[1.6.x] Distant Object Enhancement bis v1.9.1.1 (16 October 2018) - Free to a Good Home

MOARdV

Is it intended behavior that I must change settings in the space center every time I launch the game? Any way to set the skybox brightness to a desired level and just keep that setting, always? Manually editing the config file doesn't work; it always returns to default settings.

Is it intended behavior that I must change settings in the space center every time I launch the game? Any way to set the skybox brightness to a desired level and just keep that setting, always? Manually editing the config file doesn't work; it always returns to default settings.

It's a bug that was pointed out a couple pages back. I've made the code change, but I haven't released it yet since there are some other fixes I'd like to make, too.

I installed it but there's been no visible change. The distant object flares don't appear. As far as I know, I installed it correctly - I copied what was in the Gamedata folder to the Gamedata folder in the KSP directory. Pls halp :(

Anywho, noticed a little quirk - mouseover labels can be seen when the flare is hidden by the planet. Is this fixable or no? I don't mind either way, it's not exactly a common occurrence, I'm just wondering.

It's a feature, so you don't get lost. Yeah, that's it... :)

I haven't looked at hiding them yet - I want to get the flares positioned correctly, first (particularly for map view). Then I'll work on hiding labels on hidden flares.

I installed it but there's been no visible change. The distant object flares don't appear. As far as I know, I installed it correctly - I copied what was in the Gamedata folder to the Gamedata folder in the KSP directory. Pls halp :(

Do you have Blizzy's Toolbar installed? It's required for 1.4.0, and I assume it still is for 1.4.1 because there's no fix for this mentioned in the changelog.

• 2 weeks later...
The original thread has much nicer pictures.

So, uh... why not put those pictures in this thread? Just cut and paste:

[noparse][img=http://i.imgur.com/i6muyiI.png]
[img=http://i.imgur.com/8090EYq.png]
[img=http://i.imgur.com/mYIBwXw.png]
[img=http://i.imgur.com/VYMvQjd.png]
[img=http://i.imgur.com/Yc16ybb.png][/noparse]

• 3 weeks later...

Version 1.4.2 is now available. I reverted the camera layer change for vessel / debris flares, since they're drawing in the wrong place when on layer 10. Planets remain on L10 so they aren't affected by other mods that light the active vessel (ie. Planet Shine). 1.4.2 also includes Raven45's compatibility fix for the CactEye Orbital Telescope (although that mod might need updated as well to use the fix).

Available on GitHub, and now also on KerbalStuff.

This plugin is working on 0.90, but needs the toolbar to work... thanks for the mod!!!

Toolbar is working despite the warning it puts up (it did for me, at least). I plan on adding DOE to the AppLauncher so that Toolbar is optional.

So I don't think is actually working that well in 0.90..

In map view, the flares are drawn in the wrong place (and get further away the further out you zoom) and in flight view, they jump around a fair bit.

Example of the first problem (left to right: Moho, Duna, Eve):

ZIaks8o.png

I'll see if I can get a video of the second problem along with reproducing it on a clean install (though, all mods are 0.90 compatible).

So I don't think is actually working that well in 0.90..

In map view, the flares are drawn in the wrong place (and get further away the further out you zoom) and in flight view, they jump around a fair bit.

That's a side-effect of moving the flares to a different camera layer. I'd intended to disable them in map view, since they weren't previously visible (from what I recall), but I missed that on the last update. The flares should be closer to correct in flight - the planets are far enough away that they usually are close / close enough to where they need to be. The craft flares should have improved with the last update I released, but they may still be off.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.