[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

I have 1 bug and a suggestion.

First of all in the K cockpit I get the hexadecimal color code next to the text on most of the sliders:

NQfq6jY.png

Second it would be nice to be able to turn off alarms as the tumble alarm goes off when I am driving my space plane along  the ground and it is really really annoying in the cockpit view.

Third it would be awesome to have a H form cockpit.  As it is I use a 4m nose and an H drone core but it would be great if there was a proper cockpit

Edited by captinjoehenry

1 hour ago, captinjoehenry said:

First of all in the K cockpit I get the hexadecimal color code next to the text on most of the sliders:

This is not OPT bug,it's either RasterPropMonitor or ASET.

1 minute ago, captinjoehenry said:

Ah ok.  Any suggestions for fixing it?  Am I missing a file?

Try uninstalling ASET props and see if that helps.Other wise you have to wait for cockpits to be redone.

@K.Yeon while we are dreaming of new things to make you model in future version of your mod, let me put in a request for an H to Mk 2 Coupler with air intakes and an H Fuselage Tricoupler with three 1.25m mounts.  Two engines aren't enough to get to orbit and mounting a third is inelegant, as below

Been playing around with the H fuselage and made a pretty neat TSTO. I totally agree about any size adapters for the H fuselage but I totally get that they're meant to attach to other things.

2 hours ago, LukeTheYeti said:

Also I may have found an actual bug, I cannot re-enter the J Inline Boarding Ramp. No option to grab or board.so my kerbs are stuck outside :(

Jump and spam B

On 5/19/2017 at 0:18 PM, stali79 said:

Jump and spam B

Tried this with the boarding ramp retracted so I wouldn't fall away, was not able to trigger it. When I exited the airlock I saw the option for a half second before I fell down the ramp, which makes me think the object to trigger it is behind the mesh of the wall/floor and too far away to properly interact with. 

Edit: Found where the collider is while in space, may still be hard to hit while in gravity but now I know where it is :wink:

Edited by LukeTheYeti

@K.YeonI have a bug report for the K series body parts.  All of the K series body parts do not seem to block the airflow.  As in each k part in a stack generates drag as well as lift.  Also parts clipped into K body parts do not get shielded from the airflow and generate drag.  The K cargo compartment though does shield parts inside of it. 

Edited by captinjoehenry

On 07/05/2017 at 4:32 PM, Vanguard-Warden said:

I love the H part, i made a small shuttle/cargo transport with it. I love the design, thank you K.Yeon for your work :D

Reveal hidden contents

EY52TF2.pngYBPQAGl.pngrybmrMn.png

I still have to find where i should put a docking port, but now my kerbal can travel between, base in style 

Hi, could I have your Craft file for this awesome shuttle design. All my try to recreate your ship where failure

hi @K.Yeon 

Would it be possible to expand the H part a bit? They are really lovely, but I feel that a centered engine mount is necessary when used on its own. One with two engines on each side plus a docking port/hatch hybrid in the center would be wonderful. Bay would also be a nice addition, preferably short as other body already cover larger capacity.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, ss8913 said:

@K.Yeon now that FAR is officially released, will there be an updated MM patch to address the OPT-FAR aero compatibility issues (especially the wings) ?

I did some test flights with the new FAR installed and I have had no major issues, well none beyond my my planes not performing reentry as fast as I am used to.

3 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

All parts is in all the tabs 

Make sure to read the red text in the OP, download the fixes, and install Community Category Kit to have OPT's parts show up under one tab.

4 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Help me please 

All parts is in all the tabs 

So you ask for help without actually stating what the problem is. You provide no modlist or logs. Please check the link in my signature and then try again.

17 hours ago, stali79 said:

I did some test flights with the new FAR installed and I have had no major issues, well none beyond my my planes not performing reentry as fast as I am used to.

it's been a long-standing issue that OPT wings produce no lift with FAR.  Has this been addressed in OPT already?  I remember K.Yeon saying he would address it when FAR went official.. I didn't actually test it though, in light of that previous conversation that I had with him on the topic.

Better bug report for no aero shielding with K parts:

With a stock install with only OPT I made a simple K style space plane.  I then used the F12 aero display and there are drag lines for all of the k series parts even behind each other.  So there is no apparent aero shielding going on.  I then put a small monoprop tank inside of the space plane and the monoprop tank even though it was inside of the k series part also generated drag.  In addition the 3 engines on the k series tri coupler also generated drag even though they were behind the whole space plane.  The drag even persisted when the space plane was facing directly prograde in the atmosphere.  I could not find the log in any of the three places it should have been so I am not sure where to get it to include it here.

the whole space plane aero display showing drag on all three of the engines and the control surfaces even though they are behind the tail surface:

ZUYShn0.png

The K series fuel tank generating drag even though it is behind the k series cockpit:

ch3G4JL.png

The monoprop tank clipped inside the K series cockpit also producing drag.

ild5oSI.png

I've always noticed this too, is this a difficult fix? 

I mean my space planes seem to perform fine to me, but could they be better?

22 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

Better bug report for no aero shielding with K parts:

With a stock install with only OPT I made a simple K style space plane.  I then used the F12 aero display and there are drag lines for all of the k series parts even behind each other.  So there is no apparent aero shielding going on.  I then put a small monoprop tank inside of the space plane and the monoprop tank even though it was inside of the k series part also generated drag.  In addition the 3 engines on the k series tri coupler also generated drag even though they were behind the whole space plane.  The drag even persisted when the space plane was facing directly prograde in the atmosphere.  I could not find the log in any of the three places it should have been so I am not sure where to get it to include it here.

the whole space plane aero display showing drag on all three of the engines and the control surfaces even though they are behind the tail surface:

17 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

I've always noticed this too, is this a difficult fix? 

I mean my space planes seem to perform fine to me, but could they be better?

It would be a lot better as there is a lot of drag from the parts that should be shielded.  I am not sure how much better but definitely better.