[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

4 hours ago, tsaukn said:

I'm having a bit of an issue, and I'm not sure if this is the mod causing it. I am attempting to build my first Space Plane, using the MK II parts. Including those big badass MK II dual engines for the back.

Now my issue. I hit the runway, throttle 100% and ... nada. I have full thrust, but the ship goes nowhere. Zero speed, it gets lighter until it starts pointing up... lol...

Not sure if this is an issue with this mod, as I'm not sure if the part is from the mod, wish I knew how to tell, but maybe someone has some advice. Thanks.

Screenshots and logs, bud. :) All of OPT's parts have "OPT" in the display name or Manufacturer, and there's definitely something -else- in your game install that's messing with physics.

7 hours ago, tsaukn said:

I'm having a bit of an issue, and I'm not sure if this is the mod causing it. I am attempting to build my first Space Plane, using the MK II parts. Including those big badass MK II dual engines for the back.

Now my issue. I hit the runway, throttle 100% and ... nada. I have full thrust, but the ship goes nowhere. Zero speed, it gets lighter until it starts pointing up... lol...

Not sure if this is an issue with this mod, as I'm not sure if the part is from the mod, wish I knew how to tell, but maybe someone has some advice. Thanks.

Modlist please

14 hours ago, tsaukn said:

Follow the instructions in the link below, and the modders should be able to help you fix whatever problem you are having:

This is not just for OPT, but for all KSP mods.

@TDplay @stali79 The USI LS configs are nearly finished. I decided not to have the LS-supporting parts never hold fuel. However the configs are colliding with the prior (and messy) FS and IFS setups. Some parts are failing to delete prior tank setups (in part due to ones that have texture/mesh switching) and the labs aren't getting any setup. Declaring multiple parts per opening part node isn't a problem. There are more instances of this and they work fine.

Sample:

//Stail class cockpits
@PART[b_cockpit,b_cockpit_qs]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]:FINAL
{
	//Cleanup resources
	-RESOURCE,* {}
	-MODULE[FSfuelSwitch],* {}
	-MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],* {}

MODULE
	{
		name = FSfuelSwitch
		resourceNames = Supplies,Mulch,ElectricCharge,MonoPropellant;LiquidFuel,ElectricCharge,MonoPropellant;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer,ElectricCharge,MonoPropellant
		resourceAmounts = 1600,400,1500,800;800,1500,800;360,440,1500,800
		initialResourceAmounts = 1600,0,1500,800;800,1500,800;360,440,1500,800
		basePartMass = 0.29
		tankMass = 0;0;0
		tankCost = 0;0;0
		displayCurrentTankCost = false
		hasGUI = true
		showInfo = true
	}
------------------------------
//Labs
@PART[j_4m_Lab,b_4m_Lab]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]:FINAL
{
	//Cleanup resources
	-RESOURCE,* {}

MODULE
	{
		name = FSfuelSwitch
		resourceNames = Supplies;Mulch;Fertilizer;Gypsum;Hydrates;Ore
		resourceAmounts = 4000;4000;4000;4000;4000;480
		initialResourceAmounts = 4000;0;4000;4000;4000;0
		basePartMass = 0.29
		tankMass = 0;0;0;0;0;0
		tankCost = 0;0;0;0;0;0
		hasGUI = true
		showInfo = true
	}

This aside, I've handled all cockpits and cabins, added CLS, warehouse, habs and recyclers where I assume appropriate. But I've done nothing to actual tanks, bays, adapters or wings. I may have to require users to delete the existing fuel switch files, or add :NEEDS[!USILifeSupport] to the prior configs to get them to not execute in the first place, and then rewrite fuel switching for all un-crewed parts.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

28 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@TDplay @stali79 The USI LS configs are nearly finished. I decided not to have the LS-supporting parts never hold fuel. However the configs are colliding with the prior (and messy) FS and IFS setups. Some parts are failing to delete prior tank setups (in part due to ones that have texture/mesh switching) and the labs aren't getting any setup. Declaring multiple parts per opening part node isn't a problem. There are more instances of this and they work fine.

