Forum Veterans [And New Members!]: What was your first post?

Starwhip

I was planning my first manned mission to Jool, (going for the Jool 5 Challenge). I was researching different transfer vessels that other people had used. I found one built by thegab, and I thought I'd make my first post to ask him about his design:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/69666

Nice mission! I think your design is really awesome! Some questions for you..

Do you have some better pictures of your lander? Pictures of your Launcher?

You had a lot of Nuclear engines, do you think that many is needed?

How was the stability of the docked ship while thrusting? I noticed you make heavy use of the Clamp o Tron Senior, did it work well for you?

No one has responded to this day ;.;. But as you can see below, my Jool-5 transfer stage took many components from the images in "thegab's" thread.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by JedTech

My first post was about landing on Duna with chutes

I set up my staging so my last engine slows me down even as low as 8000m. My pre-chutes are out for sure, then I kill the thrust, dump the engine and lower the landing gear. There is normally enough side movement to avoid landing on the engine.

The thing I have noticed from looking back on my posts is how many times I kill a thread by being the last person to post...

EDIT :

I was planning my first manned mission to Jool, (going for the Jool 5 Challenge). I was researching different transfer vessels that other people had used. I found one built by thegab, and I thought I'd make my first post to ask him about his design:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/69666

No one has responded to this day ;.;. But as you can see below, my Jool-5 transfer stage took many components from the images in "thegab's" thread.

http://imgur.com/a/oIsN7

thank you, i like big ships.

About the nuclear engines, i would probably keep the number, but place them differently.

maybe only 4 on the return stage, and move the other 4 (2 on each tank)

So that when i undock an empty tank to gain T/W ratio, i duck 2 nukes too.

acceleration would take more time, but at a better efficiency.

Concerning stability no problem here, the clamp senior is quite strong, even with a 90° angle and 4 nukes. i didn't try with a bigger engine.

launcher is this one :

for bigger parts i use bigger launchers, some total 1000 parts, and my biggest yet is 2400 tons

http://i.imgur.com/JLcT3kU.jpg

They responded 4 days after you posted back in february...

Edited by John FX

My first post was all the way back in 0.15 about making a space shuttle:

LOL... I had some weird WTH moment for KSP 0.15.2. I was trying to get a make-shift space shuttle named "Space Shuttle I" into orbit, but I kept failing horribly.

Using the NovaPunch mod, a radial parachute mod and stock parts, I made a decent space shuttle. On my first attempt, the shuttle flew backwards and up into the air, making me eject the external fuel tank. Alas, the shuttle flipped upside down and took a nosedive straight into the ground. Bill, Jeb and Bob did not survive. :P

In my next attempt, I added two of the smallest solid boosters that I could find onto the back of the shuttle next to the tail fin. The shuttle did the exact opposite of Attempt #1. The external fuel tank clipped the launch tower and nosedived into the ground. For some odd reason the shuttle went straight through the ground and nosedived into some water underneath the Space Center. O_O

Attempt #3: I put two tail fins BUT one solid booster at the back of the shuttle. When I launched the shuttle, I got a perfect launch, that is, until I pressed the "S" key too many times. I did a vertical barrel roll and disconnected the external fuel tank. The "Space Shuttle I" nosedived into the ground (again) and everything exploded. I raged quit and went to get ice cream to eat. D:<

That gives me an idea...

• 2 weeks later...
I believe my first forum post was me asking how to install KSP Interstellar. Unfortunately, I can't find the thread anymore. :(

Just go look in your profile and sort your posts from the oldest to the newest.

EDIT: Advanced research works too.

(snip)

Q6tceXr.png

Edited by mrrpamplemousse

Well, the first post I made was in the Orion Launch thread earlier this week. Need to figure out how to post images still, but I had intended to add an edited view of Bill, Bob and Jeb in the corner of one of the digital animation views.

But the first thread that I really remember was a page for a mod with an absurd number of absurd engines mostly. Engine nozzles thirty meters tall, brightly painted purple, or designed to look like warp nacelles. It was, interesting, strange, and a fun bit of exposure to what could be done with the game, so I came back. I imagine it was lost in the Great Kraken Attack of April, and I do not recall seeing it again.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I made my first post.

bmullins0118 said:
Man what a perfect timing! Just last night I was selling a ton of Steam inventory items, to be able to afford the $30 price.

I only managed to scrounge up $23.44, however the sale has brought it down to just $22.49!

Thanks!

Edited by bmullins0118

My first post was a thread with the following heading. This was about the time the logo-design competition was wrapping up.

"Since the logo contest has been resolved (congratulations to the winners- whoever they may be), I was thinking we could start a new thread for everyone else to post their logos. That way we can look at everyone's great ideas despite them not making it into the game! I'd start it off with one of my own but this is the first time I've ever used an internet forum and I don't know how to pictures."

I think one person replied.

I can't access my first post because it, along with many others, got deleted.

Edit: I just wasn't using the right search method, here it is:

How am I supposed to download this? From what I know(very little) you need more than the model and the config file.
Edited by StarVision

If I am not mistaken, it was a post to show off my rovers in one thread. Picture were not into jpeg and took far too much space, heh.

I had a Spirit/opportunity rover (really really good rover) and some other random mun large rover (which I upgraded with time to be as good as the smaller one, it has 2 more set of wheels and is at least 5x better).

I love driving rovers in this game, dunno why. When I really get going into 0.90 science mode, I'll have my work cut out for me.

Ah found the original post : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24533-Show-off-your-awesome-KSP-pictures%21?p=862246#post862246

Edited by Francois424

My first post is my company thread, started on 1/16/2012. Still edited and updated today.

I saw KurtJMac playing KSP 0.13, got jazzed, immediately bought KSP (which cost $10 at the time) and started exploring.

Edited by segaprophet