[1.3.0] OPT Space Plane v2.0.1 - updated 29/07/2017

K.Yeon

@Mycroft: don't forget you are testing 1.8.5 which has IFS compatability in addition to fallback configuration. 

@MeCripp: it's how K.Yen originally wrote it but the 1.8.5 version has fallbacks  as well as IFS, FS and RF compatability.

Just now, stali79 said:

@Mycroft: don't forget you are testing 1.8.5 which has IFS compatability in addition to fallback configuration. 

I was actually referring to 1.1.2, which has the majority of my OPT craft, but it actually does also apply to the new version, now that I think about it. I actually never got FS for 1.1.3, I just used IFS the whole way, but in 1.1.2, I had the problem with the J&K tanks holding no fuel until I got IFS. Thanks for reminding me, though.

Guys if you are going to notify of a bug that you have found then please detail EXACTLY the problem, HOW you found the problem and WHAT parts the problem affects. Simply saying "can't fuel some tanks" and "some of the fx is backwards" is completely useless to me. I can't take a look at it if you dont give me any detail. If you have crashes and you think it is related to the mod then show me the logs. 

EDIT: no landing gear other than stock is working, including the OPT landing gear that will come with 1.8.5

Edited by stali79

My bad and the drop ship craft one of the engines are cutting out guessing and will test maybe needs more air and it's the J-92 engine the fx are backwards on the runway there expanded and about time to cut them off the fx are what they should be on the runway and there is no errors in the log and I have changed the wheels to stock so that parts fix just don't know why you would have craft files with gear that don't work and I fix the FX on my end to my likely and add some RPMs to a couple of the command pods that don't have them.

2 hours ago, stali79 said:

EDIT: no landing gear other than stock is working, including the OPT landing gear that will come with 1.8.5

Why are you including the (broken) landing gear? You didn't in the previous community maintenance versions.

Unless you intend to put them in the file in such a way that they cannot be used in-game but are there for other modders to look at and/or for future reference, I really don't see the point of including parts that are known to not work. And even then, it should probably be released separately from the main pack, if at all.

1 hour ago, King Something said:

Why are you including the (broken) landing gear? You didn't in the previous community maintenance versions.

Unless you intend to put them in the file in such a way that they cannot be used in-game but are there for other modders to look at and/or for future reference, I really don't see the point of including parts that are known to not work. And even then, it should probably be released separately from the main pack, if at all.

The reason for adding them is so people can see if they can get them working. I don't know how to set them to be hidden in game

EDIT: removed them for the 1.8.5 release. 

Edited by stali79

OPT 1.8.5 is officially released on Spacedock.

You MUST delete your existing OPT folder before installing version 1.8.5.

Support will only be given for KSP 1.1.3 and ONLY with a detailed support request and accompanying log if required.

• Renamed all fuselage profiles
  • Added J-81 Hybrid Turbojet Nacelle
  • Added new model for JSAS module
  • Cleaned up Firespitter MM Patch
  • Cleaned up Connected Living Space MM Patch
  • Created Default Resource MM Patch
  • Created Interstellar Fuel Switch MM Patch
  • Created Real Fuels Patch
  • Created Modular Fuel Tanks MM Patch.
  • Moved common textures to dedicated folder
  • Set texture referencing for affected models
  • Added the people who helped with this project as easter eggs
  • Added Custom KTAV cockpit
  • Removed OLD K cargo bay & bicoupler
  • Humpback cockpit model optimized
  • Added 'tags =' to part configs for easier searching of parts
  • Updated old 'mesh =' to 'model ='
  • Changed Pylon A and Pylon B to Wing Root A and Wing Root B
  • Experimented with inverted textures (looked kinda cool) But put on hold.
  • Added side attach nodes to Juno and Kraken tanks/bays
  • Added Hyomoto's Antenna blade and updated its texture
  • Reorganised folder/file structure.
  • Some models optimized.
  • Adjusted cockpit masses
  • Removed Chimera cockpit
  • Consolidated remaining Chimera parts into Avatar Parts

6 minutes ago, stali79 said:

OPT 1.8.5 is officially released on Spacedock.

Hooray!

51 minutes ago, stali79 said:

I don't know how to set them to be hidden in game

I'm not a modder, nor do I play one on TV, so take this suggestion with a grain of salt as it is offered with no warranty of reliability:

Put the broken part in one folder and have the config file tell the game to look for that part in a different folder. I think the paths are case-sensitive, so have the config point to a folder called "Broken" but put the part in a folder called "broken" for instance.

Glorious :D Is the J-81 supposed to be so ridiculously efficient though? Right now it's got more than double the ISP of the NERV with ten times more thrust even while in closed cycle mode and costs 4000 credits less.

