Hello and Welcome!

Moach

Hi Guys, i know I'm not new but I've been away for 3 years.... 3 too long years from this wondrous life game :)

Getting back into the swing of things and re-living all the wonderful kerbal moments i experienced so long ago, the game has come a decent way in 3 years, the core is still the same but the improvements to the game play and feel are nice, i also like the new Kerbnet and the extra immersion it gives to the game play

As long as the whip mrs doesn't get to ratty about some late night KSP i should be around for a while and planning to continue my old "cube" based spaceship designs, might even go all out and host them eventually

Hello!

Some people may know me from the IRC channel and/or SpaceDock. I was playing the game for quite some time now, and heavily modded it. Naturally, that lead to lurking around here and on the channel, but I never got to register on the forums. Until now, that is. :D

Well, about me, there is not much to say. I am a student from Germany, and English is not my native language (though I do read and write a lot). So excuse any grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes I make, and I ask you to point me at them, so I'd do better next time.

My hobbies are Chess, KSP, sciences (I always liked physics and maths, but blame KSP for astronomy!), programming, photography... And well, that's about it. In no particular order.

I made some simple mods, more like configs for existing mods, but I never went beyond that. I know some programming languages and some image editing, so I feel like I have the resources to move on to real modding, but I never really tried - but who knows what will be in a few years?

One thing that I would like to mention as my "newcomer gift" is just a minor issue here - it always bothers me, how it says "IRC Chat" in the navigation bar. Could you change that to "IRC Channel" or something like that? :wink:

Okay, that's it, about me. Thanks for this game, which uncovers hidden interests, teaches programming and inspires people (and of course entertains!), for this forum, which does all of the above and brings people together, and for all the community made content, which keeps amazing me!

11 minutes ago, APlayer said:

Well, about me, there is not much to say. I am a student from Germany, and English is not my native language (though I do read and write a lot). So excuse any grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes I make, and I ask you to point me at them, so I'd do better next time.

Don't worry, many of us here are not of English native language, myself included. It looks like your English is pretty fine :)

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

@APlayer:

Willkommen Sie im Forum. Wir sind froh, dass du hier, also schnappt euch einen stuhl und fühlen Sie sich wie zu hause!

Seriously, my German is a little rusty, so I hope I didn't offend you too terribly much. Welcome to the forum!

Edited by adsii1970

21 minutes ago, APlayer said:

One thing that I would like to mention as my "newcomer gift" is just a minor issue here - it always bothers me, how it says "IRC Chat" in the navigation bar. Could you change that to "IRC Channel" or something like that?

Hi APlayer and welcome (though I already know you a bit from IRC). 

Changing the "IRC Chat" button has been discussed before, I believe it was decided to leave it as is as it makes it clear that it's a chat thing. File it under "Redundant acronym descriptions" beside "ATM machine" and "PIN number". :) 

11 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

@APlayer:

Willkommen Sie im Forum. Wir sind froh, dass du hier, also schnappt euch einen stuhl und fühlen Sie sich wie zu hause!

Seriously, my German is a little rusty, so I hope I didn't offend you too terribly much. Welcome to the forum!

Well, this actually includes no offense. Though, literally translated, it is not fully correct: "Welcome you in the Forums! We are glad, that you here, so get yourself a chair and feel like at home!".

Correctly, it would be: "Wilkommen im Forum. Wir sind froh, dass du hier bist, also schnappe dir einen Stuhl und fühle dich wie zu Hause!" If your only German is from years ago at school, that sounds quite good, even. Understandable, at the very least.

Danke! :)

21 minutes ago, monstah said:

Don't worry, many of us here are not of English native language, myself included. It looks like your English is pretty fine :)

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

Yes, this is a very international community. Thanks! :)

6 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Hi APlayer and welcome (though I already know you a bit from IRC). 

Changing the "IRC Chat" button has been discussed before, I believe it was decided to leave it as is as it makes it clear that it's a chat thing. File it under "Redundant acronym descriptions" beside "ATM machine" and "PIN number". :) 

Ah, that sounds legit. Still, I keep tripping over it.

Time to describe... uh, introduce myself here.

I've been playing this game for a little while, and I must say this game certainly got me hooked. That said, I'm not an aspiring astronaut, spaceflight engineer or a scrub. I'm just a gamer who's in it to play the game my own way by building some... interesting things. Like space tankers that are too heavy to liftoff from comets. Or single-stage probes with small satellites. Space stations would've been in my list as well, but their components alone are quite a handful to build, much less assembling them all together in space.

