Mun are clean for me.

On 12/19/2015 at 4:57 PM, Dermeister said:

Are the textures for kerbin supost to look all smudgy? Perhaps I installed something wrong ?

I found it to be like that, but I replaced the texture with an 8K texture of Kerbin, and I also deleted the normalmap. It now looks much better in my experience :) 

1 hour ago, EatVacuum said:

Are you asking about the textures from my dropbox file or the originals that come in the 64k package? It's been a while since I put it mine together but IIRC Kittopia offered various resolutions for the scaled space files. Higher res files give clearer image but eat lots of ram, lower res files use less memory but are blurrier, for planet and part textures. Are you running ATM, that shrinks texture files from what I recall so that might be the problem. To me Kerbin is a little blurry in low orbit, but I use atmosphere and cloud mods so those are part of it. Munmus and Mun are clean for me.

I'm just using the ones that came with it.. I din't know we were supost to install textures. I'm not worried about ram so much since I don't use that many mods.

1 hour ago, Dermeister said:

I'm just using the ones that came with it.. I din't know we were supost to install textures. I'm not worried about ram so much since I don't use that many mods.

You don't normally need to install textures, the ones with 64k are fine.

Like some other users, I found the 64k planets very flat and boring as they seemed to have the same vertical heights as stock Kerbin while their horizontal dimensions are stretched by 6.4 times, resulting in a lot of visual flattening. I used Kittopia to produce new configs for Kerbin, Mun and Minmus that put more variety in the terrain without changing the overall heights of the mountains unrealistically, made hills and plains a bit more lumpy and restored some depth to the Munar craters and height to the Minmus highlands. But doing that results in a visible change when you get closer to the bodies unless you also generate new matching textures, so I created new ones in my download, hence my question.

I haven't visited anything outside of Kerbin's SoI since 0.90 (they keep upping the version just before I get there :D), but I imagine all the other planets and moons would experience the same flattening effect. I may get around to making new configs for them later, but it might have to wait until we have 1.1 and the raised memory limit before there will be enough available RAM for more files.

Has anyone else noticed that most of the anomalies are missing in 64k? And if so, has anyone got a config that restores them?

In my 64k campaign I added the anomaly surveyor contact pack and am not finding monoliths or the crashed vessel at most of the sites when I get the contracts. The monolith near KSC seemed to be missing, but then the contract waypoint was a ways off shore. The pyramids were there, but mostly buried, and there was no sign of the crashed vessel up in the arctic. I just got the contract to visit the Munar monoliths and I'd like to make sure they are actually there before dispatching multiple missions.

I did "fix" the terrain flatness as mentioned in previous posts, so I might have screwed them up myself (and for anyone who picked up my configs) in the process. So I thought I would ask around before delving back into Kittopia/Kopernicus again to see if I can get them back.

Edited by EatVacuum

>>> Has anyone else noticed that most of the anomalies are missing in 64k? And if so, has anyone got a config that restores them?

Many of the anomalies have been missing from stock for a long while (the duna face).  I don't think squad has revisited them in a year or more.  That said, even the ones still visible in stock are not ever going to be visible in 64 as I believe their locations are hardcoded, which is part of why they are missing in stock.  Unless squad revamps how they are defined they shall remain missing on any alternatively-sized system.

10 hours ago, EatVacuum said:

Has anyone else noticed that most of the anomalies are missing in 64k? And if so, has anyone got a config that restores them?

In my 64k campaign I added the anomaly surveyor contact pack and am not finding monoliths or the crashed vessel at most of the sites when I get the contracts. The monolith near KSC seemed to be missing, but then the contract waypoint was a ways off shore. The pyramids were there, but mostly buried, and there was no sign of the crashed vessel up in the arctic. I just got the contract to visit the Munar monoliths and I'd like to make sure they are actually there before dispatching multiple missions.

I did "fix" the terrain flatness as mentioned in previous posts, so I might have screwed them up myself (and for anyone who picked up my configs) in the process. So I thought I would ask around before delving back into Kittopia/Kopernicus again to see if I can get them back.

Can I see those configs? I can't seem to find them, and I don't want to go diving through this thread... even though I will.

EDIT: Never mind, I found them. However, I must ask, will they work for every planet? And will they work for OPM planet pack? I ask this because I really want to play with 64k, but I don't want to experience flat boring nature of the game. 

So I tried your configs out, and they seem to work decently. I mean, the only problem I have really is that the KSC is on the island runway, clipped into the actual runway. How can I fix this problem as seen here:

YhRziym.png

Also, you say that you are playing a career save. How do you upgrade your buildings without them bugging out like they do in the 64 bit workaround (level 3 buildings on start)

Also, I'm not sure if you know how to fix this. But OPM's Sarnus' and Urlum's rings are spawning inside of them. It seems like they didn't scale up. 

fE7n5gf.jpg

Another issue I've been having with 64k is that the ocean's hate me. I get this really ugly flickering that is really distracting. Now I do have scatterer installed, but after uninstalling it, I still have the problem. How can I too fix this problem?

6972tfv.png

I can't wait to see if you make anymore configs for other planets, and I really hope you do the other ones like OPM and whatnot too. And if anyone could help me with the above problems, I might have to give 64k a long monthly (maybe yearly) try. 

Edited by Mr Betelgeuse

11 hours ago, Mr Betelgeuse said:

Can I see those configs? I can't seem to find them, and I don't want to go diving through this thread... even though I will.