Sample:

//Stail class cockpits
@PART[b_cockpit,b_cockpit_qs]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]:FINAL
{
	//Cleanup resources
	-RESOURCE,* {}

MODULE
	{
		name = FSfuelSwitch
		resourceNames = Supplies,Mulch,ElectricCharge,MonoPropellant;LiquidFuel,ElectricCharge,MonoPropellant;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer,ElectricCharge,MonoPropellant
		resourceAmounts = 1600,400,1500,800;800,1500,800;360,440,1500,800
		initialResourceAmounts = 1600,0,1500,800;800,1500,800;360,440,1500,800
		basePartMass = 0.29
		tankMass = 0;0;0
		tankCost = 0;0;0
		hasGUI = true
		showInfo = true
	}
------------------------------
//Labs
@PART[j_4m_Lab,b_4m_Lab]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]:FINAL
{
	//Cleanup resources
	-RESOURCE,* {}

MODULE
	{
		name = FSfuelSwitch
		resourceNames = Supplies;Mulch;Fertilizer;Gypsum;Hydrates;Ore
		resourceAmounts = 4000;4000;4000;4000;4000;480
		initialResourceAmounts = 4000;0;4000;4000;4000;0
		basePartMass = 0.29
		tankMass = 0;0;0;0;0;0
		tankCost = 0;0;0;0;0;0
		hasGUI = true
		showInfo = true
	}

This aside, I've handled all cockpits and cabins, added CLS, warehouse, habs and recyclers where I assume appropriate. But I've done nothing to actual tanks, bays, adapters or wings. I may have to require users to delete the existing fuel switch files, or add :NEEDS[!USILifeSupport] to the prior configs to get them to not execute in the first place, and then rewrite fuel switching for all un-crewed parts.

Labs are tank free by design. @K.Yeon never wanted the labs fuelled

Hello, I am running into problems regarding the OPT parts. Everytime I place down an fueled part, the vehicle mass become a little lighter, therefore it must have negative mass, I suspect it is incompatible between OPT mod and the real fuel mod. Bug Parts not containing fuel works perfectly. Also, OPT fuel tanks have very low readings for fuel and oxidizer units, please help.

6 minutes ago, RazeBerry said:

Hello, I am running into problems regarding the OPT parts. Everytime I place down an fueled part, the vehicle mass become a little lighter, therefore it must have negative mass, I suspect it is incompatible between OPT mod and the real fuel mod. Bug Parts not containing fuel works perfectly. Also, OPT fuel tanks have very low readings for fuel and oxidizer units, please help.

Screenshots? Logs? Debugging steps taken?

Hi all,

I'm a BDArmory developer and I would like to let you all know that we just opened an interesting SCI-FI combat challenge where OPT parts is allowed :), currently is on the Inception phase gathering feedback and adding rules.

AkTm4Tr.jpg

Hi guys, just some much needed updates:

Over the past few month, I had little time for modding, making only small progress per week.
But those small progress has finally accumulated into something I can show it to you.

The next patch will be OPTv1.9.9, as many already know, it will focus on 'KH' and 'H' fuselage, as well as including all the remaining IVAs.

The new 'KH' parts will allowing cargo size up to 4m in diameter, and the rear cargo ramp will have rover clearance height of 3.9m.

9Hpgn4s.png

mjR7KTw.png

As you can see, fitting the central hub from planetary base mod with wheels extended is no problem at all!
Soon OPT spaceplanes will be a better option to deliver those base modules instead of a big nose rockets :D

CGZFMG9.png

The 'H' fuselage will come in two variations, a fuselage version (bottom), and another for mounting on top of K fuselage (top).

WjgdffA.png

Why KH & H instead of the humpback from legacy:

Spoiler

The 'humpback' series is extremely similar to the K fuselage, and it does not integrate well with other OPT parts.

So instead of revamping the entire humpback parts, the KH & H parts It's a very simple solution allowing it to integrate with existing K fuselage and carry 3.75m cargo, also bringing new, smaller, few but useful 'H' fuselage parts. With these few parts, it will achieve the same as the humpback parts and more.

