I have found it!! - THE ORIGINAL KERBO LOG!

Moach

last night, i was looking over some of my and harvesters old drawings - and i found it!

nope - this ain't no april fools gag - it's the real deal!

i present, the true birthplace of the kerbal kind, the very fist documented set of (highly unsuccessful) missions -- THE ORIGINAL KERBO LOG!!

eRsXwC6.jpg

this was drawn by harvester himself, just over a decade ago (yeah, kerbals had been around for a while before they were put in a game) - he went by the alias 'The Shadow' back then, but you can see the similarity to the sketchwork on the KSP credits screen :thumbup:

anyways - this is also the real reason why the message 'KIA' appears on the crew monitors when they die, a lot of other subtle historical influences such as this have made it into the game as well - notice the first few recorded kerbonauts names ::)

again, todays date undermines my credibility - so let's have harvester vouch for this, where is he?

anyways, just thought i'd share a little of bit of recently rediscovered kerbal history

:cheers:

Edited by Moach
reuploaded image

Wow, I\'m amazed that still existed!

That\'s no April fool\'s gag there, it\'s the real deal. :)

I had completely forgotten about that 'log' though. I guess those ideas were stored in a pretty deep place in my brain.

And yeah it was just over 10 years ago. We were 17 at the time. Lots of free time :D

Awesome find there!!

Cheers

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Love the names of the kermans. Its great to see how it came into being. Thanks moach for putting it up.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I\'m going to log my missions on paper in a similar style from now on. Love it. Were these home-made rockets?

Yep (or at least thats how the story goes).

those were dangerously home-made rockets.... seriously, you know how kerbals die in horrible fiery violence aboard those things? - yeah, now you definitely wouldn\'t want that happening in your hand, right? :P

now, i think it goes without saying, but never hurts to insist, so repeat after me:

I WILL NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

you\'ve been warned :thumbup:

those were dangerously home-made rockets.... seriously, you know how kerbals die in horrible fiery violence aboard those things? - yeah, now you definitely wouldn\'t want that happening in your hand, right? :P

now, i think it goes without saying, but never hurts to insist, so repeat after me:

Does this apply if we have already tried it?

Because of this thread I\'ve tried to create a small rocket from a bottle and an airpump.

The idea was for the airpump to pump air into the bottle until the bottle shot into the air.

It ended with me braking the air-pump D:

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.