[1.6.x] Distant Object Enhancement bis v1.9.1.1 (16 October 2018) - Free to a Good Home

MOARdV

Hm, CKAN seems to insist on installing astronomers pack with DOE. Perhaps I need to also install the default config?

EDIT: Yep, had to select the default config. Not before it finished downloading the 375 mb Astronomer package, though...

Edited by Mipe

Hm, CKAN seems to insist on installing astronomers pack with DOE. Perhaps I need to also install the default config?

EDIT: Yep, had to select the default config. Not before it finished downloading the 375 mb Astronomer package, though...

I don't have anything to do with the CKAN config, so I don't know why it wanted to do that.

I installed the update and I am getting a double icon over the resources icon.

Argh. *Something* changed with KSP 1.0 and the way those buttons are managed, and I spent half of yesterday trying to get it working right again, and it looks like there's still something wrong. I'll put that on my to-do pile.

Distant Object Enhancement does not play nice with Environmental Visual Enhancement. With both installed the night side textures on Kerbin get all messed up.

I've no idea which of the two is to blame.

Distant Object Enhancement does not play nice with Environmental Visual Enhancement. With both installed the night side textures on Kerbin get all messed up.

In what way messed up? I've got both installed in 1.0 and it looks fine to me.

I had the same the same problem, but check this for a fix.

DOE v1.5.5 is now live at the usual places. It contains a number of small fixes, an attempt at a fix for a bug I haven't been able to reproduce, and an option to display the DOE config button only in the Space Center from GitHub user Gribbleshnibit8View.

EDIT: Also, who uses the Distant Vessel rendering feature (not the flares, but the other one with the max distance that defaults to 750km)? I've never used it myself, and I remember there were bugs with it early in development that caused exploding vessels, so I've been thinking of removing the feature instead of possibly having to maintain it down the road. If people in general don't use it, I may deprecate it in the next release.

Edited by MOARdV
Added question

EDIT: Also, who uses the Distant Vessel rendering feature (not the flares, but the other one with the max distance that defaults to 750km)? I've never used it myself, and I remember there were bugs with it early in development that caused exploding vessels, so I've been thinking of removing the feature instead of possibly having to maintain it down the road. If people in general don't use it, I may deprecate it in the next release.

Thanks for the update.

Concerning vessel rendering feature, I always used it with 0.90 (I wasn't aware it could cause issues actually ^^ ) never had a glitch, I even set "ignore debris" to false.

I use this option again with 1.0.2 but I restarted a career from scratch, so I must have something like one debris + one probe up there for now. ^^

;)

Is it working in 1.0.2?

Of curse ^^

Also, who uses the Distant Vessel rendering feature (not the flares, but the other one with the max distance that defaults to 750km)? I've never used it myself, and I remember there were bugs with it early in development that caused exploding vessels, so I've been thinking of removing the feature instead of possibly having to maintain it down the road. If people in general don't use it, I may deprecate it in the next release.

I don't use it much either but I haven't noticed any issues from it myself

Edited by Gaiiden

I do, though I pain myself to admit that if this were nerfed or removed entirely, it wouldn't affect my gameplay substantially. I do run CactEye telescopes, though it's usually only toward T5 or T6 on the tech tree that I start actually running CactEye missions.

Also, I came here to possibly report an issue with v1.5.3, I just had a reproduceable crash on an install running a small suite of mods. To the best I can read the log, it crashed as a result of a lot of NRE spam. Since you've already migrated to 1.5.5, should I just delete these logs, or would you benefit from seeing them anyway? (I'm in the very earliest stages of a career, T3 tech, running a simple vertical launch and dead stick reentry test in an environment "simulated" by Kerbal Construction Time.)

Thanks for an awesome mod!

This is one of my favorite mods, however I am noticing a problem in 1.02 where the skybox dimmer cannot be turned off, or scaled. It's not a matter of forgetting to hit the apply button. I also have planetshine and scatterer installed. Stars are not visible when a planet's surface is in frame regardless of whether the sun is in view or not.

I need some help interpreting my own error log here. I keep crashing to desktop, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after longer. This implies to me that there's some kind of NRE overflow action going on.

In previous attempts to interpret my error log, I saw lots and lots and lots of "DistantObject" FileNotFoundException errors. I then deleted the DistantObject folder inside GameData. But the crashes continue.

Can someone help me even understand which mod is causing this, since I've uninstalled DOE? Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb4q8vxjh9ioxte/output_log.txt?dl=0

I need some help interpreting my own error log here. I keep crashing to desktop, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after longer. This implies to me that there's some kind of NRE overflow action going on.

In previous attempts to interpret my error log, I saw lots and lots and lots of "DistantObject" FileNotFoundException errors. I then deleted the DistantObject folder inside GameData. But the crashes continue.

Can someone help me even understand which mod is causing this, since I've uninstalled DOE? Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rb4q8vxjh9ioxte/output_log.txt?dl=0

DistantObject is not installed in the log you provided. I'm guessing the problem is the CactEye Telescope's DistantObjectHook.dll is trying to access DistantObject. Try removing DistantObjectHook.dll

DistantObject is not installed in the log you provided. I'm guessing the problem is the CactEye Telescope's DistantObjectHook.dll is trying to access DistantObject. Try removing DistantObjectHook.dll

It is, DistantObjectHook.dll is tied to the specific version of DOE, and will flood the logs if the wrong version of DOE is installed, or if DOE is not installed at all. DistantObjectHook.dll is only meant if both CactEye and DistantObject are installed. Right now, specifically CactEye BETA 5.2 and DOE 1.5.4.

Edited by Raven.

Holy crap, I feel silly. Upon reading this, I looked in my folder where I store downloaded mod zipfiles, and yes indeed, there was a DOE patch for CactEye. I deleted and reinstalled CactEye without the patch.

If this eliminates the problem, I'll delete CactEye and run DOE for a while, and then if that works, I'll reinstall CactEye and run them both without the patch. While also keeping an eye out for new versions of either.

Thanks man! (Seriously, that was boneheaded of me!)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.