[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

18 hours ago, stali79 said:

Seems to be working for me. try it on land with wheels deployed

That's a different K cockpit from the one in the video (notice the one in the video has no intakes...)

@siliconworm The K-cockpits I think were never truly finalized at all. (Technically all of OPT was never finalized. K.Yeon re-iterated the mod about 3-4 times from the time I started using it a little over a year ago.) The most recent version were very much in-dev at the time development was stopped (K-Yeon was in the middle of revamping everything to new part dimensions/profiles.) I'm not surprise of a few thing may be incomplete. This is compounded by the KSP 1.1.x release.

That said, try launching JUST the ockpit and see if you can get out. If yes, something is up with the fuel tank. If no, something is wrong with the cockpit. If it's the latter, not much can be done without access to the models. K.Yeon would've offered the model files to the community for upkeep, but he doesn't have access to them now. He didn't take the computer system that had them. I don't think you can change exit/entry points without editing the model (actual modders correct me if I'm wrong.)

I wish I could say more, but with me on 1.0.5 and playing more with various Mark 2 designs than OPT, I haven't been using the OPT parts much. (Currently screwing around with VTOLs using QuizTech, FuelTankPlus, B9, and Bahamuto parts.)

I have messaged @K.Yeon to let him know what @Winchester and I have done (mind you all I did was source a couple of older versions) and asked him if its ok for us to maintain it in the sense of keeping it up to date as well as post it on Spacedock, I also asked if he has access to any of his pre 1.6 Versions that he might let us have.

Introducing the ISC Broad Arrow. Can take off from KSC and land on the MUN with some fuel to spare, no issue if you put a miner/ISRU package in the main cargo bay. Forward cargo bay is more of a service bay, contains KIS connector, Reactor and batteries. All bays open ventrally.  Drop tanks contain LF and auto drop once empty. I fly with Mechjeb, so set your ascent path to 15%, Grav turn start at 2km and limit AoA to 10 degrees, aim for a 120km

apoapsis, once you hit about 50/55km disengage MJ ascent guidance and change to maneuver planner for your hohmann transfer to the mun. Once in Munar orbit, switch control to the docking port, disengage the SABREs and engage the VTOL engines. MJ landing guidance works fine as the ship is relatively balanced and has sufficient control authority from a bunch of Mk2 Advanced SAS. You should have about 2k Ox left in the tanks when you land.

Happy flying folks.

SPECIAL NOTE: Run all engines on take off but don't expect to nose up until AFTER you run out of runway and she is SLOW to nose up, but once you have her nose up and a positive AoA you are fine to switch on MJ Ascent Guidance.

Download Link from KerbalX

Edited by stali79

4 minutes ago, LukeTheYeti said:

Isn't there a blender plugin that allows you to load ksp parts into blender? If you need access to the source 3d files that's probably the closest you're going to get.

I thought so too, so I went on the internet and I found this:

Spoiler

lane-closed.jpg

Afterwards, I found this:

I'm not a modder, nor do I play one on TV, so I can't tell you how to use this tool. Doesn't mean I can't guide you in the right direction and tell you how to get the tool.

On 5/1/2016 at 4:49 PM, Steel Dragon said:

Ok on a quick look in sorting by cross section:

J-Type is great sorted perfectly
I, K, and L have issues:
I-Type shows basicly every part in KSP for some reason
K-Type Shows MK2 and MK3 parts along with OPT parts
L-Type Also shows some of the parts from the Planatary Base Mod (A popular mod)

it looks like we need a new naming system as you said in the past I agree with
OPTA (Current J-Type)
OPTB (Current K-Type)
OPTC (Current L-Type)
OPTW (OPT Wing Sections)

Just an idea to help with sorting while building ships. Being able to have all the same or attaching corss section in one sorting is very nice.

L type? is that the 2.5 meter one?

5 hours ago, stali79 said:

I have tweaked a couple of the J parts to allow surface attachment, its rudimentary and only on the J fuel tank, I have also written a CLS patch and have uploaded the OPT 1.8 Unofficial Test Release 6

Thanks for all the hard work!

I'm currently using the version you uploaded above (1.8 Unofficial Test Release 6) and so far I haven't come across any game breaking bugs. Although its hard to tell what is a bug and what has been deliberately excluded from the mod for the community release eg.

