[WIP] Mining and Processing Extension [KIMP] resumed

riocrokite

slow progress, I realized that I need to write another plugin for multiple docking ports on one part so it will take some time (I need this functionality so frames / parts have multiple docking - attachment places that can be toggled on /off for performance issues - see this why http://i.imgur.com/wFS0RwX.jpg )

in the meantime a graphical illustration of depletion nodes around poles (nodes are getting wider when being closer to poles):

weo1VOq.png

slow progress report;

couldn't manage to make multi docking aesthetics and functionality going so for now will stick to standard layout and KIS for attaching stuff, also found serious bug in IR parts of MFS, so going to temporarily remove them from MFS. On a good note I managed to make standard wheel going with new KSPWheel plugin by ShadowMage, generally it's really good for borked U5 wheel implementation. Don't know if I manage to make deployable wheel, so for now going to release fixed wheels only. The reason being they will provide proper frame height for mining drums (not too high, not too low):

1BEnlw9.png

Edited by riocrokite

24 minutes ago, riocrokite said:

couldn't manage to make multi docking aesthetics and functionality

I did manage to get parts with multiple docking ports (and modules) working in SSTU.  Mostly it came down to finding a method to rename the GUI controls so players would know which GUI buttons controlled which ports.

If this is something you are interested in getting working, let me know and I can send some code your direction (is a very simple module, and I would be willing to give permissions for you to re-use all of the code for that module without restrictions/licensing concerns).

Send me a PM (or tag me in a post) if you are still interested in working on the multi-docking thing :)

Edited by Shadowmage

cheers man,

to be more precise I was looking to implement functionality on top of existing docking ports (since there will be quite a few on a single frame: forward backward, 3-5 on top etc). Namely I was looking to implement module that looks for existing moduleDockingNodes on a part (in extension on a vessel) and disables / enables them - similar to what shielded docking port does - mostly for performance issues), secondly that module would hide all the buttons connected with docking modules pm a part to avoid button clutter with several docking ports on one part (could be connected with deactivation mechanics). I guess that part module could be implemented on each part with multi docking ports, a vessel-wide module (activate/deactivate docking ports on all vessel) could be added to parts with command modules. GUI change would also be nice as you wrote. So in short yah I'll appreciate help :)@Shadowmage :)

I'll give some thought on how to enable/disable the ports; my current plugin code simply handles renaming of the GUI buttons.

Probably shouldn't be too hard to set it up/get it working.  One thought that comes to mind would be using the some of the shielded docking port setups, but give it a dummy animation to play with.

If I don't get back to you in the next few days/by the end of the weekend, hit me up with a PM to remind me (very crazy/busy times lately... so much to do).

Do you have any models rigged that I could use for testing?

• 2 weeks later...

I won't finish all things for the mod to publish before holidays so will be back to development on late august-september, meanwhile finished solar concentrator model that is meant to be mount on LL-shaped MFS frame:

pvB86uw.png

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, riocrokite said:

just letting you know guys that I'm still here, it's just RL stuff takes precedence so the development is on hold. I intend to get back to this stuff eventually.

No problem and take your time. Look forward to  any further work you do on depletion nodes as that look fascinating.

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.