[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

2 hours ago, sp1989 said:

Is it true that even though the contract pack might not be updated for 1.1 as long as we have the latest version of contract configurator it will work? ScanSat for example.

Have 40 hours now in 1.1 with all contract packs (except 2).

No Errors or exceptions till now. (Only AVC shows up...)

Edited by Jansn67

2 hours ago, Jansn67 said:

Oh my god, YES! Thank you very much for that hint. I place the 1.6.10-dll again and it...

EDIT:... it works. But all Contracts are away now.

And i have Black Kraken on some ships.

You can safely revert to 1.6.11 instead. Shouldn't be quite as bad as 1.6.10 bug-wise. (It's only the dev builds that came after 1.6.11 that are borked)

5 hours ago, nightingale said:

Nope, as long as you can confirm it's fixed, that's great.  What about the Rendezvous issue - did you get that again/still?

Nope.  This time it didn't complete the rendezvous portion until I had actually gotten within 1km of the station.  Maybe last time I fly within 1km, then past 1km without noticing, during my rendezvous burn. 

7 hours ago, nightingale said:
9 hours ago, Mikey_B1974 said:

Received this exception after upgrading RemoteTech to the Pre-release: build-develop-519

Exception occured while loading contract 'RemoteTech.RT_KerbinRelay_4sat':
System.Exception: No ContractRequirement with type = 'CelestialBodyCoverage'.
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.LoadRequirement (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Contract Configurator: Version 1.10.4

RemoteTech: build-develop-519

ContractPack RemoteTech: 2.0.2

From the RemoteTech thread it seems its been happening since RemoteTech prerelease 'build-develop-509'.

I'll look into what broke, but if the RemoteTech folk changed something I may have to wait until they do an official release.  In the meantime, I'm going to have to throw this out there:

All RemoteTech pre-release builds are unsupported and will break stuff in Contract Configurator.  If you want to use a RemoteTech pre-release, don't use it with Contract Configurator.

EDIT: I couldn't confirm what exactly changed from skimming their changelog (RemoteTech is going through a heavy development phase right now), but can confirm it just needs a recompile to fix it.  But I won't do that because that'll break anyone on a release build of RemoteTech.  Once they release their next release build I'll release a Contract Configurator update.  Meanwhile, if you want to play with pre-release RemoteTech and Contract Configurator, you'll have to compile Contract Configurator yourself from source. :)

Thank you very much for your reply :)

Yeah it was also mentioned in the RemoteTech thread, that a recompile probably wouldn't happen before it was an official RemoteTech release.

I figured it would be good to write here too though, in case you weren't aware of the conflict, so you could be prepared for it :) - seems like its helped others figure out why they too have conflicts happening.

I might be way off here. A new behavior have come to my KSP install in KSP 1.1 where some of my vessels are marked by a rectangle in the map, and I cannot target them or switch to them, except from the tracking station. I think this is contract configurator locking them when it thinks they are doing a time dependent contract like holding steady for 130 days?

While I like that it is highlighted, and I like it's harder to mess with them, I would still like to target them. Like in my game right now, my return vessel have been marked. Now I cannot target it, which makes rendezvous rather difficult.

Can you tell me if this is in fact contract configurator behavior? If yes, is there something I'm missing, where I can in fact mark targets etc. If not, I would suggest maybe softening the behavior a little, so then one can at least target vessels :0.0:

Otherwise, thanks for a great mod.

1 hour ago, Warezcrawler said:

I might be way off here. A new behavior have come to my KSP install in KSP 1.1 where some of my vessels are marked by a rectangle in the map, and I cannot target them or switch to them, except from the tracking station. I think this is contract configurator locking them when it thinks they are doing a time dependent contract like holding steady for 130 days?

While I like that it is highlighted, and I like it's harder to mess with them, I would still like to target them. Like in my game right now, my return vessel have been marked. Now I cannot target it, which makes rendezvous rather difficult.

Can you tell me if this is in fact contract configurator behavior? If yes, is there something I'm missing, where I can in fact mark targets etc. If not, I would suggest maybe softening the behavior a little, so then one can at least target vessels :0.0:

Otherwise, thanks for a great mod.

It's functionality introduced in KSP 1.0.5 that Contract Configurator hooks into.  It's possible that the issue is in either stock or Contract Configurator.  Also, I know that Squad changed some keybindings around in map view - did you try right and left clicking (I think it's supposed to be right click now).  Can you confirm which contract it's related to?  Also, can you check if it works properly for a stock contract (it'll be one like "move satellite XYZ to orbit X")?  If you can do all that, and send a KSP.log (in case it's an exception causing things to flake out) it'll be greatly appreciated.

