[Suggestion] Multiple Orbiting Celestial Objects in Kerbins Gravatational Field.

I was thinking about adding more than just the Mun near Kerbin. I was thinking something like a small asteroid or spherical body about 1/3 the size of the mun. further out than the mun is. The reasoning behind this? Training at going further distances and landing on an object with much less gravity than we have gotten used too. it would make for more variety of missions than we can currently do. Also I would suggest having its orbit reversed to the muns, for diversity and so the mun can effectively be used as a staging point, again making things interesting. I would hope for things like this even in the final with the whole solar system, because it makes kerbin\'s AO more interesting and playable. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Like it hate it?

No clue if asteroids will be added but planets will but lets focus on get docking working to make trips like these worth it. Anyway shouldn\'t this be Dev section?

shoot, i thought it was... :o well darn, I don\'t think I can move it can I?

And in response to what you said. I wasn\'t meaning this to be .15 imminent but maybe .16 .17. something for us to get while they work out tougher, longer things...throw the dogs a bone while you get their food ready I guess.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

shoot, i thought it was... :o well darn, I don\'t think I can move it can I?

And in response to what you said. I wasn\'t meaning this to be .15 imminent but maybe .16 .17. something for us to get while they work out tougher, longer things...throw the dogs a bone while you get their food ready I guess.

Ask a mod to get it moved. And with .15 and the possiblity for EVA\'s in .16 (I don\'t know where I got it from, so don\'t regard it as fact), I think the team has there work cut out for them in the next few updates. Bear in mind that these will be back in the 4 week scheduel (more like aim but oh well), I think that this isn\'t needed until they put in the rest of the solar system. And the idea of throwing a dog a bone while you get the food ready isn\'t quite true. This would be quite big for a game with two landable objects, and trust me, its not like your just loading a model into the game scene, your also having to incode the path of the object, and everything else, so it would be pretty significant.

Ask a mod to get it moved. And with .15 and the possiblity for EVA\'s in .16 (I don\'t know where I got it from, so don\'t regard it as fact), I think the team has there work cut out for them in the next few updates. Bear in mind that these will be back in the 4 week scheduel (more like aim but oh well), I think that this isn\'t needed until they put in the rest of the solar system. And the idea of throwing a dog a bone while you get the food ready isn\'t quite true. This would be quite big for a game with two landable objects, and trust me, its not like your just loading a model into the game scene, your also having to incode the path of the object, and everything else, so it would be pretty significant.

eh the path would be easy enough with the rail orbit system. and due to its smaller size (at about 1/2 or 1/3 of muna) it would be too bad. Hoping for it in the near future.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.