EDIT: Never mind, I found them. However, I must ask, will they work for every planet? And will they work for OPM planet pack? I ask this because I really want to play with 64k, but I don't want to experience flat boring nature of the game. 

So I tried your configs out, and they seem to work decently. I mean, the only problem I have really is that the KSC is on the island runway, clipped into the actual runway. How can I fix this problem as seen here:

Also, you say that you are playing a career save. How do you upgrade your buildings without them bugging out like they do in the 64 bit workaround (level 3 buildings on start)

Also, I'm not sure if you know how to fix this. But OPM's Sarnus' and Urlum's rings are spawning inside of them. It seems like they didn't scale up. 

Another issue I've been having with 64k is that the ocean's hate me. I get this really ugly flickering that is really distracting. Now I do have scatterer installed, but after uninstalling it, I still have the problem. How can I too fix this problem?

I can't wait to see if you make anymore configs for other planets, and I really hope you do the other ones like OPM and whatnot too. And if anyone could help me with the above problems, I might have to give 64k a long monthly (maybe yearly) try. 

Just to clarify - I did not write those configs, I just generated them by using Kittopia to make the terrain more interesting, so I am a dabbler, not an expert in all of the various PQS utilities/tools etc. that are used to make the terrain.

I only generated new configs for Kerbin, Mun and Minmus, so any weirdness on other stock planets is not from my changes. I don't even play with OPM so I can't help much there either. I have been considering OPM though and I have this recollection that someone playing with RSS had the same problem with the rings and there was a fix provided. I don't recall if it was in the OPM or RSS threads but if your Google-foo is strong you might be able to find it. 

I certainly have not experienced any of the problems you are describing. I wasn't aware there was a problem with the building upgrades, but if its because your playing with 64 bit then you are on your own, Practically every mod dev has a big "I do not support 64 bit" in their first post because it is so glitch.

For me KSC is on the mainland and the island airport is out on the island where they should be. But for interest I redownloaded my dropbox file onto my mini-laptop and looked through it. Each site (KSC, Island Airport, KSC2, monoliths etc.) has a "PQSCity" module and a "PQSMod_ MapDecalTangent module. As I understand it PQSCity overrides the stock settings for each site, i.e. defines the sites coordinates and height above the surface etc. PQSMod_MapDecalTangent is used to override the terrain - raise it, make it level so that the structures will be sited properly on the ground.

Unfortunately the coordinates are not stored as degrees of longitude and latitude, but as radial coordinates (or maybe offsets fromfrom their stock position? If anyone knows, I'd be interested to find out) and I'm not sure how to translate them. For KSC they are;

repositionRadial = (1009355.0, -8801.9, -3704960.0)     

and for the Island airport;

repositionRadial = (186194.6, -16135.7, -570176.8)

Open your Kerbin.cfg file and see what coordinates  you have for each site. If they are different than the above, re-download and replace the Kerbin.cfg file in your install. Hopefully that will fix the positioning problem, if not then it might be more 64 bit caused weirdness.

10 hours ago, EatVacuum said:

Just to clarify - I did not write those configs, I just generated them by using Kittopia to make the terrain more interesting, so I am a dabbler, not an expert in all of the various PQS utilities/tools etc. that are used to make the terrain.

I only generated new configs for Kerbin, Mun and Minmus, so any weirdness on other stock planets is not from my changes. I don't even play with OPM so I can't help much there either. I have been considering OPM though and I have this recollection that someone playing with RSS had the same problem with the rings and there was a fix provided. I don't recall if it was in the OPM or RSS threads but if your Google-foo is strong you might be able to find it. 

I certainly have not experienced any of the problems you are describing. I wasn't aware there was a problem with the building upgrades, but if its because your playing with 64 bit then you are on your own, Practically every mod dev has a big "I do not support 64 bit" in their first post because it is so glitch.

For me KSC is on the mainland and the island airport is out on the island where they should be. But for interest I redownloaded my dropbox file onto my mini-laptop and looked through it. Each site (KSC, Island Airport, KSC2, monoliths etc.) has a "PQSCity" module and a "PQSMod_ MapDecalTangent module. As I understand it PQSCity overrides the stock settings for each site, i.e. defines the sites coordinates and height above the surface etc. PQSMod_MapDecalTangent is used to override the terrain - raise it, make it level so that the structures will be sited properly on the ground.

Unfortunately the coordinates are not stored as degrees of longitude and latitude, but as radial coordinates (or maybe offsets fromfrom their stock position? If anyone knows, I'd be interested to find out) and I'm not sure how to translate them. For KSC they are;

Open your Kerbin.cfg file and see what coordinates  you have for each site. If they are different than the above, re-download and replace the Kerbin.cfg file in your install. Hopefully that will fix the positioning problem, if not then it might be more 64 bit caused weirdness.

Thanks for the help! I really want to make some configs for the surfaces of the rest of surfaces because they really make 64k a lot nicer and in my opinion better. However, how much trouble was it to create the surfaces for Kerbin, the Mun, and Minmus? Did it take a long time to make? Any advice for me making the rest of them?

20 hours ago, EatVacuum said:

Those are Cartesian coordinates from the center of the planet.  If you look at the magnitudes, they're about the radius of the planet (600 km * 6.4 = 3840 km)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.