Edited by Dreadthrone

38 minutes ago, Dreadthrone said:

Glorious :D Is the J-81 supposed to be so ridiculously efficient though? Right now it's got more than double the ISP of the NERV with ten times more thrust even while in closed cycle mode and costs 4000 credits less.

The J-81 is nerfed in comparison to what it used to be. It used to hit 10k thrust. It's as efficient as the J-60. At this stage 'cost' is irrelevant.

Edited by stali79

3 hours ago, King Something said:

I'm not a modder, nor do I play one on TV, so take this suggestion with a grain of salt as it is offered with no warranty of reliability:

Put the broken part in one folder and have the config file tell the game to look for that part in a different folder. I think the paths are case-sensitive, so have the config point to a folder called "Broken" but put the part in a folder called "broken" for instance.

No, what you do is change their category and research tech to something that doesn't exist

category = none
TechRequired = none

The Kurgan is crying... 75% of all my ships use OPT parts, about 30 of my 40+ ongoing missions and flights use OPT parts, and they are all broken. I wish I could use this update, but I can't. Oh, what happened to the Tweakscale for the engines? It doesn't seem to work anymore.

3 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

The Kurgan is crying... 75% of all my ships use OPT parts, about 30 of my 40+ ongoing missions and flights use OPT parts, and they are all broken. I wish I could use this update, but I can't. Oh, what happened to the Tweakscale for the engines? It doesn't seem to work anymore.

Tweakscale doesn't work for ANY OPT parts after this update.  And yeah, it broke my everything as well.  I've tried to add Tweakscale myself, but can't figure it out, so, I'm stuck using stock or Procedural parts until Tweakscale gets fixed for this.

EDIT:  I should also note that all of the packaged example craft have missing or invalid parts, and therefore are useless, at least in my install.

Edited by Ryugi

1 hour ago, PickledTripod said:

Some textures look very wrong in this realease, like they've been over-compressed. Here's one of the worst examples:PI5pmnD.png

Textures most definitely do not look like that for me; they look just fine. Are you using ATM?

Fun patch for anyone interested - turns out you can re-scale the Stail parts slightly to make them into J-type parts:

Spoiler

@PART[b_dropBay_mk2|b_4m_drone|bf_cargo_tail|bf_cargo|bf_adaptor|b_cockpit_qs]
{
    @MODEL
    {
        %scale = 0.97561, 1.0, 1.1696 //width, longitudinal, height (in SPH
    }
}

Also, perhaps of note - there are two internals in the Spaces folder that are each named the same thing (I think it was ils_internal or some such).

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Ok, I think I got it, I replaced 2 of the engines (ARI and MK2) and all of the wings  (to fix my tweakscale issues) with the old ones, then did a find and replace of my save file and all my craft in order to:

find a.2m.bicoupler replace with c.2m.bicoupler

find a.6m.cargo replace with c.6m.cargo

Save files and craft files restored!! AND I get the new pretty stuff!!

Yay!

1 hour ago, King Something said:

One of the hollow fuel tanks doesn't hold any fuel. I think it's the Juno, but I have to double-check.

The non-hollow fuel tank and the cargo bay variants of that size do hold fuel properly, though.

Which part specifically?

1 hour ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Also, perhaps of note - there are two internals in the Spaces folder that are each named the same thing (I think it was ils_internal or some such).

One will be for the Stail and one for the Juno

58 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

Love this mod and want to use the update, but so many parts have changed names.

TECHNICALLY none of the parts were renamed per se, their titles were changed but not their part names.

As for the the textures, it COULD have been a result of me halving their resolution. they were 4096x4096 but I dropped them to 2048x2048 in an effort to shave file size.

I have never used tweakscale on any of the parts in the past so I have no idea.

Parts were renamed... yes. The parts names "as used inside the craft files" were changed or removed and replaced with parts with the exact same dimensions and mount points. Absolutely 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Edited by TheKurgan

1 minute ago, TheKurgan said:

Parts were renamed... yes. The parts names "as used inside the craft files" were changed absolutely 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt.

What parts is KSP listing as missing?

2 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Fair enough, but at the moment they have identical name = XXXXXX in their configs, in case that actually causes any problems (I don't know, maybe one just replaces the other on load).

Just checked them all on my end, they all seem to have unique names in the Master.

1 hour ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Textures most definitely do not look like that for me; they look just fine. Are you using ATM?

I haven't used that since 1.0.5, and AFAIK it hasn't been updated since before that... Totally unnecessary now that DDS textures are standard.

I have no idea what's causing this, all other mod parts on my install are just fine.