Project Alexandria: a history of spaceflight done in Real Solar System

Felbourn

OK cool and also if you haven't done it yet, consider downloading the latest updates all of the mods have had their animation modules replaced by firespitter. This fixes the long standing MAJOR fps issues caused by the stock animation module on all parts that have them.

I'm on these:

US_Probes_Pack_-_Old_and_New-0.28.5

RN_Soviet_Probes_v0.97

I don't know if you thought about this. I mean since you are past the events in your timeline I guess you are just focusing on rocketry. However have you considered the importance of the X-1-X-15 even the x-24a in terms of how they were significant to the early days of nasa or naca. Like I said its a little late now based on where you are in the timeline but it would be cool. Obviously there aren't exactly historical part mods for classic space planes or any high fidelity replicas of historical planes like there are with FASA, babcat, raidernick, and more. So now that i think of it thats probably why.

I don't know if you thought about this. I mean since you are past the events in your timeline I guess you are just focusing on rocketry. However have you considered the importance of the X-1-X-15 even the x-24a in terms of how they were significant to the early days of nasa or naca. Like I said its a little late now based on where you are in the timeline but it would be cool. Obviously there aren't exactly historical part mods for classic space planes or any high fidelity replicas of historical planes like there are with FASA, babcat, raidernick, and more. So now that i think of it thats probably why.

Somebody fix this issue, please... :P

My series is about things that went above the Karman Line, or things that directly impacted something else that went above the Karman Line. I included the V2 because it was the first. I included Goddard's rocket because it fit the second criterion of affecting things that went above the line. The X-15 did not cross the line until 1963, so you may not see it until that year of my series. I would need to come up with a direct James Burke style Connection to include it earlier. I have not ruled it out, but I have not come up with that Connection yet either.

Edited by Felbourn

My series is about things that went above the Karman Line, or things that directly impacted something else that went above the Karman Line. I included the V2 because it was the first. I included Goddard's rocket because it fit the second criterion of affecting things that went above the line. The X-15 did not cross the line until 1963, so you may not see it until that year of my series. I would need to come up with a direct James Burke style Connection to include it earlier. I have not ruled it out, but I have not come up with that Connection yet either.

AHHHH ok that makes sense! FYI well done with the series I really find myself looking forward to it every week. You do such a great job at recreating not only missions but creating beautiful replicas. Just to push my point one last time, mainly because I want to see what you can do with the spaceplanes. If you plan on going all the way to the space shuttle which it looks like you may. The X-24-HL10 were extremely influential to the development of the space shuttle. Again just fruit for thought, its not my series and what you are currently doing is incredible.

AHHHH ok that makes sense! FYI well done with the series I really find myself looking forward to it every week. You do such a great job at recreating not only missions but creating beautiful replicas. Just to push my point one last time, mainly because I want to see what you can do with the spaceplanes. If you plan on going all the way to the space shuttle which it looks like you may. The X-24-HL10 were extremely influential to the development of the space shuttle. Again just fruit for thought, its not my series and what you are currently doing is incredible.

Thanks.

Now you're looking at the 70s. It sounds like you're worried I won't do "plane things" or that if I do then they will be far in the future. I would not worry about me never doing planes, but to get them soon we need a near-term Connection. The issue you're facing is how long it will be before I can do planes. The X-1 major events (sound barrier, etc) are in the past relative to my show's current date of 1959, and the X-15 is many many weeks into the future. There just isn't a way I have seen yet to include planes "soon" and while the X-24 may show up some day, it's certainly not appropriate before its maiden flight.

Thanks.

Now you're looking at the 70s. It sounds like you're worried I won't do "plane things" or that if I do then they will be far in the future. I would not worry about me never doing planes, but to get them soon we need a near-term Connection. The issue you're facing is how long it will be before I can do planes. The X-1 major events (sound barrier, etc) are in the past relative to my show's current date of 1959, and the X-15 is many many weeks into the future. There just isn't a way I have seen yet to include planes "soon" and while the X-24 may show up some day, it's certainly not appropriate before its maiden flight.

Oh I totally trust your judgement! I was just wondering if you were going to delve into the x-planes at all. You answered that and more. I have patience don't worry about that either. However I am just excited to see how you plan on doing these things. What I love about your videos is that where people get frustrated and give up, it seems you thrive and make amazing things. So again I am just excited to see how you are going to recreate the flights.

I have put a plane in my next episode. And by the way... this next episode is freaking awesome if I say so myself. I think it's my best yet. Start the train.

http://i.imgur.com/XeMqLcW.png

Will do. You tackling aerodynamics? That will be a sight to behold, I don't think I have ever seen you use the SPH. And you know, that is my stuff, if you need any advice and/or help.

Rune. Keep 'em coming!

• 4 weeks later...

Mini-series spin-off from Alexandria... Project Enterprise. I know I'll need to spend a lot of time working on the shuttle I will use some day, and I'd rather spread that time across a few weeks than lose an entire week making one Shuttle video. This new series will document the two hours per week that I will be spending on my next shuttle.

I went to a Super Bowl party most of the day so Alexandria did not get finished, again. I'll see if I can get the episode out mid-week.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like I forgot to link the previous episode in here though...

I went to a Super Bowl party most of the day so Alexandria did not get finished, again. I'll see if I can get the episode out mid-week.

NOOOooo!! My whole Monday evening youtube schedule messed up ;-) Can't wait for the next episode.

Hope the Superbowl results turned out favourably.

BTW, Felbourn, you'll probably wan't to use QuickSearch for your Alexandria install. It allows you to quickly search through all your parts by name. Also, QuickScroll is also really, really useful. Both mods are available here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/95168-0-90-Malah-s-Quick-mods-Added-QuickContracts-v0-10-2015-01-27

BTW, Felbourn, you'll probably wan't to use QuickSearch for your Alexandria install. It allows you to quickly search through all your parts by name. Also, QuickScroll is also really, really useful. Both mods are available here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/95168-0-90-Malah-s-Quick-mods-Added-QuickContracts-v0-10-2015-01-27

I need my Alexandria fix!!

I just finished launching the first Mercury Redstone. It was the last flight of 1960 and so my filming is now done. I need to lay the final tracks in the editor, narrate a little more, set up the music track, bake it all, rewatch it all to make sure there were no mistakes, upload to YouTube, and then it'll be in your hands. :) All that is about 3-4 hours so it's unlikely to be ready before Saturday morning. With it being so close to Monday by then, I would probably hold it for a normal Monday release. I think I'll also have another Shuttle episode for mid next week too.

And my Monday is made. Thanks Felbourn, can't wait to chill out and watch this.

Edit: My favorite episode yet Bob thanks so much for doing this. Love the fact that your starting to get into the real heat of the space race. I see that your using a new higher resolution texture for the Earth? Seems so anyway. Looks great. Hope one day you can incorporate Pingopete's RVE.

Edited by Motokid600

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.