[1.0.5] Adjustable Landing Gear v1.2.0 (mass/cost scaling, tech nodes, drag) - May 30

BahamutoD

I'd watch how the gear part is being attached to the craft. There are some teeny little issues with surface attachment on curved surfaces where not only can to get slightly out of the straight vertical alignment, but the part itself can also become slightly twisted one way or the other. You might attach it to a flat surface on the craft and use an offset to get it into position... which I just remembered is probably not possible in stock. I use the offset unlimiter mod (brain can't recall the exact mod name) personally, which helps a lot.

Either that, or you're getting inconsistent braking from other parts of the landing gear, such as one of the back gears, causing it to pull the craft to one side.

Well it does not happen with the stock landing gear Gaalidas ( stock in front modded ones in the back it only happens with modded one in front ) I'll have a look at attached point

I will also have a go with spring constant as blowfish said

I was however under the impression that model of the wheel from the mod is asymetric , no?

EDIT: I can confirm the problem is due to the wheel collider/model being asymetric ? , I used the offset tool to correct this and I have reduced a lot the veeering

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by brusura

That would be a superb improvement for these already-great gears. Any angle/rotation for the gear bay, then the wheels can align forward from there. Retro-future had some great horizontal gear bays, but sadly way out of date.

Retro future works. At least the landing gear. Just a few prop engine's smoke effects, and some attachment nodes, need fixing.

Oh, that's encouraging! -- The gear could even be used by themselves.

Yeah....only things wrong are that the engines are a little OP, some of the propellers have broken smoke/sound effects, and a few of the parts have backwards attachment nodes.

@Victorsaurus, do you have firespitter plugin installed ?

If you have, it will alow you to show align gudelines, so you can easy visualy adjust aligment of wheels. You don't need all firespitter parts, just plugin to get this feature working. No special key binding is needed for this mod.

Love this mod.

My only complaint: The smallest adjustable landing gear taken to it's smallest settings is still not as small as the stock starting landing nose gear.

My main issue is with the biggest gears - they don't extend very far, which can be an issue for mid-wing designs. I end up using the stock ones instead, and the adjustable ones under the nose to get the things even.

I do love that idea of the wheels being able to rotate to align forward, though. That'd make a huge difference for some of the tapered hulls. :)

My ALG has suddenly decided to remove all functionality apart from the alignment guide. Not even additional info in the part selector, thats gone too

That happened to me as well, I'd forgotten to copy over the BahaSP folder that has the BD animation plugin fr4om my old 1.0.4.

Would it be possible for us to get super short landing gear, or a negative gear extension? Scaling them down repeatedly gets a bit annoying after a while especially since the wheels keep reducing in size, sometimes to a point where their size is unrealistic.

What happened to steering on these landing gear? It seems to be missing.

EDIT: Figured it out, that stupid CKAN has a bad copy of BDAnimationModules. I don't know why I started using that dumb program. Edited by Alshain

So I am having technical issues with this mod (as well as other customizable mods). I see three different landing gear parts but none of them allow me to change or adjust anything about them nor do they roll at all in their unmodified state. I have the latest version for 1.0.5 and its in the correct game data folder. What could be wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gilflo said:

What's the bug that make wheels vanish in ground ?

970269screenshot93.png

It's a stock issue, or it used to be. it has nothing to do with the mod, if you take the stock landing gear and retract them, then extend them again, if the gear body is close enough to the ground, the stock wheel will pass through the ground, before the wheel collider becomes 'live' and you end up with wheel in the ground.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2015, 8:22:05, Alshain said:

What happened to steering on these landing gear? It seems to be missing.

EDIT: Figured it out, that stupid CKAN has a bad copy of BDAnimationModules. I don't know why I started using that dumb program.

This happens quite often with CKAN it seems, but the problem as I understand it is because the mod repository is mainly community maintained and not by the mod's own devs.  Last I checked Ferram won't even offer support if you installed any of his mods with CKAN.

1 hour ago, Castun said:

This happens quite often with CKAN it seems, but the problem as I understand it is because the mod repository is mainly community maintained and not by the mod's own devs.  Last I checked Ferram won't even offer support if you installed any of his mods with CKAN.

Yeah, I've completely quit using it now.  I thought it would be easier but It's nothing but trouble.  I would recommend to anyone to not use CKAN and just let the stupid thing die.

Edited by Alshain

18 hours ago, Alshain said:

Yeah, I've completely quit using it now.  I thought it would be easier but It's nothing but trouble.  I would recommend to anyone to not use CKAN and just let the stupid thing die.

I've just taken a "trust, but verify" stance with CKAN -- which essentially has me manually managing my mods again. CKAN only provides the quick-install feature. ;)

And, to keep this on-topic: If I could have only one landing gear mod on a desert island, *THIS* would be the one! :D

Edited by Beetlecat