[WIP] The Cities of Kerbin (Hex Blocks)

Eskandare

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If you were planning to make something for this, you might as well get started, it's all simple blender and gimp work. The precise specs of the hex plates don't matter.

I think real life is more important then bringing out a mod

Hey guys... it's been hectic. I've been focused on real life crap for a bit and only had little time to keep Thermal Nuclear updated. I have Oceania for Kerbin Side to update and this project which is being made along side "Mounds" and the tentative "Pads" mod for Extraplanetary Launchpads also "EBM" (Electron Beam Melter) a smaller and more manageable set of models for EL. So, my plate is full. I make a few parts whenever I can. Sadly I don't get paid for modding. If I did, I could do this full time and put some cool stuff out there.

Be patient, my work has not been forgotten.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you want I could help with 3d modelling as long as you tell me what to do, I know how to use Blender pretty well now and also how to make textures

Though I don't have that much free time so don't expect me to build a whole city in a day, also I can't make any cfg or unity thingy with my current knowledge and I don't speak of C coding

Hi everyone, I put this on the back burner for the moment. It hasn't been forgotten, I'm waiting for 1.1 to be released and I'm redesigning the setup, again. I'm currently finishing Thermonuclear Turbines and planning out a ship mod. A few old assets I made for Kerbin Side are being reconstructed. 

On 3/26/2016 at 9:59 AM, Falco01 said:

If you want I could help with 3d modelling as long as you tell me what to do, I know how to use Blender pretty well now and also how to make textures

Though I don't have that much free time so don't expect me to build a whole city in a day, also I can't make any cfg or unity thingy with my current knowledge and I don't speak of C coding

You're always welcome to contribute.

2 hours ago, martinezfg11 said:

I've always wanted a heliport..

That is certainly an idea, I'll look into adding that to my to-do list,

1 minute ago, Falco01 said:

Just tell me what you want me to do 

Buldings, roads, geometry, whatever you feel like you can contribute. Meanwhile, I'm currently updating Oceania for KerbinSide, Minus the Carrier because it will now be made derivable and has had its mesh cleaned up.

I plan on developing the rest of this once I have a few of my Cities of Kerbin cities completed. My new plan is that I will be developing this as a sister to my two larger cities Jool and Duna (ok Village of Duna isn't really large) Pictures soon, I don't have any textures on my meshes right now. The modular hex block city system is going to use some of the lager city assets. 

Just now, Falco01 said:

Anything I should know before getting started ?

Nothing at the moment, just think city. I currently have a bridge, road blocks, street lights, trees, streets... working on buildings...

2 minutes ago, Falco01 said:

That I can do easily, I'll avoid using too high poly models, can I use bmp for more details ?

Low poly is good

Edit: Look at Kerbin Side for example.

Edited by Eskandare