Crash on staging, new since OS X Yosemite upgrade

KSP: 0.25.0.642 Mac 32bit (build id = 00642; 2014-10-07_11-15-09; Branch: master)

Problem: Staging event causes game crash

Mods Installed:

MechJeb2 1.2

Reproduction Steps:

There are intermittent crashes which produce similar stack traces in the error report, but this is the smallest consistently reproducible steps that I could find that produce a distinct difference between the Mavericks version and the Yosemite version.

I have a launch-fuel-to-orbit vehicle that always crashes on the second staging event. Here, take a look:

Here's my log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sw1w5ipiqpx9o9/Player.log?dl=0

And the crash report with backtrace:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/12r1m3zl3wgtvwz/Crash_report.log?dl=0

Although I use MechJeb, I reproduced this without it or any other mods installed (I shot the video because it was easier to avoid flying that big ol' rocket into the ground if Mechanical Jebediah flew her for me).

So the log didn't tell me much, unless "Should have Jettisoned" is less of an assertion and more of an error report. On the other hand, that crash report smells like a segfault in Unity, always inside of CompareBaseObjects -> IsValidObjectReference, and always at the end of a deep stack trace that has the flavor of infinite recursion to it every 6 frames or so. This is true even for an "intermittent crash" where things bork in the middle of some other less reproducible activity. Take that for what it's worth.

If I had to guess, I would say that something from the Mono layer down is different in Yosemite from Mavericks, though what that may be is outside of my visibility level. Perhaps it's an OS X bug that will be resolved on Apple's side, or one that Unity will correct, but if you could pass on more information upstream, I'd appreciate it.

Love the game, BTW - as a software engineer and ex-Lockheed Martin employee, I find this game endlessly addictive... keep up the good work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.