The 'H' parts can also be side attached onto other parts, which can be very useful on it's own.

Other things I want to include in 1.9.9 are:

• Support for the current dev version of FAR and see how it goes
  • 2.5m fuselage parts (just the standard fuel tanks and crew tank)

1.9.9 will be released no later than May 7th, and it will be aimed for KSP v1.2.2 NOT pre1.3

After that, ill see if there are bugs that need to be fixed, as well as adding quite a few mod supports including:

• Community Tech Tree
  • FAR
  • USI Life Support
  • Snacks
  • Rebalancing TAC Life Support
  • Make sure CLS will work
  • Interstellar Fuel Switch Support
  • SmokeScreen (I will do this if time allows, they provide really nice engine effects)

And they will be added for OPT 2.0, which will be the end of OPT development!

8 minutes ago, stali79 said:

they should be

I wouldn't agree with that, modelled or flat with normals would both work perfectly well on something like that. They look modelled and they look damn good(I'll be even more impressed if they are just normals) i'd be interested in the knowing the poly count if it is all modelled. I think i'll download when available and take a good luck at the models and textures, these look really good!

1 minute ago, dboi88 said:

I wouldn't agree with that, modelled or flat with normals would both work perfectly well on something like that. They look modelled and they look damn good(I'll be even more impressed if they are just normals) i'd be interested in the knowing the poly count if it is all modelled. I think i'll download when available and take a good luck at the models and textures, these look really good!

They will be done in the same manner as the existing K bays.

@K.Yeon

Bug report: 

• OPT_MFT.cfg - all references to :NEEDS[RealFuels] need to be changed to :NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks] or else it will add TWO MODULEs named ModuleFuelTanks
  • OPT_RF.cfg - volumes are too small. They should be 5x the volumes that you assigned in OPT_MFT.cfg (so, the j_4m_crew part should have volume = 10125 as RF volumes are in liters)
  • Also, you should probably add basemass = -1 to all the ModuleFuelTanks modules in the config. At the very least that should be done to the cockpits but probably also to the other parts as well. If not then Real Fuels will scale down the mass and probably scale it down too far. (example, with RF, the type K cockpit is coming in at around 101 kg)
  • It doesn't make sense for the J Inline Boarding Ramp part to have resources added at all. Looking at it when open, it can't store anything in the sides or the bottom. The starboard side is open and can't hold anything and the port side is going to have crew moving through it. The bottom will also be empty.

@RazeBerry the above is probably why you are seeing negative masses. When mods report mass changes, they do so as a mass delta so if ModuleFuelTank is lowering masses then it's doing it twice because there are two of that module on each OPT part.

Edited by Starwaster

9 hours ago, Starwaster said:

@K.Yeon

Bug report: 

• OPT_MFT.cfg - all references to :NEEDS[RealFuels] need to be changed to :NEEDS[ModularFuelTanks] or else it will add TWO MODULEs named ModuleFuelTanks
  • OPT_RF.cfg - volumes are too small. They should be 5x the volumes that you assigned in OPT_MFT.cfg (so, the j_4m_crew part should have volume = 10125 as RF volumes are in liters)
  • Also, you should probably add basemass = -1 to all the ModuleFuelTanks modules in the config. At the very least that should be done to the cockpits but probably also to the other parts as well. If not then Real Fuels will scale down the mass and probably scale it down too far. (example, with RF, the type K cockpit is coming in at around 101 kg)
  • It doesn't make sense for the J Inline Boarding Ramp part to have resources added at all. Looking at it when open, it can't store anything in the sides or the bottom. The starboard side is open and can't hold anything and the port side is going to have crew moving through it. The bottom will also be empty.

@RazeBerry the above is probably why you are seeing negative masses. When mods report mass changes, they do so as a mass delta so if ModuleFuelTank is lowering masses then it's doing it twice because there are two of that module on each OPT part.

thx ill get those fixed! btw the fix for MFT is available download in OP, in extra download section.

1 hour ago, anbztht said:

Hi, i have this problem. the engine is at 100% but no speed at all.

