Memory errors with two mods?

KSP: 0.25.0 OS X

Problem: Running out of memory with 2 mods.

Mods Installed: Chaka Monkey Exploration and Mechjeb

Reproduction Steps: Try to open the game with just those two mods installed.

Log: A log file was not printed.

Edited by Razorcane

How do you know you're running out of memory without the log? Are you basing that on a crash, hang, Activity Monitor, or something else?

There is always a log accessible through Console > Unity > Player.log (~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log). It's overwritten every time you start the game, so you'll need to reproduce the problem to get a useful log.

There is a .log file but it doesn't have any useful information on it. The last few entries show startup information(like loading X mod), and there are no errors to speak of.

EDIT: Ok, here are the last few entries from both the Player.log file and the KSP.log file. Both stop whenever I try to open the VAB, and that's when it stops responding. I noticed that by removing both the squad folders and the NASA mission folders, I was able to load into the VAB for a few seconds.

NOTE: I was mistaken about my mods. I was using Chaka Monkey Exploration and Mechjeb. I added a few more in case there were required mods that I was missing. Here is my new mod list:

Chaka Monkey Exploration, Mechjeb, Active Texture Management, JSI RPM, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, and TweakScale.

------------------- initializing editor mode... ------------------

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

editor started

(Filename: /Applications/buildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Untitled Space Craft - Untitled Space Craft

Receiving unhandled NULL exception

Obtained 12 stack frames.

[WRN 18:32:43.799] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to EDITOR (Async) =====================

[LOG 18:32:44.463] [RealChute]: Saved settings file.

[LOG 18:32:44.706] AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'ActiveTextureManagement' from assembly 'ActiveTextureManagement'

[LOG 18:32:45.632] No Input Locks in effect right now

[WRN 18:32:45.636] [scenarioDestructibles]: Destructible SpaceCenter/KSCLaunchPad/LaunchPadMedium/ksp_pad_waterTower registered after module was loaded. Adding new instance to protodestructible ref list

[WRN 18:32:45.639] [scenarioDestructibles]: Destructible SpaceCenter/KSCLaunchPad/LaunchPadMedium/ksp_pad_sphereTank registered after module was loaded. Adding new instance to protodestructible ref list

[WRN 18:32:45.641] [scenarioDestructibles]: Destructible SpaceCenter/KSCRunway/model_runway_new_v43/runway_light_NW registered after module was loaded. Adding new instance to protodestructible ref list

[WRN 18:32:45.642] [scenarioDestructibles]: Destructible SpaceCenter/KSCRunway/model_runway_new_v43/runway_light_NE registered after module was loaded. Adding new instance to protodestructible ref list

Edited by Razorcane

There is a .log file but it doesn't have any useful information on it. The last few entries show startup information(like loading X mod), and there are no errors to speak of.

EDIT: Ok, here are the last few entries from both the Player.log file and the KSP.log file. Both stop whenever I try to open the VAB, and that's when it stops responding. I noticed that by removing both the squad folders and the NASA mission folders, I was able to load into the VAB for a few seconds.

NOTE: I was mistaken about my mods. I was using Chaka Monkey Exploration and Mechjeb. I added a few more in case there were required mods that I was missing. Here is my new mod list:

Chaka Monkey Exploration, Mechjeb, Active Texture Management, JSI RPM, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, and TweakScale.

Greetings.

We have tested Chaka Monkey with all of those products and have verified that it works, but I would like to know more about your issue and help out. May I assume that you are using Chaka 0.26.1 ?

Greetings.

We have tested Chaka Monkey with all of those products and have verified that it works, but I would like to know more about your issue and help out. May I assume that you are using Chaka 0.26.1 ?

That is correct YANFRET. However, I believe that the problem lies with the base game, and not any of the mods I'm using. I notice that when I first launch the game, it is already using about 3.1GB of memory. That is a bit high without having any mods.

- - - Updated - - -

It would also help to provide a complete copy of the Player.log. There's at least one error, but it's hard to interpret without context.

Well, it's likely that it's not a memory issue, since it crashes in different places. The next time it crashes, I will upload the log files for you.

I somewhat solved this issue by reading another thread. I lowered the texture quality from full-res to half-res and was able to play the game for nearly half an hour before it crashed. You'd think that a GTX 750M could handle 900p but oh well.

I notice that when I first launch the game, it is already using about 3.1GB of memory. That is a bit high without having any mods.

No, that is actually far, far too high for a stock install of the game. If a stock install is really using 3.1GB of memory then there is almost certainly something badly wrong with your install...

No, that is actually far, far too high for a stock install of the game. If a stock install is really using 3.1GB of memory then there is almost certainly something badly wrong with your install...

Well no matter how many times I re-download/re-install the game it has the same result.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.