[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

@nightingale with the upcoming KSP Expansion: Making History and the in game mission builder, is any of this based off your work so when you decide to retire your contract configurator we'd have some way to port our contract packs? Do you have any additional info on what Squad is up to with their mission builder?

4 minutes ago, Tazius said:

@nightingale with the upcoming KSP Expansion: Making History and the in game mission builder, is any of this based off your work so when you decide to retire your contract configurator we'd have some way to port our contract packs? Do you have any additional info on what Squad is up to with their mission builder?

First, let's start with the usual caveats.  The work that I did for Squad is covered by NDA and I can't go into any details for Making History beyond what's already public knowledge.  Also, I've been away from the team for close to 5 months now - so any details that I do know may no longer be true.

However, it's already been said by others, so I'm comfortable saying this: the Making History expansion/mission builder is in no way based off Contract Configurator.  There are some conceptual overlaps, but that's about it.

I won't know for certain what my mod plans are until I have access to the expansion myself.  What I would hypothetically like to do is to do some sort of integration between Contract Configurator and the mission builder, where the logic behind some of the Contract Configurator parameters can be used to create new types of nodes in the mission builder to fill in the gaps between what's provided by the expansion and the functionality in CC.  That could in theory give you a path towards porting a contract pack to the mission builder (although it wouldn't be anything easy/automated).

3 hours ago, nightingale said:

First, let's start with the usual caveats.  The work that I did for Squad is covered by NDA and I can't go into any details for Making History beyond what's already public knowledge.  Also, I've been away from the team for close to 5 months now - so any details that I do know may no longer be true.

However, it's already been said by others, so I'm comfortable saying this: the Making History expansion/mission builder is in no way based off Contract Configurator.  There are some conceptual overlaps, but that's about it.

I won't know for certain what my mod plans are until I have access to the expansion myself.  What I would hypothetically like to do is to do some sort of integration between Contract Configurator and the mission builder, where the logic behind some of the Contract Configurator parameters can be used to create new types of nodes in the mission builder to fill in the gaps between what's provided by the expansion and the functionality in CC.  That could in theory give you a path towards porting a contract pack to the mission builder (although it wouldn't be anything easy/automated).

Take it as no small compliment that the "itch" scratched by this mod was recognized as popular enough for the concept to be integrated into the core game. I was beyond ecstatic when 90% of the stuff from my old 'advanced progression contracts' was integrated into the base contract system. (Squad dropped a plug for it a couple times on social media, so I'm reasonably confident they had seen it)

Your plan for future integration sounds like the right way to go - probably best not to promise anything specific until we've all seen what form the final mission builder stuff takes.

4 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

I can't seem to see the Contract Configurator icon (on the stock toolbar). Anyone have any idea where I put it? Any help would be appreciated.

It's not there any more since 1.2.x.  The settings are now in the stock difficulty settings menu.

New release with KSP 1.3.0 support!  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.23.0

• Support for KSP 1.3.0
  • Fix issue with contract item sizes not always being set correctly in mission control when switching tabs.
  • Fixed "input is null" error in Docking parameter (thanks linuxgurugamer).
  • Fixed to not generate contracts without parameters (thanks severedsolo).
  • Fixed Sigma Dimensions compatibility issue with atmosphere height (thanks pap1723 and Sigma88).

@nightingale

Hello, in v1.3 (and the patch prior) the ships spawned per by accepting my custom missions have all their stages combined rather than how they were split and organized in the VAB. Then that 1st stage is inactivate, like it gets skipped. So If I had 0) Rocket Engine, 1) Coupler, 2) Rocket Engine, 3) Parachute.....the ship would spawn with all as 0)Rocket/coupler/rocket/parachute and the ship wouldn't launch, there'd be no stages triggerable... If I reorganize my stages and then try to stage the engines stage 0 won't trigger, but stage 1 will trigger.

10 hours ago, nightingale said:

New release with KSP 1.3.0 support!  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.23.0

• Support for KSP 1.3.0
  • Fix issue with contract item sizes not always being set correctly in mission control when switching tabs.
  • Fixed "input is null" error in Docking parameter (thanks linuxgurugamer).
  • Fixed to not generate contracts without parameters (thanks severedsolo).
  • Fixed Sigma Dimensions compatibility issue with atmosphere height (thanks pap1723 and Sigma88).

