[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Thank you so much @NathanKell and all the guys that helped to bring RSS/RO to 1.1.2!

Not much makes me (a 240pound calm and quiet bear) so giggly inside :D 

Now a can start to bring Matt Kermon to Mars and maybe back.

200.gif

I do not know why it's not on CKAN, it should be. I suggest asking on the CKAN thread.

Thanks everyone! And again, from me, thanks to all the amazing contributors who made this possible! :)

Those of you having errors--as was mentioned above you really need to install all the dependencies (and all of each dependency) or things will break. That means, e.g., you need the full RealFuels and all of its dependencies (SolverEngines and Community Resource Pack).

After 3 hours of downloading (via CKAN, had many issues with CKAN now willing to install anything :P) finally got everything working!

It's 6GB at startup without the RVE mod, 6.5 with it, and a moderate loading time of 10 minutes... (Gotta get an SSD)

If anybody is interested in the .ckan file tell me, but beware as CKAN seems to fail installing multiple mods at once!

36 minutes ago, tajampi said:

After 3 hours of downloading (via CKAN, had many issues with CKAN now willing to install anything :P) finally got everything working!

It's 6GB at startup without the RVE mod, 6.5 with it, and a moderate loading time of 10 minutes... (Gotta get an SSD)

If anybody is interested in the .ckan file tell me, but beware as CKAN seems to fail installing multiple mods at once!

Is there a way to install this mod with CKAN for 1.1.2 or do i have to install manually?

Edited by Kerbal Steve

17 minutes ago, tajampi said:

CKAN fails downloading some of the mods, but trying multiple times usually fixes it.

Btw, coming back to the SSTU plumes, apparently the issue lies with RO. SSTU does have Realplume configs, and they also work in stock. But in RO, I'm only seeing stock plumes (other engines work).

There is a folder with SSTU Realplume configs in RO, so I assumed there might be a conflict, but removing the folder doesn't seem to change anything.

Another EDIT: I see, is it just the RP format being outdated in the cfgs? If it's just basic copying over numbers, I might do that.

Edited by Temeter

47 minutes ago, littlebuddy0 said:

I am trying to install RO from CKAN but it still says RO is for 1.0.5 but this post says 1.1.2. :(

It's being fixed by CKAN personnel as we speak. Check again in a couple of hours.

I am so sorry for being repetitive: But thanks a lot for the special celebration of the day the war ended (well in these parts here at least) and the peaceful use of rockets started!

RO crew: Ihr seid großartig!

Thank you so much for all your hard work, this is such an incredible piece of work you have all worked to put together and it increases my enjoyment of this game by a huge amount.

You are all heroes in my eyes!

Hey, I'd just like to say a massive thank-you for developing this mod, I understand this creating this can be quite time consuming and I appreciate all the work you put in. Although I'm a broke as brick, you have my sincerest gratitude.

1 hour ago, rolls said:

So with 1.1.2 if we run 64 bit we should no longer have any out of memory crashes? How is everyone finding it?

Managed to go up to 13gb of ram with 160 mods, steady as a rock.

4 minutes ago, JeeF said:

Managed to go up to 13gb of ram with 160 mods, steady as a rock.

Can you do stupid stuff like alt-tab and click wildly on a scene change (eg VAB to Launch pad) without it crashing? If so awesome!

17 minutes ago, rolls said:

Can you do stupid stuff like alt-tab and click wildly on a scene change (eg VAB to Launch pad) without it crashing? If so awesome!

Yep. Was watching a video on youtube while my sounding rocket was trying to break a new altitude record. Haven't had any crash all day.