[0.25] NEBULA space engineering - Decals Update! Quality fix + more.

Krasimir

STDdM3y.jpg

This mod allows to place decals on your crafts!

Theres 5 parts - 1 flat, 1 curved decal, 1x2, 1x4 and 1x8 decals. You can switch the textures of the decal and rescale it.

DOWNLOAD

Kerbal Stuff

Curse

This mod INCLUDES Firespiter plugin by Snjo (only the plugin is included)! His forum thread is here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v6-3-5-(Sep-1st)-for-KSP-0-24-2 

Tweak Scale plugin is REQUIRED so you can rescale the decals! Get it here

Making Your own decals:

1. make your desired texture with size by power of two - 128x128, 256x256, 512x512 etc.. pixels and save it as YourTexture.png in " \GameData\NEBULA\decals\textures\ " directory.

2. open the config.cfg and configc.cfg. Find the line " textureNames = " and add your texture name at the end of line with a semicolon before it.

Example:

If your texture is named "Yourtexture.png", the line should look like:

textureNames = dcl2;nebula;esa1;esa2;nasa1;nasa2;roskosmos1;roskosmos2;energia1;euflag;usflag;ruflag;Yourtexture

Restart the game and enjoy yor new decal :)

Changelog:

v1.01

Fixed the transperant quality issue.

Added 3 more decals: 1x2, 1x4 and 1x8.

Added new textures.

License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Edited by Krasimir
Update

I've been waiting for a mod like this for a really really long time. And I'm so excited someone finally made something like this. This is brilliant!

I did notice an issue with it, however:

fnvjiGI.png

pyQcc9w.png

As you can see, the textures are very jaggy and aliased on these transparent PNGs. On the non-transparent ones, it's much less obvious. This makes the detailed logos with thinner strokes to not even appear on the texture.

Also, a suggestion: would it be possible to to have an additional version of the decal part that uses the standard rocket scales instead of the free mode of TweakScale? This is so we could fit it onto standard fuel tanks without fiddling with the scale percentage.

Thanks again for the awesome mod!

As you can see, the textures are very jaggy and aliased on these transparent PNGs. On the non-transparent ones, it's much less obvious. This makes the detailed logos with thinner strokes to not even appear on the texture.

Also, a suggestion: would it be possible to to have an additional version of the decal part that uses the standard rocket scales instead of the free mode of TweakScale? This is so we could fit it onto standard fuel tanks without fiddling with the scale percentage.

Thanks again for the awesome mod!

I will play with the shader but to be honest i dont expect better results on the transparent png's. As for the Tweakscale open http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80234 scroll down to Example Configurations, look at the spoiler and copy/paste to replace your preffered configuration in the decal parts cfg. hope that helps and thanks :)

Edit: i suspect that your esa decal is sinking below the normal texture of the fuel tank. Did you tried using the flat one for that?

Edited by Krasimir

I have found the solution - it was the shader settings, ill release update later today with much much better cutout :)

Edited by Krasimir

I've been for the longest time creating invisible parts and sticking a texture to just one side of the object depending on the craft I'm building (could be the name of the vessel, ID number, flag, etc). But it's a ton of work, since I gotta create an entire new part for every little decal I want.

This plugin solution makes my job so much easier, since I only need to work on the texture. Thank you very much!

EDIT: Requires Firespitter, which I was missing.

Does not work for me. That is, it does not show the "Next Texture" nor "Prev texture" buttons. I can place only the Default decal

K35Zxo6.jpg

Edited by Apollo13

Is Firespitter required? Not mentioned in the OP.

Right under the download ( This mod INCLUDES Firespiter plugin by Snjo (only the plugin is included)! His forum thread is here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v6-3-5-%28Sep-1st%29-for-KSP-0-24-2 

EDIT- And make sure that the mods folder path is KSP/Gamedata/NEBULA

Edited by Mecripp2

Right under the download ( This mod INCLUDES Firespiter plugin by Snjo (only the plugin is included)! His forum thread is here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v6-3-5-%28Sep-1st%29-for-KSP-0-24-2.

Oh drat! I saw the TweaskScale in big-arse letters. Missed the Firespitter. I'll add that.

Thank you. Gave you a forum rep as well.

EDIT: Upon starting KSP, I got a warning message saying that firespitter.dll is incompatible with v 0.25. the latest version of firespitter.dll that I could find was for 0.24.2. Is there another? Regardless, the version of firespitter.dll worked well enough that the Decal mod works as advertised. Forum rep point to our modder, Krasimir.

Edited by Apollo13

Sooooo, it's like a part, right, so it's possible to add resources/modules to the decal? Does it have a collider? I'm thinking DRE ablative shielding.

Its possible yea, and it have only node_collider. Its a very simple part just uses alpha cutout shader and uses firespitter to change the texture and Tweak scale to scale - both implemented in the cfg.

- - - Updated - - -

What about a button to bring up a window with a list of the textures? Instead of a click through button, that would take forever. But I totally support this mod.

That would require its own plugin.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not saying this is a must-have mod.

But gosh, some rockets need logos.

And graffiti.

And post-it notes saying, "WARNING EXPERIMENTAL PART DO NOT USE", on *everything*.

TA-DAaaa...hah.

Jeb's going to be so mad.

(Krasimir, more seriously, is there anything I can do about that drop shadow?)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by LitaAlto

• 3 months later...