This is great news! Thanks a lot @nightingale!!

Also, I love that you fixed the contract size bug. That was always annoying. :) 

2 hours ago, zakkpaz said:

are any of the contractpacks broken by 1.3?

Hard to say.  Theoretically any contract pack that doesn't depend on code other than Contract Configurator should not be broken (but there could be always be stuff broken in Contract Configurator for KSP 1.3.0 that I'm unaware of).

Just now, nightingale said:

Hard to say.  Theoretically any contract pack that doesn't depend on code other than Contract Configurator should not be broken (but there could be always be stuff broken in Contract Configurator for KSP 1.3.0 that I'm unaware of).

well i geuss i'll just have to see for my self and post the results, thanks

New release, with some good fixes to long outstanding bugs.  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.23.1

• Fixed major bug with VisitWaypoint not properly setting waypoint distances (thanks Keniamin and others).
  • Fixed issue with FacilityRequirement in tracking station (thanks JPLRepo).
  • Fixed issue where some requirement details weren't being saved in contracts.
  • Fixed localisation issue with character names in dialog boxes.
  • Fixed exception when pressing orbit buttons in tracking station (thanks doktorstick).

5 hours ago, nightingale said:

New release, with some good fixes to long outstanding bugs.  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.23.1

• Fixed major bug with VisitWaypoint not properly setting waypoint distances (thanks Keniamin and others).
  • Fixed issue with FacilityRequirement in tracking station (thanks JPLRepo).
  • Fixed issue where some requirement details weren't being saved in contracts.
  • Fixed localisation issue with character names in dialog boxes.
  • Fixed exception when pressing orbit buttons in tracking station (thanks doktorstick).

Cool. Would you advise users of 1.2.2 to switch to this version? Or better keep with the old ones?

What is the reason for this?

ArgumentException: 'Vesta' is not a valid CelestialBody.
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseCelestialBodyValue (System.String celestialName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.RemoteTech.RemoteTechProgressTracker.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.RemoteTech.RemoteTechProgressTracker:OnLoad(ConfigNode)
ScenarioModule:Load(ConfigNode)
ScenarioRunner:AddModule(ConfigNode)
ProtoScenarioModule:Load(ScenarioRunner)
ScenarioRunner:LoadModules(List`1)
ScenarioRunner:SetProtoModules(List`1)
Game:Load()
<Start>c__IteratorC7:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

A more like that.

Full log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/to3nk8cgymjpwmu/2017-06-15-2 KSP.log.zip?dl=1

Edit:

by removing TextureReplacerReplaced and re-adding TextureReplacer this issue is gone...

Edited by Gordon Dry

So I am having some issues with Contracts not loading, I have tried removing and reinstalling both Contract Configurator and all my contract packs but it's no use. it is only loading 81 out of 1200 contracts and most of the are giving the error of multiple assemblies with name contract configurator. I am running KSP 1.3.0 on Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LS and the most recent version of Contract Configurator.

Screenshots:

Here is my list of mods if that helps:

