Blue Origin Thread (merged)

Aethon

7 minutes ago, Mitchz95 said:

I wonder if they'll have a camera on board and livestream it plummeting into the ocean. :P

There's no boat out there for this attempt, so they couldn't get the signal out.

54 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

There's always a chance and we have a long window!

But, really, I'll take any excuse to stay up until 1 AM over spring break!

You need an excuse to stay up till 1 AM over spring break? You aren't breaking right. :P

As for the launch, I'll try not to fall asleep (I'm also on spring break, I've just been staying up too late/getting up too early). 

4 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Has it been scrubbed for this launch window? If so, I'm going back to sleep. *yawns*

Still counting down. No confirmation of scrub so... I assume we're still on.

Fire

1 minute ago, TheEpicSquared said:
21 minutes ago, Firemetal said:

Sorry, mobile quoting problems. I can't type outside of this box for some reason, but the Youtube webcast says it starts in 6 mins...

Quoteception!

The countdown timer is to the launch, not the start of the stream. Which is a sign that it has probably been scrubbed.

Reddit says scrub, SFN says scrub.

See you all Thursday!

4 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Quoteception!

The countdown timer is to the launch, not the start of the stream. Which is a sign that it has probably been scrubbed.

Reddit says scrub, SFN says scrub.

See you all Thursday!

Yup, webcast says "Waiting for SpaceX".

Im going back to sleep

On 3/2/2017 at 8:17 AM, Veeltch said:

What if they used expendable F9 FT and use every single litre of fuel the second stage carries? AFAIK it always has some spare fuel they use to deorbit it after GTO missions. Since this would be a free-return trajectory the second stage would fly by the Moon, go back and burn in the atmosphere anyway.

I like that idea. The question is how much fuel does SpaceX always keep on reserve for the deorbit maneuver? You wouldn't need much since the Superdracos would give almost all the needed delta-v. You would just want a little more for a margin of safety.

Bob Clark

19 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

So when is the reused stage flight? By the end of March?

Yes, Still penciled in for the 27th.*

*Subject to change without notice. Terms and conditions may apply. Past performance does not guarantee future returns. Some assembly required, batteries not included. 

2 hours ago, Veeltch said:

So when is the reused stage flight? By the end of March?

Not likely. There's a Delta and an Atlas from the cape after the next falcon, and they're all jostling for position.