Kerbals have discovered new planet.

VincentMcConnell

During a trip out of the Solar System, Kerbals traveled for 10 years and found a new planet, far away in another Galaxy called 'The Milkyway'.

This planet seems to be in the correct place to support life, although the Kerbals are not sure if it will support intelligent life or not. Interestingly, the planet seems to be only slightly larger than eleven times Kerbin\'s size and has its own Mun in orbit. The newly discovered IL-543 is only slightly less dense than Kerbin, leading the Kerbals to believe that a gravity roughly identical to Kerbin\'s is present and holds an atmosphere slightly thinner. Future missions will be planned to land somewhere among the large land masses of IL-543 to attempt a search for life, no matter how evolved it may be.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9690.0;attach=16357;image

Intergalactic missions would take millions of years (not counting time dilation, which would reduce it, assuming a constant 1g acceleration, to ~50 years)

Is it supposed to be Earth?

Yeah, it\'s Earth, that\'s the joke.

Here comes a sad and poorly thought out excuse for the time issue. Kerbals discovered how to travel 1000 times faster than light speed...

Yeah, it\'s Earth, that\'s the joke.

Here comes a sad and poorly thought out excuse for the time issue. Kerbals discovered how to travel 1000 times faster than light speed...

My sense of humor was injured, got infected and had to be amputated after a tragic car accident

But all joking aside, Earth is 11 times kerbin\'s diameter, and immensely less dense.

My sense of humor was injured, got infected and had to be amputated after a tragic car accident

But all joking aside, Earth is 11 times kerbin\'s diameter, and immensely less dense.

Holy damn?! 11 times!?

They need to scale up Kerbin, make the Mun further away and then scale it up, too. This whole 'Kerbol has a smaller solar system' thing is no good...

It was intentionally made that small because otherwise it would take FOREVER to orbit.

It would take 90 minutes to ride an orbit. If we could warp 30 at 100 miles, it would take very little time... It takes 33.3 minutes to ride a 100KM orbit around Kerbin and you can only time warp 10.

It\'s not entirely realistic. It\'s not orbiter; it has its own kooky flavour. I\'m glad the planets are smaller-sized, to be honest.

It also makes it much easier on our computers to have the planets this size.

It would take 90 minutes to ride an orbit. If we could warp 30 at 100 miles, it would take very little time... It takes 33.3 minutes to ride a 100KM orbit around Kerbin and you can only time warp 10.

Once apon a time, when the plants were still young, there was no such thing as time warp. This would be one reason why the scale of the system was designed smaller than our own.

I would imagine changing the sizes now would cause much disruption, and in my opinion, i like the small scale, it feels right for the game.