18 minutes ago, nightingale said:

It's functionality introduced in KSP 1.0.5 that Contract Configurator hooks into.  It's possible that the issue is in either stock or Contract Configurator.  Also, I know that Squad changed some keybindings around in map view - did you try right and left clicking (I think it's supposed to be right click now).  Can you confirm which contract it's related to?  Also, can you check if it works properly for a stock contract (it'll be one like "move satellite XYZ to orbit X")?  If you can do all that, and send a KSP.log (in case it's an exception causing things to flake out) it'll be greatly appreciated.

I pretty sure it's a DMagic orbital science contract. No amount of left, right, double or middle clicking highlight the crafts. Most of the time this works great, and when contract are not identified targeting works as usual. But when the contract is identified, e.g. when collection needed science, this happens. At first I noticed it, and was actuals happy with it, for my satelites doing the specific contract. I was only when my transfer vessel got marked by this it got problematic.... I really really don't want to do a  rendezvous blind.... :confused:

Well to it then. I have uploaded some screen dumps, and found the contract in the cfg files I believe is connected to this. I don't have any exceptions regarding contract configurator, so an error was not my first thought. I was just thinking it's somekind of changed behavior. Therefore I haven't supplied a log file.

I'll have to get back to you regarding the stock contract part. I don't remember that right now. I've had this behavior in several contracts, and I definately think of it as related with tracking contracts that need time to complete, like stay in the orbit for 10 days....

Spoiler

DMMag
    {
        maxOffers = 2
        maxActive = 4
        Trivial_Mission_Length = 75
        Significant_Mission_Length = 125
        Exceptional_Mission_Length = 175
        Trivial_Eccentricity_Modifier = 0.2
        Significant_Eccentricity_Modifier = 0.35
        Exceptional_Eccentricity_Modifier = 0.5
        Trivial_Inclination_Modifier = 20
        Significant_Inclination_Modifier = 40
        Exceptional_Inclination_Modifier = 60
        Magnetometer_Experiment_Title = Magnetometer Scan
        RPWS_Experiment_Title = Radio Plasma Wave Scan
        Use_Vessel_Waypoints = true
        Magnetometer_Parts = dmmagBoom,dmUSMagBoom
        RPWS_Parts = rpwsAnt,USRPWS
        Expire
        {
            MinimumExpireDays = 4
            MaximumExpireDays = 10
            DeadlineModifier = 3.7
        }
        Funds
        {
            BaseAdvance = 21000
            BaseReward = 25000
            BaseFailure = 23000
            ParamReward = 4000
            ParamFailure = 0
        }
        Science
        {
            BaseReward = 24
            ParamReward = 2
        }
            BaseReward = 8
            BaseFailure = 7
            ParamReward = 0
            ParamFailure = 0
        }
        Backstory = In an effort to further characterize [1] and to better understand the workings of solar and planetary magnetic fields, you have been asked to carry out a long term mission to [1]. Using a vessel equipped with magnetic and radio plasma wave instruments place a vessel in the specified orbit around [1]. Upon completion of the mission you will be rewarded with further funding.|Scientists at [0] have been studying [1] for some time now and wish to know more about its magnetic environment. They have given you a mission plan to launch a vessel to [1] carrying several instruments designed to study the magnetosphere during a long-term orbit.
    }

8 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

I pretty sure it's a DMagic orbital science contract. No amount of left, right, double or middle clicking highlight the crafts. Most of the time this works great, and when contract are not identified targeting works as usual. But when the contract is identified, e.g. when collection needed science, this happens. At first I noticed it, and was actuals happy with it, for my satelites doing the specific contract. I was only when my transfer vessel got marked by this it got problematic.... I really really don't want to do a  rendezvous blind.... :confused:

Well to it then. I have uploaded some screen dumps, and found the contract in the cfg files I believe is connected to this. I don't have any exceptions regarding contract configurator, so an error was not my first thought. I was just thinking it's somekind of changed behavior. Therefore I haven't supplied a log file.

I'll have to get back to you regarding the stock contract part. I don't remember that right now. I've had this behavior in several contracts, and I definately think of it as related with tracking contracts that need time to complete, like stay in the orbit for 10 days....

