Airlock

SpaceX: Current missions and future plans. (Renamed thread.)

7810 posts in this topic

And an abort at T-1:21. :(

Man I knew when the Launch Director answered "stand by" when asked for final clearance @ -2:20 that they were gonna call a hold.

With only a one second window, that means we will be back again on Friday (weather permitting).

Edit:

Man I knew when the Launch Director answered "stand by" when asked for final clearance @ -2:20 that they were gonna call a hold.

I heard that and thought "Uh oh!" but since they kept going, I figured I was imagining things.

Edited by VirtualCLD

Problem with the second stage, possible launch on the 9th.

I had a feeling it wouldn't launch tonight. Don't know why I bothered when I could have watched the replay anyway.

Like i always say: Better delay than multi-million dollars fireball. Better luck 9th :)

I had a feeling it wouldn't launch tonight. Don't know why I bothered when I could have watched the replay anyway.

It's like watching a football game that you taped, when everyone else already knows the score. It's not quite the same.

Third time's a charm? Hopefully. Sadly, Elon Musk got everyone hyped up with his AMA on reddit. Of course he can't control everything but I bet he is very disappointed with this. Good luck to them on the 9th.

Scrubbed! According to NASAtv stream -examining actuator drift issue in the thrust vectoring system for stage 2.

Looking at 5:09AM EST on Friday for next attempt.

yeah, I was watching the stream too. No recovery attempt today.

Ah well, patience is a virtue I guess.

Yes, an actuator drift malfunction in the thrust vectoring control system for stage 2. The malfunction would have prevented the second stage from operating inside the launch parameters. The first stage was ready and nominal for launch. It seems there could be a few, smaller malfunctions, which are being evaluated right now. Hopefully everything will be ready for Friday (10:09 GMT).

Countdown was interrupted at T-1 minute 21 seconds. There will be no post-scrub conference.

- - - Updated - - -

The Z-actuator, according to a tweet from Elon Musk

Edited by Frida Space

NEXT LAUNCH ATTEMPT SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, JAN 10th AT 4:47 AM EASTERN (9:47 UTC, 10:47 CET)

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon arrival at the Space Station now scheduled for Monday, Jan 12th at 6 am Eastern.

NEXT LAUNCH ATTEMPT SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY, JAN 10th AT 4:47 AM EASTERN (9:47 UTC, 10:47 CET)

- - - Updated - - -

Dragon arrival at the Space Station now scheduled for Monday, Jan 12th at 6 am Eastern.

I hope that barge has flood lights on it... Gonna be landing blind (except for GPS, radar, etc). Or maybe the Falcon 9 should have landing lights.:D

EDIT: Also this is from SpaceX's twitter:

B6w1WLQCYAAXvw4.jpg

Edited by RocketPilot573
1 person likes this

I'll be in Religious class at that time (yep, that's mandatory in Italy). I guess I'll have to skip it. Sorry Jesus, but it's elon musk

well that has to be the most awesome thing I've seen today

I think you mean this year and maybe even 2014 too

I think you mean this year and maybe even 2014 too

Maybe you need to get out more? Just sayin' :)

maybe the Falcon 9 should have landing lights.:D
I believe it's equipped with several powerful "Merlin" lights :cool: