[1.12.x] Community Tech Tree (July 3)

Nertea

Yes, but I want my nodes on this tree.

What nodes are missing? Given that Nertea added like.. fifty of them.

I doubt he will be adding any new ones to this tree any time soon, as we just hashed it out and a lot of us are beginning to move things here.

Also wouldn't bargain rocket parts be at the very start of the current tech tree?

Yes, but I want my nodes on this tree.

If you're suggesting a "cardboard" node branch, for instance, to work in the context of the bargain parts, then they won't have any function for people not using that mod.

We'd need something like Module Manager for the tree itself to add/modify nodes per-mod.

I don't think the CTT is intended to provide nodes for individual addons (except maybe a handful of very large ones), but to add enough new nodes to give some more breathing room compared to the stock tree. If every addon made their own additions to the tree it would get unwieldy very quickly.

Darkoflame if it uses the same nodes that interstellar does then the nodes are already in CTT and as long as the part names are the same then my cfg for interstellar "should" work.

I dont use the lite version so not sure how the parts are that's why I said "should".

Edited by Serino

Love the logo, hope this project takes off!

Right now I am using Mod Oriented Tech Tree but wish it had more mods in there, although it already supports quite a few, but I can see this one being the default if more modders add to it.

Any plans on adding RLA, B9, PTO, etc?

Good luck and I will be keeping an eye on this!

Edited by Lechuza

Love the logo, hope this project takes off!

Right now I am using Mod Oriented Tech Tree but wish it had more mods in there, although it already supports quite a few, but I can see this one being the default if more modders add to it.

Any plans on adding RLA, B9, PTO, etc?

Good luck and I will be keeping an eye on this!

I don't add mods - either authors or users do. Feel free to pick up a copy of B9/RLA and using the mini-guide in the OP to contribute a patch!

Question, Techmanager is now released with 2 tech tree addition, KSP Interstellar and Near Futures tech trees. Will it conflict with Community Tech Tree?

No, when you start a new game you are given the option to choose which of the tech trees that are seen gets applied. All you have to do is choose the correct one :)

No, when you start a new game you are given the option to choose which of the tech trees that are seen gets applied. All you have to do is choose the correct one :)

The correct one? That happens if I select all 3? Will is somehow merge them into 1 tech tree?

The correct one? That happens if I select all 3? Will is somehow merge them into 1 tech tree?

If you enable more than one tree config at a time, TechManager will allow you to switch between enabled trees at the R&D screen. This is useful if you have parts installed that depend on different trees, or if someone creates a tree that's designed to be used temporarily alongside another. If all of your parts are in stock or CTT nodes, then the simplest experience will be to not enable any other trees.

Hello,

I'd like to thank everyone involved in the development of the Community Tech Tree! I made a CTT config for Interstellar Lite and wanted to share it with everyone, you can download it here.

While there is some overlap this is not a carbon copy of Serion's Unofficial KSPI for CTT. I placed parts where I felt they should be, feel free to make changes to suit your needs.

Enjoy!

*the config file contains instructions, please follow them or it won't work! I failed to mention in the config but it should be obvious, do not install treeloader that comes with KSPI Lite.

**feedback is welcome and appreciated!

Edited by Jim Meillente

• 2 weeks later...

Add Karbonite Plus to the list. Might as well add (while you're plugging these in):

Freight Transport Technologies

USI Kolonization Systems (MKS/OKS)

Asteroid Recycling Technologies

Advanced Mining Technologies

USI Exploration Pack

USI Survivability Pack