Reveal hidden contents

DMMag
    {
        maxOffers = 2
        maxActive = 4
        Trivial_Mission_Length = 75
        Significant_Mission_Length = 125
        Exceptional_Mission_Length = 175
        Trivial_Eccentricity_Modifier = 0.2
        Significant_Eccentricity_Modifier = 0.35
        Exceptional_Eccentricity_Modifier = 0.5
        Trivial_Inclination_Modifier = 20
        Significant_Inclination_Modifier = 40
        Exceptional_Inclination_Modifier = 60
        Magnetometer_Experiment_Title = Magnetometer Scan
        RPWS_Experiment_Title = Radio Plasma Wave Scan
        Use_Vessel_Waypoints = true
        Magnetometer_Parts = dmmagBoom,dmUSMagBoom
        RPWS_Parts = rpwsAnt,USRPWS
        Expire
        {
            MinimumExpireDays = 4
            MaximumExpireDays = 10
            DeadlineModifier = 3.7
        }
        Funds
        {
            BaseAdvance = 21000
            BaseReward = 25000
            BaseFailure = 23000
            ParamReward = 4000
            ParamFailure = 0
        }
        Science
        {
            BaseReward = 24
            ParamReward = 2
        }
            BaseReward = 8
            BaseFailure = 7
            ParamReward = 0
            ParamFailure = 0
        }
        Backstory = In an effort to further characterize [1] and to better understand the workings of solar and planetary magnetic fields, you have been asked to carry out a long term mission to [1]. Using a vessel equipped with magnetic and radio plasma wave instruments place a vessel in the specified orbit around [1]. Upon completion of the mission you will be rewarded with further funding.|Scientists at [0] have been studying [1] for some time now and wish to know more about its magnetic environment. They have given you a mission plan to launch a vessel to [1] carrying several instruments designed to study the magnetosphere during a long-term orbit.
    }

Well, that's probably not me then, DMOS is a non-Contract Configurator contract, so you'll have to go straight to @DMagic in his thread.

@Warezcrawler That's one of my contracts and doesn't have anything to do with CC. Whenever I get to the Orbital Science KSPedia entry I'll make sure to prominently state this.

The box icon around the vessel (it is a double box, not the single line box that stock contracts use to signify a vessel-specific contract) marks all vessels that a long-term contract is tracking. So for that magnetic field contract, any vessel in orbit around the target planet with the two required science parts will be tracked and have that marker.

But I'm not doing anything to lock the vessel. You should be able to switch to it, move it in or out of the correct orbit, etc...

Do you only have the targeting problem in the map view? You can't double-click them to change to that vessel, or right-click on them? It's possible that drawing the icon over the vessel is causing some error (though the icon drawing is all handled by stock KSP); I'll look into it.

Also, you can set the  Use_Vessel_Waypoints option to false in that contract's config file and it will turn off the double box icons, though I don't think it will affect existing contracts.

Edited by DMagic

10 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@Warezcrawler That's one of my contracts and doesn't have anything to do with CC. Whenever I get to the Orbital Science KSPedia entry I'll make sure to prominently state this.

The box icon around the vessel (it is a double box, not the single line box that stock contracts use to signify a vessel-specific contract) marks all vessels that a long-term contract is tracking. So for that magnetic field contract, any vessel in orbit around the target planet with the two required science parts will be tracked and have that marker.

But I'm not doing anything to lock the vessel. You should be able to switch to it, move it in or out of the correct orbit, etc...

Do you only have the targeting problem in the map view? You can't double-click them to change to that vessel, or right-click on them? It's possible that drawing the icon over the vessel is causing some error (though the icon drawing is all handled by stock KSP); I'll look into it.

I can't double click or right click to change to the vessel, that's right. It simple does not react - there is no exception thrown when doing this.

This behavior exists both in map view and in the tracking station. In the tracking station, I can however use the vessel list one the left to select the vessel, and that works just fine. Otherwise the vessel would have been totally lost to me.

If I get close enough to the vessel, like the 2,5Km range, then I can target the vessel (not in map mode though, but in the normal flight mode).

NEWS, this just in.... I just managed to target a double boxed vessel by clicking on it's orbit line instead. Annoying, but a viable workaround :D (the unset target is not available though.....)

Last thing. If CC is not the issue, should we move this discussion to the Orbital Science threat?

Edited by Warezcrawler

Probably :D, but I think you are right. Waypoints have a new field called blocksInput, which appears to do exactly what it sounds like, blocks direct mouse input. I'll fix it in the next update.

I suppose that might come in handy for certain contract behaviors.

15 minutes ago, DMagic said:

Probably :D, but I think you are right. Waypoints have a new field called blocksInput, which appears to do exactly what it sounds like, blocks direct mouse input. I'll fix it in the next update.

I suppose that might come in handy for certain contract behaviors.

I actually liked it on my satelite when it reached the needed contract conditions. However, when it's another flight that just by incident lives up to the conditions, then it's not optimal :sticktongue:

Edited by Warezcrawler

Hello, 

it seems like I have run into CC bug that results in fps drop. Seeing since the release of 1.1 people are reporting those, I just drop the link to the bugreport I made.

