[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

Your ksp.necrobones.com link is broken btw, I get a 403 forbidden error.

Sorry about that. It fixes itself within the hour, so it's good to go now.

Thanks for the quick update to an indispensable parts pack!

I'm just wondering, when you reassigned tech-tree locations, what your considerations were regarding whether to follow Squad's new scheme of separating engines and tanks into two parallel paths?

Thanks again!

My pleasure!

Basically I put the engines and tanks into the split locations as the default, but the custom "Massive Rocketry" node I added is 1000 points, and requires you to complete both the fuel and rockets paths first before you can unlock it. It contains both the engines and the tanks in the 5m size.

Ahh. Nothing better to get up in the morning, having a fresh coffee, a free day and an update to one of your favorite mods.

http://i.imgur.com/TAHzTo0.jpg?1

Thank you Necrobones :D

Hah! Awesome, I love it. :)

I'm having an issue with the flame trench.

http://imgur.com/pqF8Kw6,kzhmoFu,F4Rw9ik

Smoke comes out of the trench when the engine is not firing, then when it is firing it remains, and as I leave the pad it dissipates.

I noticed that too, but I'm not sure what's causing it yet. I think it has to do with the dual-mode capabilities on the engine. I'm going to have to experiment with it to see if it's something I can correct.

I'm having an issue with the flame trench.

http://imgur.com/pqF8Kw6,kzhmoFu,F4Rw9ik

Smoke comes out of the trench when the engine is not firing, then when it is firing it remains, and as I leave the pad it dissipates.

I noticed that too, but I'm not sure what's causing it yet. I think it has to do with the dual-mode capabilities on the engine. I'm going to have to experiment with it to see if it's something I can correct.

Yep, it's what I thought it was. I have the fix for it ready. I'll wait and see if any other needed tweaks come up today before pushing it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Strangely enough these engines never burn up during reentry for me... maybe maxtemps are too high?

They are a bit higher than stock. I can lower them a little. I don't mind them being a little tougher, but they probably shouldn't be uber-tough. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Strangely enough these engines never burn up during reentry for me... maybe maxtemps are too high?

They are a bit higher than stock. I can lower them a little. I don't mind them being a little tougher, but they probably shouldn't be uber-tough. :)

OK, that was a quick fix. Yes, I had the max-temps set to something like 2800 the engines and tanks, whereas stock has them at 2000. I changed the tanks to 2100 and the engines to 2200, so they're a little tougher than stock parts, but not by much.

Instead of using your current Zero-Point fairngs, why not just make a a copy of the stock fairing base, then resize/adjust it to 5m?

Yep, I basically did that, except using one of my bases instead of resizing one of the stock bases.

Another fix I'd recommend, the engines are a bit overpowered now in my view.

It's possible, we'll have to see how things go. It's easier to get to orbit now with the lowered drag, but I did go through and lower all of the ASL thrust numbers so that the old thrust corresponds to Vacuum (space), and the ISPs are generally lower than the stock counterparts. I'm certainly willing to tweak as needed.

Another fix I'd recommend, the engines are a bit overpowered now in my view.
It's possible, we'll have to see how things go. It's easier to get to orbit now with the lowered drag, but I did go through and lower all of the ASL thrust numbers so that the old thrust corresponds to Vacuum (space), and the ISPs are generally lower than the stock counterparts. I'm certainly willing to tweak as needed.

I went back over the stats, and it looks like I didn't compensate with the ISPs, so some of them were higher than mainsails and the like, which isn't supposed to be the case. So I've gone through and dropped most of the ISP values, particularly at the sea-level end, so that they're more fair with the stock balance (and adjusted thrust values a bit alongside that).

Edited by NecroBones

OK, a bunch of tweaks in the last 24 hours:

0.12.1 (2015-04-30) - More 1.0 adjustments
- Fixed the 5m engines to no longer cause continuous smoke on the pad.
- Tweaked the max-temps on the engines and fuel tanks. Now only 5-10% more heat tolerant than stock.
- Adjusted heat generation/dissipation values on SRBs to match stock KD25k SRB.
- Lowered ISPs of the liquid-fuel engines, due to stock rebalance.
- Tweaked some of the thrust numbers for the liquid-fuel engines.
- Tweaked ISP range of the monopropellant OMS/RCS engines to match stock.

Enjoy!

Gimbal on engines (the Ratite cluster at least) is too low. The new engines have dramatically increased gimbal, I would do 6 degrees for the Ratite.

That's a good point. I missed the gimbal changes here. For now I'm increasing it to 4 on the R-series (up from 1.x) and the K1, and 5 on the M-series engines. We'll see how it goes. This will be in the next update.

Thanks! :)

In today's 1.0.1 patch, Squad reversed the change they made to how "MaxThrust" works. For 1.0, they changed it to be Sea-level thrust instead of the actual "max" (vacuum) thrust. Today, they switched it back. Because of this, I'll put out an update again today with corrections to the engines in the mod.

Not yet, I haven't had a chance to look into it. However, since SpaceY makes heavy use of texture sharing, the footprint is already pretty small.

KSP to DDS converter (look for it on the forums, I've already gave the link in this thread or in MRS thread, I don't remember).

30 seconds of really hard work, including searching for mod folder and pressing the left mouse button (so hard!)

Works like a charm.

KSP to DDS converter (look for it on the forums, I've already gave the link in this thread or in MRS thread, I don't remember).

30 seconds of really hard work, including searching for mod folder and pressing the left mouse button (so hard!)

Works like a charm.

Cool, I'll take a look. :)

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: DDS conversion looks good. I'll be putting out updates today anyway for KSP 1.0.1, so this is a good time to roll out the texture conversion.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: DDS conversion looks good. I'll be putting out updates today anyway for KSP 1.0.1, so this is a good time to roll out the texture conversion.

Amazing work, as always.

Fast, responsive, reliable....

I just wish i had something to moan about in order to be able to post on here, but my only one was "MRS is too crowded" and then you put up a Lite version.... So no complaints left. lol

I WILL come back with something =P

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! :)

Now let's hope that Squad won't SUDDENLY release 1.0.2 (or 1.1, or whatever) couple of days later, reverting it again :)

No kidding, it's actually just came in Steam.

Me and my tongue... Well, at least it's couple of hours, not days.

Well, geez. Looks like the change list is really tiny though. Nothing that should affect us here.

Well, geez. Looks like the change list is really tiny though. Nothing that should affect us here.

Yeah, i don't think they changed much, but it was called out so i found it quite funny that it actually came out within a few minutes of that post =P

I was very disappointed when I learned that KW Rocketry has seemingly been abandoned, or at least is not going to be any kinds of fast on the draw to update to 1.0.

Then I saw this, and I thought "That'll probably do me." I will miss some of KW's overpowered engines in the smaller ranges that made my rocketry life more tolerable, but this oughta do juuust fine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.