• interior of some IVA's are empty even with rastorpopmonitor going (although im aware OP never finished some models)
  • the OPT A 'Cargo Bay Tail' is just a plain bi-coupler, place holder maybe? or has it been miss named in the files?

And a few other minor things, but it works! That's the important thing.

Again, a big thanks to ALL who are helping to keep this mod going. Most appreciated!

37 minutes ago, Megameatloaf said:

Thanks for all the hard work!

I'm currently using the version you uploaded above (1.8 Unofficial Test Release 6) and so far I haven't come across any game breaking bugs. Although its hard to tell what is a bug and what has been deliberately excluded from the mod for the community release eg.

• interior of some IVA's are empty even with rastorpopmonitor going (although im aware OP never finished some models)
  • the OPT A 'Cargo Bay Tail' is just a plain bi-coupler, place holder maybe? or has it been miss named in the files?

And a few other minor things, but it works! That's the important thing.

Again, a big thanks to ALL who are helping to keep this mod going. Most appreciated!

The A cargo bay tail does have its own model, but to be honest no point in including it anyway for the fact it doesn't open. If someone has the skills and wants to work on the IVA's then please send me a pm and I will pass on what @K.Yeon has said to me. I am currently uploading the 1.8 Test 6 onto spacedock.

Big thanks to @stali79 for basically continuing where I left off, and for notifying me of @K.Yeon's reply. :)

I'm not sure how much more time I'm going to spend on this personally as I'm currently busy playing (*gasp*, *horror*) other games. I basically only started doing this so I could play with *all* the parts, not just the ones in the latest official release, which was kind of less than fully featured you might say...

I might have a look at stali79's version in a week or so, and see what I can do about cleaning up the .cfg files and adding whatever properties that stock parts have now that aren't on the old ones. Right now though I don't have the time. :(

Cheers, and many happy explosions!

1 hour ago, Winchester said:

Big thanks to @stali79 for basically continuing where I left off, and for notifying me of @K.Yeon's reply. :)

I'm not sure how much more time I'm going to spend on this personally as I'm currently busy playing (*gasp*, *horror*) other games. I basically only started doing this so I could play with *all* the parts, not just the ones in the latest official release, which was kind of less than fully featured you might say...

I might have a look at stali79's version in a week or so, and see what I can do about cleaning up the .cfg files and adding whatever properties that stock parts have now that aren't on the old ones. Right now though I don't have the time. :(

Cheers, and many happy explosions!

Do you have an account on Spacedock? It appears I can add you as an author which will allow you to also edit the spacedock part of the mod in addition to myself.

And now for the ISC Galactic Sabretooth.

Same basic flight profile as the Broad Arrow, but has the addition that it can land on the mun, and self refuel thanks to the onboard miners and convertotrons.  Has 2 nuclear reactors but they seem to shut down quickly if you run them higher than 2% I did put radiators on but that seems to do nothing.  Has retro engines installed which should help shed excess oxidiser on reentry as well as slow you down. KerbalX Download.

Edited by stali79

Hi, Thank for maintaining this superb mods, one of my must-have.
I have 2 comment
-I didn’t found the K TAV Shuttle Cockpit (k.10m.cockpit.legacy) in game, his files are in the mods, but didn’t appear ingame. I try to modifie the .cfg , but nothing happen.
-About the ISC Galactic Sabretooth, what are the pieces over/under the J60 engine nacelles, because I didn’t recognise them and KerbalX modlist didn’t help?
Thank you again

A couple of (hopefully useful) remarks on the newest pack:

1. If the rest of the K parts aren't legacy, then the K-TAV cockpit shouldn't be either; it should be moved into an appropriate folder under Parts. If not, it needs its model path corrected (uppercase letter needed) for it to show up in-game.

2. All part titles need a double check for consistency so that parts are both placed together and in the same order by cross section, within and across tabs.

3. The A-series of parts is pretty much useless and could be entirely eliminated and instead offered in some sort of legacy compatibility pack separate from finalized OPT versions - K parts are basically the same thing with a slightly different cross-section, and the K-TAV cockpit is (ish) an analogue of the old A cockpit.

4. The L cargo tail needs a ModuleCargoBay, and its animation module can have a deploy limit placed on it to make it more customizable (like the K cargo tails have).

Is there a repo for pull requests or whatever?