The log file, mod list and log exceptions are all listed there so I see no reason to duplicate them here.

If you have any questions about it, then ask away, I'll be happy to answer.

26 minutes ago, dlrk said:

Is there way to disable RT integration, so I can use CC with a pre-release of RT? The latest stable RT has some serious bugs.

You could use the latest version of CC and just have errors in the log - they don't hurt anything other than not having RT contracts working.

Is there any chance of being able to grab the MET of a vessel in an expression (in days ideally! but I can work with other time formats)?

Something like:

AllVessels().Where(v => v.missionTime >30).Random()

Also bug report:

ReachSpecifiedOrbit is not displaying the orbital parameters. This is with or without "displayNotes = true" specified. (It shouldn't matter anyway as it should default to true)

PIfk5M0.png

Edited by severedsolo

21 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Is there any chance of being able to grab the MET of a vessel in an expression (in days ideally! but I can work with other time formats)?

Something like:

AllVessels().Where(v => v.missionTime >30).Random()

Added Vesse.MET() as a Duration.  I also added Duration.ToDouble() to make the casting a bit cleaner.  That gives you seconds though, so it didn't seem quite clean enough and one thing lead to another.  @NathanKell once commented about my tendencies with Contract Configurator (and the expressions are the worst offenders) - "why build a hammer when you can build a toolbox?".  Long story short, Duration now supports comparison and mathematical operators, so your example becomes:

AllVessels().Where(v => v.MET() > 30d).Random()

22 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Also bug report:

ReachSpecifiedOrbit is not displaying the orbital parameters. This is with or without "displayNotes = true" specified. (It shouldn't matter anyway as it should default to true)

Yeah...  I mishandled that one.  KSP 1.1 broke ReachSpecificOrbit, and I either forgot or "forgot" to add the displayNotes functionality back in.  Since you noticed it fairly quickly, I guess that means people use it?  Anyway, wasn't too bad to add back in, so that's fixed now.  Got a few more things that I want to look at, but a release should be forthcoming fairly soon.

4 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Well, CleverSats uses it. Whether anyone actually uses CleverSats is another story, but I do.

I've always been on the fence about the orbit info dump - I've tried to get rid of it before and someone complained (maybe you!).  That being said, I love the look of the orbit lines in KSP 1.1 (great work, @Arsonide), so in some ways I'm now leaning towards ReachSpecificOrbit over ReachOrbit as a way to do "get to an orbit" in a contract.  Still, they both have their uses, as ReachOrbit allows very loose goals (such as only checking for one orbital parameter like inc or ecc).

11 hours ago, nightingale said:

I've always been on the fence about the orbit info dump

I like it, and with something like CleverSat it's really important. IMO a stock contract replacement should at LEAST have the same basic functionality as stock. I personally use the notes section in the contract window to tell MJ which way to point when starting the gravity turn (using SmartA.S.S). As it is right now, I'm having to guesstimate it using the AN and DN nodes (not difficult, but nicer to have it in flight view).

I love the look of the orbit lines in KSP 1.1 (great work, @Arsonide), so in some ways I'm now leaning towards ReachSpecificOrbit over ReachOrbit as a way to do "get to an orbit" in a contract.

I absolutely agree. The first time I saw the new orbit markers for those contracts, my jaw dropped.

I actually think Orbit (which is what I assume you meant by ReachOrbit) could probably be folded into ReachState. We already have altitude, if you folded inclination/ap/pe into that (obviously only bothering to check for them if situation = ORBITING) that would probably cover it.

52 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

I actually think Orbit (which is what I assume you meant by ReachOrbit) could probably be folded into ReachState. We already have altitude, if you folded inclination/ap/pe into that (obviously only bothering to check for them if situation = ORBITING) that would probably cover it.

The reason they are separate is mostly historical.  Funny enough ReachSpecificOrbit actually uses Orbit under the hood since KSP 1.1.  But I probably won't combine ReachState and Orbit any time soon.

Release time!  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.11.0

• Performance fixes and improved caching of biome data.
  • Duration values can now be used in arithmetic and comparisons in expressions.
  • Added Duration.ToDouble() and Duration().
  • Added Vessel.MET().
  • Fixed issue with vessel re-assignment on undock (thanks chrisl).
  • Improved contract window text when tracking vessels in a VesselParameterGroup.
  • Improved API for requirement saving/loading.
  • Add proper error handling to PartModuleTypeUnlocked.
  • Added ReachSpecificOrbit.displayNotes back in (thanks severedsolo).
  • Fixed so orbits for offered contract show up in the tracking station and NOT in flight.
  • Minor bug fixes.