Spoiler

KSP: 1.3 (Unix) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Linux 4.8 Ubuntu 16.04 64bit
000_AT_Utils - 1.4.3
Filter Extensions - 3.0.2
Toolbar - 1.7.14
USI Tools - 0.9.2
Ablative-Airbrake - 0.2
AllYAllContinued - 0.11
AutoAsparagus - 2.2.6
B9 Animation Modules - 1.0.6
B9 Part Switch - 1.8
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.13
BD Animation Modules - 0.6.4.5
BetterTimeWarpContinued - 2.3.8
SCANsat Mission Pack - 1.0.1
Chatterer Extended - 0.6.1
Chatterer - 0.9.93.1804
CollisionFX - 4.0
Color Coded Canisters - 1.5.1
Community Category Kit - 2.0.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.7.1
CommunityTechTree - 3.1.1
Connected Living Space - 1.2.5.3
Contract Configurator - 1.23.1
Contract Pack: Anomaly Surveyor - 1.7
Contract Pack: Base Construction - 0.2.3
CC-CP-SCANSat - 0.6.0.1
Contract Pack: Clever Sats - 1.4
Contract Pack: Field Research - 1.2.1
Contract Pack: Giving Aircraft a Purpose - 1.2.9
Contract Pack: Historical Progression - 1.6
Contract Pack: The K Files - 1.1.1.3
Contract Pack: Kerbal Academy - 1.1.7
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.6.1
Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.1.3
Contract Pack: Sounding Rockets - 1.2
Contract Pack: Grand Tour Contracts - 0.1.10.3
Rover Missions - 0.1.7
Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts - 0.3.27
Contract Pack: Tourism Plus - 1.5.2
CorrectCOL - 1.6
Crew Light - 1.6
Crowd Sourced Science - 4.1
CustomBarnKit - 1.1.12
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.3.0.10
CapCom Mission Control On The Go - 1.0.2.6
Contract Parser - 1.0.6
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.8
Progress Parser - 1.0.7
DangerAlerts - 1.4
Docking Safety System - 1.0.3
EVAEnhancementsContinued - 0.1.10
EVA Struts - 1.0.4
EVA Transfer - 1.0.7
Easy Vessel Switch - 1.3
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.3.13.1
ExtensiveEngineerReportContinued - 0.1
Firespitter - 7.6
GPOSpeedFuelPump - 1.8.8
GroundConstruction - 1.1.2.2
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.6.3
K2CommandPodContinued - 1.1.8.2
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.2
Kerbal Attachment System - 0.6.3
Kerbin Environmental Institute - 1.2.2.130
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.5
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
Camera Mode Persistence - 1.0.2
KerbNet Controller - 1.0.3
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.3
KerbalKonstructs - 1.0
HyperEdit - 1.5.4
KerbinSide-Complete - 1.4
Lithobrake Exploration Technologies - 0.4
Mk1-Cabin-Hatch - 0.2
MagiCore - 1.2.5
Maeneuver Node Evolved - 1.0.3
MissionController 2 - 1.4.3
ZZZRadioTelescope - 1.0.1
EVAHandrailsPackContinued - 0.2.1.5
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.7
NearFutureConstruction - 0.8
NearFutureElectrical - 0.9
NearFuturePropulsion - 0.9
NearFutureSolar - 0.8.1
NearFutureSpacecraft - 0.7
Final Frontier - 1.3.1.3103
Nano Gauges - 1.6.0.3082
S.A.V.E - 1.4.2.2791
Play Your Way - 1.0
Portrait Stats - 1.0.14
Precise Maneuver - 2.3.1
QuickBrake - 1.3.3
QuickExit - 2.1.3
QuickSearch - 3.2
QuickStart - 2.1.4
QuizTechAeroPackContinued - 1.3.10
AmpYear - 1.4.7
Mk2.5 Spaceplane Parts - 1.4.1
RCS Sounds - 5.2
Real Time Clock 2 - 1.4
Recovery Controller - 0.0.2
ReentryParticleEffect - 1.2.0.1
RemoteTech - 1.8.7
RetractableLiftingSurface - 0.1.4
SCANsat - 1.1.7.8
SETI-Contracts - 1.2.2
SETI-ProbeControlEnabler - 1.2.2.1
SETI-ProbeParts - 1.2.2.1
SETI-RemoteTechConfig - 1.2.2
SXTContinued - 0.3.13
SafeChute - 2.1.7
Science Relay - 1.0.4.1
SensiblePumpsCont - 1.2.2
ShipManifest - 5.1.4.3
ShipSectionsContinued - 0.1
SmartActuation - 1.1.0.2
SpaceY Lifters - 1.16
StageRecovery - 1.7.2
StateFundingContinued - 0.6.9.1
StationPartsExpansion - 0.5
Strategia - 1.6
Surface Mounted Stock-Alike Lights for Self-Illumination - 1.4
TakeCommandContinued - 1.4.9
TarsierSpaceTechnology - 6.7
ToadicusToolsContinued - 0.22.1
TotalTime - 0.6.6
Trajectories - 1.6.8
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.8.5
Transfer Window Planner - 1.6.2
TweakScale - 2.3.6
TweakableEverything - 0.1.20
USI Core - 0.4.1
Freight Transport Tech - 0.7.1
Konstruction - 0.2.1
MKS - 0.52.1
Malemute Rover - 0.3.1
Sounding Rockets - 0.6.1
Unmanned before Manned - 1.2.2.1
EVAParachutesAndEjectionSeats - 0.1.14
VenStockRevamp - 1.9.5
VesselMover - 1.5.1.4
Waypoint Manager - 2.7
WernersCheckerContinued - 0.5.6
[x] Science! - 5.7

And here is my log files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cw6duypvqfxk7fz/Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0 (Modded).zip?dl=0

Please let me know if you need anything else.

