Fresh start with new KSP and terrain, what mods?

ColdFire75

???

One of the best thing about KSP is all the mods, and I now want to start a fresh space program with a good and coherent set of mods. So what do people think is a good mix?

I\'m thinking Cart and MechJeb for certain, and my tweaked version of the solar panel mod, maybe C7. The bit I get stuck on is the main rocket kit, I find Skilisko Edition 2 seemed wobbly when I used it, but when I last used NovaPunch I found there was a big mix of parts that didn\'t look great together, and there were simply to many. What\'s a good pack, or set of packs to base my new space program on?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts :)

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I really like the KW Challenger pack for my rockets, C7 for the planes, and selected bits and pieces of NovaPunch to connect everything. Also, Gaby\'s pack for more bits and pieces.

I go for C7 for planes, Silisko Edition for rockets, Probodobodyne for satellites, and BACE for landers...

Is it only me that finds Silisko Edition really wobbly then? =/

Silisko had a problem with ASAS tuning and engine gimbals... don\'t know if he ever managed to solve it. And most of the mods I tried were more wobbly than stock; it\'s the reason why I abandoned most of them. I suppose that these work very well when you make rockets in the style of the designer, but aren\'t tested against all possible configurations at thoroughly as stock.....

Are you using the old version or the new alpha? I\'m having no problems with the current version; radical boosters cause a bit of rolling, but it\'s nothing a stock strut per booster can\'t fix-unlike something like novapunch, which can need dozens of modded struts per rocket.