I have found it!! - THE ORIGINAL KERBO LOG!

Moach

woah, this is too cool. Gold mine. I still have a picture of my first plane in KSP, made out of C7 parts and an old tinfoil Ion engine. It's gone from KSP (ive switched computers twice now) but the hardcopy print remains. I love this game.

• 5 weeks later...

Resurrecting ;). I've definitely seen this before, but I haven't appreciated it until now and hearing about the models rockets from Squadcasts and other vocal interviews. For those of you who look at this, you're awesome.

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Gurrr haven't messed up "you're" in a long time

Resurrecting ;). I've definitely seen this before, but I haven't appreciated it until now and hearing about the models rockets from Squadcasts and other vocal interviews. For those of you who look at this, your awesome.

His/her awesome what?

I had to. Sorry.

I love the reminder that KSP has at its roots actual model rocketry. My 6th grade class would assemble model rockets and launch them outside the school. The janitor had the pleasure of fetching a number of them off the school roof. Those things are amazing.

My 6th grade class would assemble model rockets and launch them outside the school. The janitor had the pleasure of fetching a number of them off the school roof. Those things are amazing.

Lucky! My school district neglects astronomy and rocketry as being important sciences. :|

Anyways, these original drawings are really cool! It's those early days of KSP --those before the game existed-- that really fascinate me. Who would've known that such a little idea could turn into such a huge game and incredible community?

Lucky! My school thinks being able to tell Jupiter from mars is GCSE level and no-one knows the difference between astrology and astronomy.

So true. 5 years of physics lessons and only TWO of them were related to Space in any way. And even then, it was just memorizing the planets and briefly covering the life cycle of stars... :(

• 5 weeks later...

Is that a Sara Kerman in the final crew? (ducks and covers)

And why are all the pilots "n/a" yet "KIA?" Does that mean there werepilots, they just didn't have names? From the picture I get the impression they were just stuck onto the engine (this must be where the idea for the EAS-1 came from). :P

Seriously, awesome post. It reminds me, someone should make a vid of KSP to the soundtrack from October Sky. Or vice versa.

"And now begin the explosions. Followed by a light salad."

this drawing should be in a building somewhere at KSP center :)

Absolutely. They could have some interns standing around a chalkboard with those drawings on it, perhaps in a corner of the VAB or something. :)

Edited by NecroBones

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I saw this a few months ago top :). I just noticed that the first rocket that worked successfully was called the "Kerbal X". Awesome job making it into a stock rocket! I love discovering the little bits of history or secrets in games :). Nice touch.

Reminds me of how I can hop on to my original Minecraft world and recognize little things I hid there three years earlier...

Edited by Avera9eJoe

how about... here:

Sqvq0SH.jpg

(Note to be clear: this is not in-game, I hacked it into this image, as a suggestion. Its so small and unreadable, that you either know what it is - or it just looks like a note on the wall.)

Edited by basic.syntax

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.