NullReferenceException spam

I'm getting this endless spam to my log file about a NullReferenceException every time I load up my MKS base on minmus. The error in the log is extremely vague and seems like it's occurring in SQUAD code. I tried removing all the dll's from the mods I have installed (since removing the parts would mean the base couldn't be loaded) and the error was still there. There's two variations of the error that are being spammed:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ModuleDockingNode.<SetupFSM>m__D1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalFSM.FixedUpdateFSM () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleDockingNode.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

and

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ModuleDockingNode.<SetupFSM>m__DF (.KFSMState st) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalFSM.updateFSM (KFSMUpdateMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleDockingNode.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Log file: http://www.filedropper.com/outputlog_3

I'm on KSP 0.25, 32bit. Windows 7 x64. All AVC-enabled addons are up-to-date. Mods list:

X Science
Toolbar
USI Tools
ActiveTextureManagement
ART
ATC
AviationLights
BoulderCo
CIT
Community Resource Pack
DDSLoader
DeadlyReentry
EditorExtensions
RealRoster
EVE
FinePrint
Firespitter (just the dll from USI)
KAS
KerbalEngineer
Hyperedit
KSP-AVC
KSPLua
MechJeb2
NavHud
NavyFish docking port alignment
ORSX
PartCatalog
PlanetShine
PreciseNode
ProceduralFairings
RCSBuildAid
RealChute
RemoteTech
Science Revisited
Science Alert
SelectRoot
ShipManifest
StockBugFixModule
TacFuelBalancer
TacSelfDestruct
Tac Life Support
Trajectories
Alarm Clock
USI - FTT, Karbonite, Karbonite Plus, MKS

Kinda doubt it. If it was ATM, I'm sure a lot more people would be having this issue. There are no results on google for this error though, aside from one pastebin-type site, which is useless. And I haven't converted the resource pack files (or any of the USI files since updating) to dds. Besides I tried with ATM disabled and it still errored.

Well I found the cause. I ripped apart the base until I only had 3 lander modules left and then started pulling off docking ports. One specific "Kerbtrail Dock Port" part was doing it. As soon as I pulled it off, the error stopped. I wasn't even using them, they're just sitting on the sides of the MKS Integrated Module Base of each of my modules.

Edited by Telanor

Well I found the cause. I ripped apart the base until I only had 3 lander modules left and then started pulling off docking ports. One specific "Kerbtrail Dock Port" part was doing it. As soon as I pulled it off, the error stopped. I wasn't even using them, they're just sitting on the sides of the MKS Integrated Module Base of each of my modules.

Looks like rover dude have some fixing :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Actually this is an issue that I have heard called dockingport rot, from what I remember one of the lines for the docking module in the persistence file gets written with a bad value, as far as I know it is a stock bug and it can occur when a vessel is made up of allot of docked vessels, and is a problem that I am experiencing at the moment and that I can't seam to find the answer for. From what I recall it can be fixed by editing the persistence file, unfortunately I can't remember what specifically to look for, I had a thread on here bookmarked that dealt with it but it appears that it has been deleted :(

I have looked through all the docking modules on my station and nothing is really jumping out at me at the moment, I'm going to try deleting the docking modules from the permanently docked docking ports on my station and see what happens.

• 3 months later...

After trudging through the 'KSP minefield'.. it would seem if the MODs are mostly breaking the game, which is bad for KSP to allow this to happen.

Unity has the the NULL REFERENCE error report and I'll take a bet it's got to do with the memory leak in creating a lot of 'objects' that don't exist.

I had my game stuttering suddenly (5 FPS) and eventually after un-installing all mods.. deleting the mods leftover files (configs..ect), reinstalled mods (my backed up user as well) and the game ran perfectly again.

I'm assuming these mod config files are the problem at the moment.. If it happens again I report back..

Alright now.. I have no idea what happened to my KSP after I landed back on Kerbin.

I was doing a sub-orbital flight Abort System test, it failed anyway, but when I landed back on Kerbin. Around 12 different pieces of the rocket were floating around me. After I recovered the main part of the rocket and started on cleaning the left over debris, it would go away. Then, when I tried to click on the Tracking Station and VAB. Nothing happens...

Plus, I think after a game crash this problem started to happen. Here's one the Game Crash Log file => https://treblesketch.net/uploads/users/ilm126/ksp/output_log(2015-03-30_170000).txt

(The log error file as well, https://treblesketch.net/uploads/users/ilm126/ksp/error(2015-03-30_170000).log)

And here's what happened to me today. => https://treblesketch.net/uploads/users/ilm126/ksp/output_log(2015-03-31_141600).txt

I'm really not sure what happened DX

If you want to fix your saves after NRE spam, open them up and search for 'NaN'. Though because some of the numbers are tricky to correct, on occasion it's easier to just delete the offending vessel from the persistence file (make sure you leave no brackets behind or anything though)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.