Hello and Welcome!

Moach

Hi =)

First off, I love this game. It fills the some of void that has been left since I stopped playing Joint Strike Fighter (god I miss that game), but what it doesn't fill it makes up for by offering SPACE TRAVEL :D!

However, there's multiple glaring issues that I believe have easy fixes once you know the solutions (mods etc). Accurate building of parts, parts that doesn't hang/stick together, apparently random destabilisation etc midflight are all just issues I probably am misplaying.

I guess what I want to know, is what would be good mods to check out for this game, and how does one go about installing them?

@Alarinth Fresh meat! Fresh meat! :D

Installing mods is really easy, you just copy the mod folder to a folder named GameData in your KSP installation (sometimes you need to browse the .zip file a little to be sure which folder to copy there, since the source code might be included). As for which mods, I'd say begin here. It's a bit outdated, but it gives you a good start.

Edited by monstah
Eh... quote, what?

3 hours ago, Alarinth said:

I guess what I want to know, is what would be good mods to check out for this game, and how does one go about installing them?

Welcome! The link that monstah gave is a great list of almost all mods available. Another way to find mods is, if you have a specific idea of what you want a mod to do, you can post in add-on discussions saying "hey anyone know a good mom that does x" and people will give you links to mods that fit x. 

Hello.  Newbie here.  Working my way thru space...one explosion at a time.  Having issues with my latest build from the tutorials and don't seem to have control of my vehicle after about 22,000 meters.  I shall prevail or not......  great sim..having a ball with it so far.

On 7/2/2017 at 9:34 PM, Ja-Texas said:

Hello.  Newbie here.  Working my way thru space...one explosion at a time.  Having issues with my latest build from the tutorials and don't seem to have control of my vehicle after about 22,000 meters.  I shall prevail or not......  great sim..having a ball with it so far.

Welcome to the forums! If you're having problems with your craft, PM me with your problem.

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

I want to post an ongoing project to the mission reports. Should I put the first chapter in the first post with the introduction, and then edit it into its own post once more chapters are published, or should I just put it in a new post from the start?

Welcome aboard, @Confused Scientist!

That depends. We don't allow users to reserve posts (i.e., posting an empty box to fill in later) because they don't usually get filled in.

If you post the first chapter within ~10 minutes of posting the introduction, the forum will automatically merge the two posts into one.

If you post the first chapter >10 minutes after the introduction, or after someone else has posted, it will be in a separate post.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:48 PM, Durtle02 said:

-How hard is this game?

-How much time does it take up?

-What would you rate it?

I've played other games about rocket science such as Simple Rockets and it is extremely difficult. Does KSP give more instruction on how to build a successful ship and is it easy to understand?

try watching the utube videos by scott manley, best tutorial on building.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there!

After years of hearing about this sim, I finally took the plunge and bought it for my 27" iMac.

I'd had a lot of fun with the freeware sim Orbiter back when I had a Windows PC, years & years ago.

When I first saw KSP, I hadn't been impressed by the shapes of the components, but I just recently saw somebody's mod for the Eagle Transporter from Space: 1999, so now I'm eager to get started gathering all the coolest mods!

It's been awhile since I've done any gaming, so now I have to relearn everything, which is tough, since I'm at that age where I have trouble remembering what I did 10 minutes ago!

Any tips for an aged noob would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

I thought I remember seeing a test post thread somewhere and can't find it. Is there somewhere that helps explain how to create a poll on the forums?

EDIT: nevermind - finally worked it out. The multiple layers of post title, poll title, question title threw me for a loop.

Edited by wile1411

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, MartialSplash said:

Does anyone have a good craft file for a very maneuverable aircraft. I've experimented a bit on my own but none of them have really worked. (I play 1.3.0 in case you wanted to know) 

Greetings, @MartialSplash.  It depends on what you mean by maneuverable.  Are you interested in an all out fighter design or are you after a trainer type (slow but handles well at low altitude)?