Raptor9

Raptor's Craft Download Catalog - Concepts & Solutions

578 posts in this topic

You know you've done something right when you get complimented by @Firemetal.

Love your work, keep it up!

1 person likes this

I can't get the LV-2C payloads off the lander, the PL in specific, and it's liquiding me off. Any tips?

6 hours ago, redmonddkgamer said:

I can't get the LV-2C payloads off the lander, the PL in specific, and it's liquiding me off. Any tips?

I assume you're referring to the LV-3C and the BM-series modules.  That being the case, the drop down text box in the VAB below the craft title will have a series of action groups listed for each payload configuration.  Since you mentioned the BM-PL, the following is the list for that payload:

LV-3C Action Groups:
[1] Initiates BM-PL lift sequence from LV-3C
[3] Toggles LV-3C Engines

BM-PL Action Groups:
[1] Activates 24-77 Lift Engines
[2] Toggles Landing Legs
[3] Deactivates 24-77 Lift Engines

The vertical lift engines that allow each payload to "hop" off the LV-3C to the surface is thrust-limited so that for each payload/cargo rack you should place the throttle at ~50% prior to initiating the lift sequence via Action Group [1].  This will ensure a smooth, clean and controlled separation from the LV-3C lander itself.  The BM-PL and BM-H are identical in use, but the cargo rack that lifts the BM-A, BM-P, BM-U, and BM-4H modules are a little different so make sure you look at those and perform a good pre-seperation check.