[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

9 hours ago, Vanguard-Warden said:

I love the H part, i made a small shuttle/cargo transport with it. I love the design, thank you K.Yeon for your work :D

Reveal hidden contents

EY52TF2.pngYBPQAGl.pngrybmrMn.png

I still have to find where i should put a docking port, but now my kerbal can travel between, base in style 

It's wonderful!!!

Tell my please, VTOL engines from mod?

3 hours ago, Morda007 said:

It's wonderful!!!

Tell my please, VTOL engines from mod?

It's not single part, it's a mk1 size cargo part from airplane plus and i put an small aerospike inside with tweakscale :)

Spoiler

Wb3BT7f.pngYdAVbqI.png

Edited by Vanguard-Warden

9 hours ago, Vanguard-Warden said:

It's not single part, it's a mk1 size cargo part from airplane plus and i put an small aerospike inside with tweakscale :)

Reveal hidden contents

Wb3BT7f.pngYdAVbqI.png

Thank you very much :)

On 08/05/2017 at 5:56 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

@Rodger that's quite a design you have there. But I'm assuming some funky aero properties with it.

Also, release 1.9.9! Woo! :D I need to design something to celebrate with.

It actually flys pretty nicely! Stock aero though. Also ReCoupler helped a lot, the 'saddle' crew sections actually connect back to the rear j-k adaptor.

I will say it again; I love the H part, they are amazing! It inspired me to do a whole line of spaceship to use as VTOL Drop Outpost, from H to K size :)

Here they are ready to discover the whole solar system

FbFbF28.png

Here is the H Drop Ship, perfect to use as a scout or a small temporary outpost. Valentina love it!

wujGBJJ.png

It also fly pretty well (but it won't win any race)

Spoiler

cVonqjc.png

Here is the J Drop Modular Ship, the service bay can be refitted for everything, here is a driller version

EKeYw8c.png

And finally the backbone of every expedition, the colony ship K Drop Oupost

XhnkA54.png

The Colony ship can take care of a small army of Kerbal and carry 2 Malemute Rover in the internal bay. Perfect to use as an oupost and start a new life on a new planet.

Spoiler

FycIKKM.pngJi2yWMW.png

And that's how you can explore the whole solar system thanks to OPT! XD 

Thank you again, K.Yeon for making this amazing mod, it's one of the best mod for KSP in my personnal opinion, nothing less!

Thank you for your time.

Edited by Vanguard-Warden
typo

(Answered the above question in a repeat thread)

I finally got to dig into OPT 1.9.9 and not only get acquainted with the new H body and refreshed K body but also with the new "OPT E" tag on all the non-legacy engines (and all the KSPWheel things). The HAE-02 seems to have been nerfed harder, or it just really struggled with the bulk that I attached it to...I'm not accustomed to building a large plane unless I really, really need one. Anyway, it's alright once I know the peak perf envelope for it (and the J-92), namely 10km ~ 20km altitude.

I'd like to note @K.Yeon that the OPT E-Rocket Scramjet (HAE-02) is also missing TechRequired, Cost and entryCost, just like the J Boarding Ramp and J Rear Hatch.

aHd1e9b.jpg

vaaerR9.jpg

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

(Answered the above question in a repeat thread)

I finally got to dig into OPT 1.9.9 and not only get acquainted with the new H body and refreshed K body but also with the new "OPT E" tag on all the non-legacy engines (and all the KSPWheel things). The HAE-02 seems to have been nerfed harder, or it just really struggled with the bulk that I attached it to...I'm not accustomed to building a large plane unless I really, really need one. Anyway, it's alright once I know the peak perf envelope for it (and the J-92), namely 10km ~ 20km altitude.

I'd like to note @K.Yeon that the OPT E-Rocket Scramjet (HAE-02) is also missing TechRequired, Cost and entryCost, just like the J Boarding Ramp and J Rear Hatch.

aHd1e9b.jpg

vaaerR9.jpg

It has been fixed. There is a note on the spacedock page

Just now, stali79 said:

It has been fixed. There is a note on the spacedock page

Ah, thanks. I'll be sure to grab it. :) I wasn't expecting that more little issues would have been found out between the release day and my finally getting to check out this new stuff.