2 hours ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

A couple of (hopefully useful) remarks on the newest pack:

1. If the rest of the K parts aren't legacy, then the K-TAV cockpit shouldn't be either; it should be moved into an appropriate folder under Parts. If not, it needs its model path corrected (uppercase letter needed) for it to show up in-game.

2. All part titles need a double check for consistency so that parts are both placed together and in the same order by cross section, within and across tabs.

3. The A-series of parts is pretty much useless and could be entirely eliminated and instead offered in some sort of legacy compatibility pack separate from finalized OPT versions - K parts are basically the same thing with a slightly different cross-section, and the K-TAV cockpit is (ish) an analogue of the old A cockpit.

4. The L cargo tail needs a ModuleCargoBay, and its animation module can have a deploy limit placed on it to make it more customizable (like the K cargo tails have).

Is there a repo for pull requests or whatever?

I am not a modder, and as such I don't have the knowledge to work with the models and such. What I am doing is just keeping the mod up to date compatability wise until september when @K.Yeon comes back to active development. If you want to tell me how to use github I will gladly put it there for such things but I have never used it before beyond downloading from it. 

From memory the L Cargo Tail was never completed by the mod author, it is something I am considering removing anyway.

When @Winchester renamed/edited things to make the old legacy parts usable he left the directory structure as it was when the author first did it, that being said I think its a good idea and will see if I can make the folder structure more logical.

We decided to keep the A parts as they can still have some degree of usability.

If you can tell me HOW to get some of this done I will get it done asap and upload a new version.

7 hours ago, CJagd said:

Hi, Thank for maintaining this superb mods, one of my must-have.
I have 2 comment
-I didn’t found the K TAV Shuttle Cockpit (k.10m.cockpit.legacy) in game, his files are in the mods, but didn’t appear ingame. I try to modifie the .cfg , but nothing happen.
-About the ISC Galactic Sabretooth, what are the pieces over/under the J60 engine nacelles, because I didn’t recognise them and KerbalX modlist didn’t help?
Thank you again

Radial SABRE from the Hangar Mod. Will look into the other issue.

Edited by stali79

I honestly don't think we need to fix the file structure if it works, changing things just for the sake of esthetics could create more problems than solve. The unedited version of the K TAV can be downloaded from www.mediaremovethisspacefire.com/download/89rjm37bmff6l4t/KTAVCockpit.zip (remove "removethisspace")

Be aware, config files are case sensitive, if the K TAV's config file mu location does not match the actual folder structure letter for letter including case , the game won't find it.

Edited by M_Ouellette

1 hour ago, M_Ouellette said:

I honestly don't think we need to fix the file structure if it works, changing things just for the sake of esthetics could create more problems than solve. The unedited version of the K TAV can be downloaded from www.mediaremovethisspacefire.com/download/89rjm37bmff6l4t/KTAVCockpit.zip (remove "removethisspace")

Be aware, config files are case sensitive, if the K TAV's config file mu location does not match the actual folder structure letter for letter including case , the game won't find it.

I see your point, but it's not for aesthetic reasons - it's so people can do things like delete parts they don't want and know what they're deleting, for one example.

Here is an archive (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59567837/OPT_AccidentalDisassemblyFixes.zip) with updated part configs that fix a number of issues, mostly revolving around: 

1. Mismatched or misplaced brackets {} that were causing part compilation errors (I don't think I caught them all)
2. Typos
3. Part descriptions that didn't follow the scheme (didn't change actual part names). Now all descriptions begin with OPT and are organized by profile letter (J, K, 2.5m, whatever).
4. Improved the formatting of a couple of the more egregiously-formatted part configs, then gave up in despair. The rest could use some love on that front.
5. Fixed the duplicate part names of the two ISP cockpit variants, which are nearly identical, one is just a slightly updated model of the other. One could be deleted, but I didn't delete anything, so there you go.
6. Reorganized a few folders that made no sense - left the rest (the majority) alone.
7. Eliminated the duplicate AVC dlls and errata from the archive.
8. Removed the MM Patch from the k-TAV cockpit's config and put it in OPT_FS.cfg where it belongs.

There is still something borking the Mk3 shuttle nose part - it's showing in the editor as a copy of the mk3 cockpit. My guess is someone copied and renamed the cockpit model, thinking it was the nose model. Also, both ISP 2.5m cockpits need fixes eventually for the crew hatches - kerbals don't grip on exit. No clue how to do that myself.

Apart from that, I do truly doubt I caught everything - probably not even close. But it's better.