I never seen this happen before, is all other stock and mod engines working? are you in ksp 1.2.2?
Also, use alt+f12, under console, debug, check the first two boxes, and reload the craft on runway see any orange text appear on top right, if it's just related to prefab fx or rasterprop monitor, ignore it, otherwise screenshot it maybe it will help to find out why..

Edited by K.Yeon

On 2017-4-21 at 6:22 PM, stali79 said:

@Starwaster Yes, the negative mass problem is fixed. But it still has negative mass when scaled. Also, despite the fact the volume of tanks can be changed, but the mass ratio would stay the same, and the current mass ratio is around 1:4, which is impossible for RSS SSTO

Edited by RazeBerry

1 hour ago, RazeBerry said:

@Starwaster Yes, the negative mass problem is fixed. But it still has negative mass when scaled. Also, despite the fact the volume of tanks can be changed, but the mass ratio would stay the same, and the current mass ratio is around 1:4, which is impossible for RSS SSTO

Your first two sentences contradict each other. It's fixed but it's not fixed? It can't have the negative mass problem fixed and then still have negative mass. You need to articulate your problem better and maybe submit logs.

As far as RSS goes, parts created for the stock game aren't going to work as well with RSS unless someone creates some Realism Overhaul configs for those parts. So any problems using this with RSS need to go over to the RO thread and hope they'll agree to add OPT to the list of supported mods or do the work yourself and submit them to Realism Overhaul. (i.e. do a pull request to their Github repository). (and all that implies that you should use RO too if you aren't already)

26 minutes ago, RazeBerry said:

@Starwaster It works when it is not scaled, it has negative mass when scaled. Trying to recomplie TweakScale , would that work? What should I do?

Stop using tweakscale and manually rescale the parts using a Module Manager patch.

Or stop using Real Fuels.

10 hours ago, RazeBerry said:

@Starwaster Quite an harsh answer. May I ask how to use the module manager to rescale the parts? 

The problems with TweakScale and Real Fuels go beyond just a simple recompile of Tweak Scale and it's been going on for awhile now so it's not going to be resolved any time soon. And that's just the tank mass issue. Engines are another matter. Maybe some day it will get fixed but don't count on it. And it's not even just the compatibility issue between those two mods. Tweak Scale just has too many issues right now with anything other than stock.

So you want to do a patch to rescale the parts? Here's a sample of the things that need changing. It only focuses on the physical size and mass, and the tank and engine modules. These are the default values as I see them in my Module Manager cache so you probably have something different. Also be warned that I probably missed something as it is 6am in the morning and I'm going back to bed. Not fully awake right now. This is just to get you on the right track. (and for more than just these two parts obviously)

@PART[j_4m_crew]:FINAL // If this is just for personal use then use :FINAL. If you want to try to get it into Realism Overhaul then don't use FINAL
{
	@rescaleFactor = 1 // increase this to scale up the size. Rule of thumb: double the scale = 4 x surface area and 8 x volume
	@mass = 2.288 // increase this as appropriate. Remember hull surface area = 4x if you doubled the scale.
	@MODULE[ModuleFuelTanks]
	{
		@volume = 4050 // double size = 8x volume should hold true here
	}	
}
@PART[j_linear_aerospike]:FINAL
{
	@rescaleFactor = 1 // same as above
	@mass = 5.94 // increasing mass here is probably not as easy as above. Use your best judgement

@MODULE[ModuleEnginesRF]
	{
		@minThrust = 0
		@maxThrust = 656 // increase to match the maxThrust of the configuration the engine is set to. (configurations  as in ModuleEngineConfigs)
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleEngineConfigs]
	{
		// go through each CONFIG and adjust thrust as needed. The MEC configs you have may be different depending on what you have installed
		// Your best bet here for each engine is to decide on a multiplier that you will apply to all. If you decide on 2x mult for the default config then 2x for all
		@CONFIG[LqdHydrogen+LqdOxygen]
		{
			@minThrust = 0
			@maxThrust = 656 // increase as appropriate
		}
	}
}

Edited by Starwaster