(no longer bundled)

RasterPropMonitor, by Mihara, MOARdV
ASET Prop pack, by alexustas
ASET Avionics, by alexustas

Supported mod:
Community Category Kit, by Roverdude
Connected Living Space, by Papa_Joe
Ferram Aerospace Research (FAR), by ferram4; Please download this patch

USI Life Support, by Roverdude, please use the OPT_USI patch created by @JadeOfMaar

Recommended mod:
Distant Object Enhancement, by Rubber Ducky
Scatterer, by Blackrack
Planet Shine, by Valerian

Installation Guide:

Install guide

Download Links:

Wu4eBo9.png             5ZhMvMX.png

Albums:

sFcIfBS.pngjvJ72se.pngd0uWWt6.png

Videos:

WiN8QS0.png

Change Log:

Spoiler

OPT v2.0.1:

Spoiler

Note that if you are playing a science or career game play, your existing in flight craft will not be affected HOWEVER crafts inside VAB, SPH may show as "this craft contain invalid or locked parts". You need to research relevant parts in the tech tree to unlock them again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• All OPT RCS now has a specific impulse of 350, and they require QUITE SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF ELECTRIC CHARGE TO RUN!!! Their technology also moved to Specialized Control (1 tier up).
• Bug fix: Objects attached to the J deployment node are now shielded properly
• OPT J Lab now belongs to Advanced Exploration instead of Supersonic flight.
• OPT H fuselage parts moved to "Advanced Aerodynamics"
• OPT J fuselage parts moved to "Heavy Aerodynamics" (since it's similar size to the Mk3 rather than Mk2)
• Mk2 Ram intake moved to hypersonicFlight
• OPT wing parts technology also moved to "Heavy Aerodynamics"
• J deployment bay moved to "Heavy Aerodynamics"
• OPT Kh moved to experimental Aerodynamics. (K fuselage is still Heavy Aerodynamics)
• H_drone moved to large unmanned
• OPT mk2 engine's CoM shifted forward by 1m
• Support for CTT

OPT v2.0.0:

Spoiler
  •  
    • Added several new RCS parts
    • Added IVA for J science lab and H crew cabin.
    • Fixed JSL, JHT, JQS and KSP IVA windows (was 100% transparent).
    • Changed KH cargo/fuselage's inner node upward by 0.61, so it's centered for 3.75m parts.
    • Further reduced lifting body lift value by up to 10%
    • Cockpit and nose part's lift value reduced by 40%
    • Fixed h fuselage's lift value (reduced)
    • Applied all previous bug fix patches (missing h fuselage fuel and missing tech)
    • Fixed base mass value for MFT (set to -1)
    • Nebula engine(2.5m engine)'s Centre of Mass shifted forward by 1.5 (since the engine's main body isn't modelled)
    • Added TACLS for h crew cabins

FmioHjb.png by6tYSZ.png QZz4xI5.png

Swp1fgx.png

Bug Fixes and Extra Downloads:

Spoiler

None atm.

Common Questions and Answers:

Spoiler

Q: I have trouble installing this mod, missing parts, missing textures etc...
A: Try following the installation section carefully, it's been tested working many times! Also try to run KSP in x64 bit.

Q: No fuel when right clicking parts in SPH/VAB!
A: Read the requirements and installation section of this post! This is most likely due to incorrect installation of Module Manager, or have multiple versions of it. Also be aware that OPT uses fuel switch, which means if you right click the part, you can select your desired fuel tank.

Q: The wing parts are very annoying to attach, could you combine them into a single piece?
A: I explained it in this post, why they must be kept separate!

Q: Help with building space planes?
A:  Basic Aircraft Design, this post provides good explanation about the basics of an aircraft design. Otherwise take a look at the pre-built crafts that's included with the download.

Q: The lifting body mess up during re-entry, causing the craft to flip!
A: check if your craft is well balanced on empty tanks first, then add fuel to the tanks near CoM. Also KSP aerodynamic model isn't exactly perfect, try keep re-entry angle less than 30 degrees. OPT parts have quite high thermal resistance, so unlike the real space shuttle, your kerbals will survive a faster re-entry.

Q: Will this mod be indexed by CKAN?
A: Yes it's already on CKAN.