1 minute ago, stali79 said:

The j92 shouldnt have yaw gimbal. None of the engines in the mk2 form factor should have it.

Really?  That is strange as the J92 is a 2.5 meter engine.  Not a Mk2 engine.  There is a Mk2 scramjet but I am not talking about that one.

Edited by captinjoehenry

On 28/04/2017 at 0:17 PM, Starwaster said:

@K.Yeon

Bug report: 

• OPT_MFT.cfg - all references to :NEEDS[RealFuels] need to be changed to :NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks] or else it will add TWO MODULEs named ModuleFuelTanks
  • OPT_RF.cfg - volumes are too small. They should be 5x the volumes that you assigned in OPT_MFT.cfg (so, the j_4m_crew part should have volume = 10125 as RF volumes are in liters)
  • Also, you should probably add basemass = -1 to all the ModuleFuelTanks modules in the config. At the very least that should be done to the cockpits but probably also to the other parts as well. If not then Real Fuels will scale down the mass and probably scale it down too far. (example, with RF, the type K cockpit is coming in at around 101 kg)
  • It doesn't make sense for the J Inline Boarding Ramp part to have resources added at all. Looking at it when open, it can't store anything in the sides or the bottom. The starboard side is open and can't hold anything and the port side is going to have crew moving through it. The bottom will also be empty.

@RazeBerry the above is probably why you are seeing negative masses. When mods report mass changes, they do so as a mass delta so if ModuleFuelTank is lowering masses then it's doing it twice because there are two of that module on each OPT part.

@K.Yeon I've tested the fix where I went into OPT_MFT.cfg and manually added the basemass = -1 to all the parts and this solved the issues I was having with the parts being too light and therefore the CoM shifting too far to the rear when engines where installed. I am using ModularFuelTanks and cryo tanks and I think one of these was altering the base part mass somewhere. 

I did notice however that there seems to be a bug with the particle effects for the Linear Aerospike engine. As in the picture above all the particles seem to be collected at the base of the engine. Like so.

23 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

@K.YeonI found a bug.  The J-92 Scramjet cannot gimble side to side.  It can only provide pitch and no yaw.  In addition it rotates around its middle when you try and use it for roll control when there is only one engine

Thanks! Ill take a look

2 hours ago, Magnavox said:

@K.Yeon I've tested the fix where I went into OPT_MFT.cfg and manually added the basemass = -1 to all the parts and this solved the issues I was having with the parts being too light and therefore the CoM shifting too far to the rear when engines where installed. I am using ModularFuelTanks and cryo tanks and I think one of these was altering the base part mass somewhere. 

I did notice however that there seems to be a bug with the particle effects for the Linear Aerospike engine. As in the picture above all the particles seem to be collected at the base of the engine. Like so.

Thanks, i don't use MFT so i didn't know until i read this quote on MFT page: "*New options for basemass. If basemass is -1, then all MFT mass calculations regarding tank mass are ignored; the part's mass will be left unchanged.", my guess is currently the MFT will do a calculation for part mass based on it's volume, which means most OPT parts will become super light. Ill get it fixed asap.

The linear aerospike effect isn't a bug, i just haven't found a way to make it look better haha

Edited by K.Yeon

17 minutes ago, K.Yeon said:

Thanks, i don't use MFT so i didn't know until i read this quote on MFT page: "*New options for basemass. If basemass is -1, then all MFT mass calculations regarding tank mass are ignored; the part's mass will be left unchanged.",

That's why I made the recommendation to include basemass = -1 :)

@captinjoehenry @stali79 The J-92 has always had that behavior to me...I always found it odd that the J-92 rotates about itself. It doesn't have multiple thrust transforms like the Rapier in order to actually gimbal via thrust. Meanwhile the J-61 has had pitch, yaw and roll gimbal for sometime now... Since I hardly play KSP lately I don't remember if it's still there.

@K.Yeon It would be nice if the linear aerospike(s) could gimbal. They're supposed to be quite able to. Since they're in essence an engine cluster they can gimbal by augmenting fuel flow across their component rockets.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, mbartelsm said:

Hello, the stand-alone H-sized fuselage doesn't actually have a fuel tank, even though the mounted variant does.

yes sorry it's a bug, ill get another updated version asap. meanwhile the fix is linked in OP and bug fix section