Hello!

Today I joined this mighty fine community in a more active role. As many others I lurked the forums for quite some time.

With experience reaching back to 23.5 and 640h counted steam, I might be a more extreme example of lurker...

Forgive me for that I've sined. :blush:

Edited by duesenmilan

15 hours ago, Starhawk said:

Hello @Ar-cen-ciel and welcome to the KSP Forums!

Glad to hear that you are having so much fun with the game.  You are among a group that shares your passion.  Glad to have you aboard.

Happy landings!

Thanks for your warm welcome.

As for landing, well... I'm still having problems with landing the Valkyrie spaceplane on land, let alone landing it back to the runway.

Anyway, where can I share my spaceplane... or at least the pictures?

5 hours ago, Ar-cen-ciel said:

Anyway, where can I share my spaceplane... or at least the pictures?

Well, there's

which is in the General Discussion section.  Or you could go to the Spacecraft Exchange section and start your own thread or post pics in one of the many showcase threads.
Don't be discouraged if you don't receive a lot of response right away.  There are a lot of players here who want to show off their stuff.

Happy landings!

Hello Everyone! :kiss:

A new guy here; I downloaded the demo about a month ago, bought the full game a week ago, and have been smashing rockets into Kerbin ever since!

I've been playing sandbox since I installed the software on my computer, and at the risk of coming across as boastful or arrogant, I must be honest and say I truly believe I could beat anybody on this forum at some aspects of KSP.  One particular talent I'm good at is accidentally hitting the spacebar and staging at the must awkward of moments!  If that was an Olympic sport, I'd have spent a few weeks of the summer in Brazil.

Seriously though, my first steps into KSP have been a bit of a mixed bag.  Currently "Project Pathfinder" is well underway as two probes hurl themselves towards the Mun and Minmus, but the number of crashes and failures to reach orbit to get them aloft was staggering.  I have serious issues getting my rockets to go in the right direction, but I suspect the answers to all my problems lie somewhere within the hundreds of threads on this site.

Anyway, that's enough of my mindless ramblings...

Cheers all! :D

Hello @The Flying Kerbal and welcome to the forums!

Your ramblings are very welcome among the hundreds of threads here.  And your experiences are not at all unusual.  It's hard to get everything right, but oh so satisfying when you do. :).

You are very correct that there is much help and advice to be found here.  The Gameplay Questions section can be particularly useful in that regard.

Glad to have you aboard.

Happy landings!

I have been playing KSP on Steam for over a year now. Steam says I have 1110 hours into the game so far.

I am a software dev for a living and I like building, flying, crashing copters over on FliteTest. At least here when I crash it doesn't cost me any real money. :)

Since the big upgrade 1.2, I have started all over and am re-creating my stations. In the past I got as far as manned science stations orbiting Duna and Eve. This time I am playing around with some additional mods and am building new stations using BobPalmer's USI playground.

Anyway, I figured I would quit lurking and say hey to all the fine folks here who's questions and answers have helped me launch countless expeditions into the vast beyond.

1 hour ago, Orion Kerman said:

That ruins my day but thanks anyway. I'll try and see if I can do it

Man, if that ruins your day... :confused:

Seriously, it's not that hard and there are a lot of online image hosting services that are free and have a lot of storage space. Here's a partial list:

• DropBox
  • Microsoft OneDrive
  • Imgur
  • Photobucket
  • Pintrest
  • Facebook

All you have to do is upload the image from your screenshot folder. If you are using Windows 7 or later, your screen shots can be found at one of these locations:

FOR STEAM USERS:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\119161351\760\remote\220200\screenshots

FOR NON-STEAM USERS OR THOSE STEAM USERS WHO USE <F1> TO CAPTURE SCREEN SHOTS INSIDE KSP:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Screenshots (Steam)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Program Files\Kerbal Space Program\Screenshots (or whatever your default program folder is.

Personally, I use Imgur because at one time we could embed albums. About the easiest one to use is DropBox. It is free and comes with quite a lot of space. Follow the download instructions and set up an account. Once it is set up, all you do is use the local copy with Windows File Manager. Create a folder inside it for your images, then copy (or move) the screen shots from their original folder and paste them into Dropbox. It will automatically upload your images. Give it about ten minutes for processing...

Click the desk tray icon and select "Open Website" from the menu. It will open your on-line DropBox in your default web browser. Simply find the image you want to share, then click the share link and select "FILE URL" which will show you the entire URL for the image. Copy and paste it directly into the forum post you're working on.

I hope it helps!