Nertea

[1.2.2] Community Tech Tree (Dec 31, 1.2.2 update)

880 posts in this topic

@Gordon Dry CTT doesn't change any of the stock nodes so all parts should be able to load onto the tech tree without config editing. I don't know what's going on on your side but I'd guess it's a mod conflict.

for example, AdvancedSciTech has the exact same name in both Stock and CTT. Don't belive me, check out https://github.com/ChrisAdderley/CommunityTechTree/blob/master/GameData/CommunityTechTree/Tree/CommunityTechTree.cfg#L166

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

Darn. I was tidying up and removing mods after mods but ...

My experience with KSP is that it can be very itchy and provide irrational issues between mods I never had an idea of they could do anything against each other.

And it's very hard to pinpoint the issues when the (Unity) KSP yells irrational stuff and spams the log with non-helpful messages - and every few hundred lines of nothing is an error message, later it's clear this is a "harmless" error message etc. pp.

10 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

My experience with KSP is that it can be very itchy and provide irrational issues between mods I never had an idea of they could do anything against each other.

And it's very hard to pinpoint the issues when the (Unity) KSP yells irrational stuff and spams the log with non-helpful messages - and every few hundred lines of nothing is an error message, later it's clear this is a "harmless" error message etc. pp.

While you may not understand messages in the log or think that it's very hard to pinpoint issues, mod authors generally are pretty good at knowing exactly where to look to find out how their mod is broken. As long as you can put in the work to get clear reproducible issues and then supply the logs, screenshots, ModuleManager cache's, or whatever else the mod author asks for, your problem will almost always get solved.

1 person likes this