Hello and Welcome!

Moach

8 hours ago, TheGoldenPickaxe said:

To get new parts in career just get science... After that go to the R and D... the rest is easy. :D

Except that the post you're answering is from 2011, KSP had no career and neither R&D back then. Who asked isn't around anymore to tell what he meant, but probably was about add-on parts.

12 minutes ago, El Mongo said:

Hello. I am fairly new. I tried to download mods, using CKAN and had to delete and redownload my game. Is there any tips here on mod downloads? Got to be easy instructions as I'm no Rocket Scientist!! Thank you.

Hi Mongo , welcome to the forums, CKAN is the easiest way to do it, what issues did you run into? is best if you open a thread in the technical help sub forum before I get a slap in the hand for derailing the thread :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 3:00 PM, monstah said:

I think it's safe to say that most regular users here (myself included) have around 1000+ hours of gameplay and play mostly only KSP :wink: 

The second part, yes. The first part, well....

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

New here on the forums, I've been playing KSP for quite some time, still loving it!

A little about me, I'm a Junior at Missouri Science & Tech pursuing my bachelors and my masters in Aerospace Engineering, it's my hope that I may one day be able to do in real life what I enjoy doing in KSP (with less explosions of course)  I'm currently working on building my first model rocket from scratch, just need to cut the parachute, paint and epoxy the fins! I also enjoy making videos about video games, I've done flight sim videos in the past and some battlefield 4 videos more recently. Had to go on extended leave from video creation due to me being on satillite internet (can't play BF4/BF1 with a ping of over 800)

Good luck with all your creations!

Hi, @shadoxfilms, and welcome aboard!

It looks like we're in the same major. I'd say welcome to the club, but it looks like you joined first!

Let's be clear here- you can play with +800 ping. It gave me an excuse for being bad. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I'm an old hand at KSP, have played all the free versions back in the day but didn't have enough to get KSP when it came out. I have survived on the old free versions and demos for the past 3-4 years. Finally made a forum account, so hi everyone!

-How hard is this game?

-How much time does it take up?

-What would you rate it?

I've played other games about rocket science such as Simple Rockets and it is extremely difficult. Does KSP give more instruction on how to build a successful ship and is it easy to understand?

4 hours ago, Durtle02 said:

-How hard is this game?

-How much time does it take up?

-What would you rate it?

I've played other games about rocket science such as Simple Rockets and it is extremely difficult. Does KSP give more instruction on how to build a successful ship and is it easy to understand?

Some aspects are not so hard, but others are monsters. 

It takes up weeks and months. 

It is one of the best games I've ever played. 

It gives little instruction. You have to figure things out by trial and error. :D