Q: The engines are overpowered!
A: If you dislike the engines, you can manually remove the engines by deleting the folder: GameData/OPT/Parts/engines. If you are looking for other large spaceplane engines, i recommend taking a look at: MkIV Spaceplane, and B9 Aerospace

OPT Legacy:

Spoiler

OPT had a long history of development, and during each major update, some parts are changed or abandoned. These parts are putted into the Legacy pack, which you can download HERE!
Currently the legacy pack is maintained by @stali79, many thanks to him!

Note that parts in legacy pack are no longer in development, and they have issues such as missing IVA, out dated textures and models. But it is compatible with the main pack(v1.9.x). Just make sure they are installed in different folders, "GameData/OPT_Legacy/stuff" while the main pack is installed as "GameData/OPT/stuff".

Credits:

Original Creator:
@K.Yeon

Maintenance/Test team while i was away:
@stali79, @Spanksh, @Starwaster, @Stone Blue, @Mycroft, @M_Ouellette

Contributors:
(everyone above),
@Winchester
@Flashblade
@JadeOfMaar

-to be added-

And thanks to anyone who made a bug report and suggestion, thank you all for helping me making this mod better!

PBpMwBe.png
Support this project if you like

88x31.png

This mod is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

I9LVddl.png

Edited by K.Yeon
updated to 2.0

That's cool, I really like the j adaptor fuel tank, the cockpit isn't to my liking but that's just me. I could see this as an alternative to b9 at somepoint in the future for larger aircraft parts depending on how much you expand it.

Really good. I usually don't consider "stockalike" a real compliment or a feature, but since they introduced SPP parts, I'm making an exception for spaceplanes. :) I really like the looks of this, would go great with B9's Mk.5 cockpit.

Instant download! I know I'm not the only spaceplane junkie who longs for parts not entirely cylindrical. A series of tubes, if you will. :cool:

Edit: I'm flying a plane to the Mun right now, admiring your mod. With some cargo bays and docking nodes, this mod will be perfect. :) Thanks!

Edited by Voculus

Very nice stuff! I played with this for a while and here are my impressions.

Wb6EEAJ.png

Things I like:

The J series parts (LOVE them! I've wanted this part for a long time)

The little adapter piece with monoprop in it.

The flawless fit and finish of the parts

The textures (blend well with stock parts)

The awesome shader on the cockpit glass!

Things I don't like

The cockpit: It seems too scaled-up. It doesn't give the impression of it's massive size. It's a little cartoony, but that could grow on me.

Suggestions:

A J-series cargo bay with a wide profile. Hinging where the top of the 1.25 meter shoulders are. That would be awesome.

I can't wait to see what you will do with the K-series stuff you are planning. Keep it up!

Very nice stuff! I played with this for a while and here are my impressions.

Things I like:

The J series parts (LOVE them! I've wanted this part for a long time)

The little adapter piece with monoprop in it.

The flawless fit and finish of the parts

The textures (blend well with stock parts)

The awesome shader on the cockpit glass!

Things I don't like

The cockpit: It seems too scaled-up. It doesn't give the impression of it's massive size. It's a little cartoony, but that could grow on me.

Suggestions:

A J-series cargo bay with a wide profile. Hinging where the top of the 1.25 meter shoulders are. That would be awesome.

I can't wait to see what you will do with the K-series stuff you are planning. Keep it up!

Thankyou for the feedback exo, it seems more than few people told me about how the cockpit looks too scaled up haha ill be fixing that... I just finished work on the Cargo Bay you can see it in the album it be avalible to download soon!

Thankyou for the feedback exo, it seems more than few people told me about how the cockpit looks too scaled up haha ill be fixing that... I just finished work on the Cargo Bay you can see it in the album it be avalible to download soon!

Wow, that cargo bay is great! Hopefully it will be set up so that the top and bottom doors can be opened independently of each other, if we so choose. It wouldn't necessarily be a disaster if both sides opened and closed as one, but it would still be nice to have the either/or option. :) Keep up the great work, and keep releasing parts often, lol!

:D

These parts look amazing! Well done!

I love the new cockpit, the cargo bay (double-door sets actually fill a niche that is missing in mods like b9!), as well as the adapters and such too! Once you get closer to completion, I would be willing to work up MM configs to make your parts compatable with Real Fuels, if you like. One final aestetic thought on the cockpit; usually a nose-type section

A brief question; do you plan to make adapters for some of the larger b9 Aerospace parts? It's fine if not, just curious :)

Finally, would you consider making a long version of the j fuselage? I make long crafts typically, and too many segments can make for wobbly frames ;) NP if not interested though, I understand.