[Showcase] Show off your Launch Vehicles!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
[quote name='turtlebiscut']Could you post pictures of other launchers in that family? I'm quite curious what a smaller Neptune X would look like:sticktongue:[/QUOTE]

Here's the Neptune A:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hZ739XA.png[/IMG]

The Neptune series were basically Saturn V derived rockets. The Neptune A, B, C, and X all use the same five engine setup in the core stage the defines the rocket family.

[URL="https://files.secureserver.net/0sZZQMKujgHVgt"]Omega 7[/URL]

[url=http://imgur.com/hIkv7uv][img]http://i.imgur.com/hIkv7uv.png[/img][/url]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mBiaYNF.png[/IMG]

Launcher with Space Station "Omega 7"

All Stock 1.0 Version
Launch at your on Risk, Boosters will be exploding during it's ascent and control is not good but I managed to put my Space Station in Kerbin Orbit. Lagging became an issue so refueling or any visits are not going to be attempted any further.

Engineer's Report
Parts:1433
Mass:4,343.1t
Size
Height:80.7m
Width:30.4
Length:26.8

Pilots & Crew Capacity 61 Kerbals, Kermans Only

1 each
MK1 Lander Can

10 each
PPD-12 Cupola Module

6 each
Service Bay
1.25m

10 each
PPD-10 Hitchhiker Storage Container

10 each
Service Bay
2.5m

5 each
Mobile Processing Lab
MPL-LG-2

4 each
ISRU Converter

30 each
Fuel Cell Array

18 each
Large Holding Tank

6 each
Small Holding Tank

36 each
PB-X750 Xenon Gas Tank

12 each
FL-R1 RCS FUEL TANK

42 each
Advanced Reaction Wheel Module, Large

6 each
Rockomax HubMax Mulit-Point Connector

12 each
Rockomax X200-32 Fuel Tank

6 each
Kerbodyne S3-3600 Tank

6 each
Kerbodyne S3-7200 Tank

24 each
Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank

54 each
S1 SRB KD25k "Kickback" Solid Fuel Booster Edited by castille7

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

The "Discovery 1." Best launch vehicle to date. Only 5 Kerbals have perished, and it has enough D-V to get into an orbit around the Mun.

Hey welcome to the forums.

When bragging about your crafts it is customary to provide pics

16 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I wish I could. I have a couple screenshots that I can't upload. :(

If you get an imgur account, you can upload the images there, then insert them using the "insert other media" thing in the bottom right of the post window.

My Ares V replica can take 30-45 tons to orbit (depending on launch profile and aero factors), is easy to fly, and really part efficient (it's less than 30 parts).

FUv0i87.png

46 minutes ago, Servo said:

If you get an imgur account, you can upload the images there, then insert them using the "insert other media" thing in the bottom right of the post window.

My Ares V replica can take 30-45 tons to orbit (depending on launch profile and aero factors), is easy to fly, and really part efficient (it's less than 30 parts).

FUv0i87.png

Do you NEED a imgur account to post screenshots? 

Nice rocket BTW. 

• 6 months later...

This thread is kind of old but the topic is still relevant so I feel like there is not much point in starting a new identical thread.

I'd like to present the Raven V. Largest in the Raven series of launch vehicles, the Raven V has two launch configurations: with a standard R5 upper stage, the Raven V can transport around 105 tonnes to LKO; alternatively, the Raven V can be used to launch the R5-B, which is an augmented R5 designed for use as a modular interplanetary propulsion module. The R5-B uses more efficient engines at the cost of lower thrusts, and has an integrated truss structure that can contain a small payload or an extra fuel tank (both of which must be launched separately).

Below: a Raven V with R5-B upper stage. The central core actually reaches orbit with this configuration, but is pushed back to a sub-orbital trajectory by separation motors when jettisoned.

RyYJNBQ.jpg

The R5-B is pictured below. The standard R5 looks similar, except it has Kiwi engines instead of aerospikes, and does not have an integrated truss structure.

Gn0p4ns.jpg

• 4 months later...

I have built a couple series of launch vehicles.  For lack of any creativeness on my part, they are the Alpha and Bravo series.  Best part was launching them as seen below.

Alpha Series 1.25m LV. Designed to get small payloads in to LKO. All recoverable using Stage Recovery and RealChutes. Left to right; Alpha 1 and Alpha 2. 2.5 Mg and 5Mg, respectively into 100km LKO. Engines by KW Rocketry.

RwsZ7PZ.png

Bravo Series 2.5m LV. Designed to get Medium to heavy payloads into LKO. All recoverable using Stage Recovery and RealChutes. Left to right; Bravo 1 through 7. 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40Mg respectively into 100km LKO. Engines by KW Rocketry, SRBs by KW Rocketry and SpaceY.

pFjxNhl.png

Charlie Series - 5m... In the works.

Edited by Eugene Moreau

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, Spartwo said:

Fully re-usable even if 2 haven't legs.

If you're open to suggestions, I know of a nice alternative to landing legs. Using larger fins and extending them so that the tips of the fins are below the engine bell usually works a lot better than trying to land on the engine bell itself. The wing surfaces also have a better collision resistance than most engines, if I'm not mistaken.

Another thing that can be done is extending the fins like I mentioned, but adding small fuel tanks (smaller than the diameter of the main tank) on the ends of them with fuel lines to the main tank. Stick landing legs on each wing-tip fuel tank and you can get a very wide base, although it does make a significant difference to the appearance of the rocket.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.