@Pratherdude - That log file you provided is odd.  It shows you exiting before you've even been able to get to the main menu scene.  This error is the last thing thrown (and is thrown several times):

[EXC 17:02:37.179] UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/home/shaggy/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0 (Modded)/PartDatabase.cfg" is denied.
	System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
	System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
	System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode)
	ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header)
	ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName)
	PartLoader.SavePartDatabase ()
	PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

There seems to be a permission issue, try deleting PartDatabase.cfg (it will get recreated).  If that doesn't fix it, then I'll need to see a log file where you get at least to the main menu (but preferably as far as the space center scene).

12 hours ago, nightingale said:

@Pratherdude - That log file you provided is odd.  It shows you exiting before you've even been able to get to the main menu scene.  This error is the last thing thrown (and is thrown several times):

[EXC 17:02:37.179] UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/home/shaggy/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0 (Modded)/PartDatabase.cfg" is denied.
	System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options)
	System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
	System.IO.File.Open (System.String path, FileMode mode)
	ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName, System.String header)
	ConfigNode.Save (System.String fileFullName)
	PartLoader.SavePartDatabase ()
	PartLoader+.MoveNext ()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

There seems to be a permission issue, try deleting PartDatabase.cfg (it will get recreated).  If that doesn't fix it, then I'll need to see a log file where you get at least to the main menu (but preferably as far as the space center scene).

Yeah I hit the wrong file when I was trying g to copy the log files and it stopped short of loading. I'll delete the file and try again, thanks for the info @nightingale.

@nightingale so I did delete the PartDatadase.cfg file and was able to get all the way into the space center and mission control now, but still only loaded 99 out of 1200 contracts. Here is an updated log files and such, I can't fine the output.log file in Linux but I'll keep looking if you need it. Thanks in advance for ll the help.

Log files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uut9jr3bd5lqwsj/Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0 (Modded) 1a.zip?dl=0

55 minutes ago, Pratherdude said:

@nightingale so I did delete the PartDatadase.cfg file and was able to get all the way into the space center and mission control now, but still only loaded 99 out of 1200 contracts. Here is an updated log files and such, I can't fine the output.log file in Linux but I'll keep looking if you need it. Thanks in advance for ll the help.

Log files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uut9jr3bd5lqwsj/Kerbal Space Program 1.3.0 (Modded) 1a.zip?dl=0

Not really seeing anything horrible - there's a lot of this:

[ERR 12:14:05.192] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Couldn't load CONTRACT_TYPE 'ScanMinmus' due to a duplicate name.
[ERR 12:14:05.193] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Couldn't load CONTRACT_TYPE 'FirstDocking' due to a duplicate name.

Which points to some contract packs being installed incorrectly.  Then there's other stuff like:

[LOG 12:14:11.110] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'ScanDuna'
[ERR 12:14:11.116] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'ScanDuna',PARAMETER 'HasPart1' of type 'HasPart': Unknown parameter 'HasPart'.
[ERR 12:14:11.116] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'ScanDuna',PARAMETER 'ReachSituation1' of type 'ReachSituation': Unknown parameter 'ReachSituation'.
[ERR 12:14:11.118] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'ScanDuna',PARAMETER 'OrbitApoapsis1' of type 'OrbitApoapsis': Unknown parameter 'OrbitApoapsis'.
[ERR 12:14:11.118] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'ScanDuna',PARAMETER 'OrbitPeriapsis1' of type 'OrbitPeriapsis': Unknown parameter 'OrbitPeriapsis'.
[ERR 12:14:11.119] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'ScanDuna',PARAMETER 'OrbitInclination1' of type 'OrbitInclination': Unknown parameter 'OrbitInclination'.

Which refers to some ancient parameter names (I think this might be DBT85's version of the SCANsat contract pack, which hasn't been updated in a good 2 years).  Beyond that it's hard to say.  I'd suggest looking at the Contract Configurator debug window (ALT-F10) and seeing which contract packs are actually causing the problem(s).

• 2 weeks later...