Undocumented control

sal_vager

Never seen this one mentioned nor is it on the wiki or in the readme.

Hold down control and left click on a part of your rocket in the VAB, the parts tab will switch to the page it came from, useful if you have lots of parts and want to add more of the same.

i think harv annouced this when he put it in the game, but then - there wasn\'t any further mention of it, so it could seem completely 'secret' for anyone who didn\'t catch that particular update thread ::)

for that matter, holding 'alt' and clicking any part on your rocket will duplicate it (and whatever it may have attached to it) :thumbup:

it\'s not the first time one of the newer players finds something that is taken as common knowledge to such extent it isn\'t really documented anywhere...

but i guess any work on a proper 'manual' by now would be an exercise in futility, since features are changing all the time, and new stuff keeps coming along at a breakneck pace

:cheers:

I totally missed it yeah and I\'ve been playing for some time now :)

By the way, the Alt thing doesn\'t work for me, maybe it\'s set up differently to all the other controls, that and the joystick are the last things broken in Wine but I know the joystick issue is due to poor rawinput support.

I totally missed it yeah and I\'ve been playing for some time now :)

By the way, the Alt thing doesn\'t work for me, maybe it\'s set up differently to all the other controls, that and the joystick are the last things broken in Wine but I know the joystick issue is due to poor rawinput support.

It\'s only left alt that does this, if by chance you were only trying right :)

I have a small keyboard with a separate numpad on the left, because that\'s just how I like it :)

I have an Alt key on the left and an Alt Gr key on the right, Alt F2 works for the console (after I remapped Run Program to Alt F3) but no matter what I try, Alt click does nothing for me in KSP.

I have a small keyboard with a separate numpad on the left, because that\'s just how I like it :)

I have an Alt key on the left and an Alt Gr key on the right, Alt F2 works for the console (after I remapped Run Program to Alt F3) but no matter what I try, Alt click does nothing for me in KSP.

Hmm that\'s most unfortunate...the alt to copy is one of the most useful features...