KOSMOS 3/14/2015 RD-170 Family Released!

@tomasantony  Funny!  I am just today playing with URM engines myself.   First off I have the latest plugin from @MOARdV  but it is obviously for an older release and is as the notes state, limited, in what it can do.    I do have updated data entered in my test build for all the engines, as well as many engine variants (same models) that were not covered (RD-151 for example.)   And no, what I have right now can not be released (the license.)   

I am however making headway on the engines (the only part I actually care about sadly.)   I still find these to be the best looking and most authentic working Russian engines in the game.   Unfortunately no gimbal on my first test flight (just finished.)  If I can get things to work... I will update.     Back to Testing

Ok so testing complete.   Single Bell engines NOT of RD-170 decent (IE the NK-33, etc) seem to work fine.  All the RD-170 engine family have no gimbal... Except wait.  I DID get the RD-180 to Gimbal.... ONCE

Here is what I did;   Disabled Gimbal in the VAB.

Once I was on the Pad I opened all the "Triggered tweakables,"  DE-Selected BOTH Gimbal commands, De Selected Pitch,Yaw and Roll,  Then I reversed my process and Viola!  I had a working Gimbal....  Right until I Krakkened the Universe...   Love a Rocket that has no planets to orbit around.

On 8/19/2016 at 3:57 PM, tomasantony said:

Sounds like you're onto something @Pappystein. Keep me posted. Still trying to get the deploy animations running for the nozzle extensions.... but not getting far....

You can use the BDanimationModule to do that.

Example: IUS second stage from @raidernick's pack

MODULE
{
	name = AnimatedEngine
	EngineAnimationName = e_bell
	WaitForAnimation = 0.73
}

When I used KOSMOS I added this patch to the RD-0146 engine

3 hours ago, CardBoardBoxProcessor said:

This is still kicking huh.. weird. i have the models any junk if anyone is interested. 

there is already a new thread posted for this. I updated the stuff using the unity project you sent me a while ago. This thread is still going because the mods won't lock the thread without the original authors consent.

New thread is here:

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2016 at 0:52 PM, CardBoardBoxProcessor said:

This is still kicking huh.. weird. i have the models any junk if anyone is interested. 

Huh, Wonder how I missed this.   I was TRYING to get the RD-170 engine family to run but the models themselves need to be rebuilt to reduce complexity... to avoid Krackening things.    I am currently using the RD-183 3bell engine fine since it does not gimbal.     What Raidernick posted above is a link to a thread for the Kosmos space station revival.  There is no Kosmos Rocket reboot.  Just the space station.  @CardBoardBoxProcessor, I would love any of the Rocket parts you have.    I will try to re-vitalize the engines but I am no model maker so I won't promise anything.

On 12/12/2016 at 10:13 AM, Pappystein said:

Huh, Wonder how I missed this.   I was TRYING to get the RD-170 engine family to run but the models themselves need to be rebuilt to reduce complexity... to avoid Krackening things.    I am currently using the RD-183 3bell engine fine since it does not gimbal.     What Raidernick posted above is a link to a thread for the Kosmos space station revival.  There is no Kosmos Rocket reboot.  Just the space station.  @CardBoardBoxProcessor, I would love any of the Rocket parts you have.    I will try to re-vitalize the engines but I am no model maker so I won't promise anything.

This would be great to have back.  I always wanted to work with these engines and tanks but was so busy with so many mods that I never got around to "really" playing with them.  Looking forward to this possible patch/update.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Raider, I read just a few posts above that Cardboard had all of the original models.  Do you think you could drop in a link to the old tanks please.  I see we have the engines, or at least most of them.  Would be really great to have the tanks to match.  Like I said before, I never had the time to get to these, back around .16 and would love to have that chance again.  Either way, thx for picking up as much slack as you have, I'm still only using your probes for 90% of my networks.  Little tweaking here and their and they have been servicing my play through's since the start of Remote Tech.  Speaking of, do you guys remember the little exp. plane/drone that Remote Tech had for a few releases.  That was an awesome probe.  I used that to survey atmo landing sites.  Miss that little bugger.

Thx man, appreciate the effort.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

This original thread for the mod has been dead for a long time, as the original author hasn't been maintaining it for a few years now.  Accordingly, locking the thread to prevent further confusion.

The good news is that the mod's still alive, and being maintained under new management!  :)

If you're still interested in the mod, you may wish to follow along over there.

As for this thread:  @CardBoardBoxProcessor, if you're ever around and would like to continue this thread of yours, please just let us know and we're happy to unlock it again for you.  Easiest way is to just report this post, with a note that you're back and would like it unlocked.  Thanks!