Realism Overhaul Discussion Thread

NathanKell

@Sol Invictus could you advise if this is an issue that is already known? I searched but didn't see anything here or on RSS forum.  I've installed just the dependencies for RO from the mentioned spreadsheet.  RO works fine.  However, when I add in RSS/Kopernicus/textures, any ship I assemble will not lift off from launch pad.  It's like it is free floating(zero G).  Anyone have suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

@ikeel_u Then we need a detailed mod list and a KSP log file. Especially since the full RSS/RO/RP-0 suite is not yet updated for KSP 1.2.

For a start, you could try to install only:

• Kopernicus
  • RSS
  • RSS Textures
  • Modular Flight Integrator

and see if you still have problems. All the above mods are updated and you should have no problems.

Thanks for the directions gentlemen.  I will start from scratch this weekend and keep note of each mod version and report back if the problem persist along with my log file as Phineas suggested.  It has to be something I've done in the mod install as no one else is having the issue.

Just to be more clear what I've done so far:

Installed one copy of KSP 1.2.2 with only the RO suite from spreadsheet (works without issue)

Installed one copy of KSP 1.2.2 with only the RSS suite (works as intended)

Moved RSS files from 2nd KSP install to first KSP install containing RO mod (vehicle will not leave pad)

Tried both MFI 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 ( no change)

I'll report back after a second install attempt with required info. Thanks so much!

Gentlemen,

After I reinstalled all the files from the spreadsheet again, I now have a good working RO/RSS game.  Sorry for taking up your time; I should have done a fresh install before posting.  However, with this I can confirm a solid working status for RO with RSS.

Thanks and keep up your fantastic support of these mods.

So a few questions.

First of all, RO is one mod that houses a bunch of mods that make the game more realistic and by extension, harder, right?

Second, of all is procedural parts being updated still? Loved that mod.

Third is are all the mods on that list in a single download with realism overhaul or do I have to download each one of them one by one with realism overhaul and whatever mods it has in it?

And fourth, will it be on Ckan?

Thanks! I look forward to playing it when it is released for 1.2!

Fire

1 hour ago, Firemetal said:

So a few questions.

First of all, RO is one mod that houses a bunch of mods that make the game more realistic and by extension, harder, right?

Third is are all the mods on that list in a single download with realism overhaul or do I have to download each one of them one by one with realism overhaul and whatever mods it has in it?

Fire

1) Exactly!

2) I think so, they should be currently working on it.

3) If you now download the pre-release zip file of RO 1.2 from Github, you will not find the full collection of mods. You will have to download all of them manually.

4) I'm sure the new RO will be hosted on CKAN, but this may take some time.

Edited by VikingStormtrooper

So a few questions.

Fire

39 minutes ago, VikingStormtrooper said:

1) Exactly!

3) If you now download the pre-release zip file of RO 1.2 from Github, you will not find the full collection of mods. You will have to download all of them manually.

To add to 3 and 4, you can get the 1.1.3 RO from CKAN, and most of the mods on the list are recommended and suggested by CKAN automatically. 

3 hours ago, VikingStormtrooper said:

1) Exactly!

2 hours ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

To add to 3 and 4, you can get the 1.1.3 RO from CKAN, and most of the mods on the list are recommended and suggested by CKAN automatically. 

Alright. I am contemplating whether or not to download the RO pre-release and whatever other mods I can before it releases or stay in stock and send a huge mission to Dres. I don't know...  Dres would be tedious since I want to send a heck ton of ships there and that is going to take forever. As for RO, that is going to be another steep learning curve but it wouldn't be as gosh darn tedious. I don't know...

Fire

26 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Alright. I am contemplating whether or not to download the RO pre-release and whatever other mods I can before it releases or stay in stock and send a huge mission to Dres. I don't know...  Dres would be tedious since I want to send a heck ton of ships there and that is going to take forever. As for RO, that is going to be another steep learning curve but it wouldn't be as gosh darn tedious. I don't know...

Fire

Do both!  Just download a fresh KSP to a different location and install RO on it.

I was contemplating rolling back to 1.1.3 to use RO since I find kinda boring playing KSP without it.

However before going thru all that hassle and then RO getting release a week later, thought I'd ask here.

How's the project going? Any idea on an ETA? (please don't call me names, I know the rules, I'm politely asking, not demanding).

TY

@JeeF No need rolling back. RO for KSP 1.2.2 is in it's pre-release stage, and it's working perfectly for me. Just download the latest master from github repository, then go after dependencies. Just don't use scatterer v0.0300 with it, as it will obliterate the framerate. Scatterer 0.0256 + RSSVE is fine however.

Edited by Sol Invictus

I may have found a bug/error on the B9 part's SABRE engine or its config with RO.

The engine behaves curiously - I cannot switch between modes and am stuck in the closed cycle mode (cannot get it to airbreathing mode) - also, the fuel consumption in CC mode feels strange, like its consuming less Lqd.Ox/Lqd.H than it should.

I have experienced the aforementioned in 1.2.2 with RO plus a suite of mods - I will get back home today and try to reproduce wih only B9 + RO - I will also post this in the B9 thread.

Edited by hypervelocity

3 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

I may have found a bug/error on the B9 part's SABRE engine or its config with RO.

The engine behaves curiously - I cannot switch between modes and am stuck in the closed cycle mode (cannot get it to airbreathing mode) - also, the fuel consumption in CC mode feels strange, like its consuming less Lqd.Ox/Lqd.H than it should.

I have experienced the aforementioned in 1.2.2 with RO plus a suite of mods - I will get back home today and try to reproduce wih only B9 + RO - I will also post this in the B9 thread.

Apparently the issue might be related to the engine's RO/RF config or mode switching method/module, as has been suggested by @blowfish over at the B9 thread - I will try to reproduce the error later this evening to discard mod conflicts as the cause - will post relevant logs as well. 

Edited by hypervelocity

2 hours ago, Firemetal said:

Just another question about the modlist. I have made a duplicate of KSP to play RO on. On the google docs modlist, why are some mods highlighted yellowish orange like procedural fairings? Thanks.

Fire

This indicates that there are still some issues, or the compatibility with KSP 1.2.2 has not yet been established.

In any case, I can tell you that ProceduralFairings works in 1.2.2 (I just checked yesterday)! Instead, I have experienced serious issues with RemoteTech: as long as I had it in my RO mods collection, the game did not recognize antennas on my vehicle. I was able to place them correctly, everything seemed fine, but then I could not have probe control even at launch - exactly what happens if you have no antennas on board. After removing RemoteTech, the issue disappeared.

Alright. Thanks @VikingStormtrooper. I have finished downloading most of the mods on that list and I have a small problem. It seems in the VAB, that I get stuck on the command pod category after entering. Which mod is causing this?

Fire

By "stuck" you mean that you can't change the filter category? Do you have Filter Extensions 2.8.1.2 installed?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.